Major Refits upcoming for Riviera (2022) and Marina (2023)

MEFIowa

On 4/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Marina  Nov 2023  Rome-LIs/Lis Mia PH2 both cruises.      in addition to the snooty new ambiance these will be the first cruise after leaving drydock  and not  everything will be working I suspect.........    

You have made it very clear you no longer like Oceania and have cancelled all of your cruises. Why are you still posting? Go away to do whatever you want to do. I really look forward to our first cruise with Oceania and come to these boards for positive information.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

You have made it very clear you no longer like Oceania and have cancelled all of your cruises. Why are you still posting? Go away to do whatever you want to do. I really look forward to our first cruise with Oceania and come to these boards for positive information.

We’ve 12 cruises already sailed with Oceania and have two more booked. Obviously, we generally like what they offer. But anyway I believe these boards are opened not for the positive cheerleaders only but for the posters with different points of view so you can get all kind of information. You always can skip what you don’t like.

Enjoy your first cruise.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

No   you did not get  it... I cancelled my 2023 cruises on the post  fluff-up on Riviera and Marina.    I said nothing about quitting . I made it very clear I thought the new direction  that O was taking with  those ships was upsetting to me and the did not fit my life style.   I had grown to love them over a decade of sailing yearly with them.....

For your reference,  I still have 2 cruises in 2022 on Marina and Riviera.  I cancelled 2 in question  in 2023 and replaced them with 2 on less affected ships in 2023..... all Oceania.     

O is not perfect, but it is the  best option that is available today.   I am not cutting  off my nose despite my face as it were...........   

Amigo...read more and assume less.

260450690_942976363317309_7228749027462621256_n.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/17/2022 at 8:09 AM, LHT28 said:

just use the Ignore feature

Great advice and an excellent feature of Cruise Critic that I have taken advantage of. Was not aware of it until now. Nice to be able to block out people I do not want to listen to. Thanks for the tip. As usual, your posts are helpful. Thank you.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, clairol said:

I am VERY anxious to hear if the tub lives on but for different reasons. My hope is that it does. I am Team Tub! 🛁

That rug seems a little much for such a small space. But other than that I look forward to the improvements... just hoping the tub survives.

Unfortunately all bath tubs will be removed from all staterooms with the exception of the Oceania, Vista and Owner's Suite.  Even the PH staterooms will no longer have bath tubs.  This is good news for those who prefer a larger shower space but bad news for those who prefer a bath tub.  Unlike some cruise lines, e.g., Azamara, Oceania will not give passengers the option of selecting a stateroom with bath tub.  Those wanting a bath tub will have no choice but to select a higher priced suite.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6896

2 hours ago, travelordie said:

Unfortunately all bath tubs will be removed from all staterooms with the exception of the Oceania, Vista and Owner's Suite.  Even the PH staterooms will no longer have bath tubs.  This is good news for those who prefer a larger shower space but bad news for those who prefer a bath tub.  Unlike some cruise lines, e.g., Azamara, Oceania will not give passengers the option of selecting a stateroom with bath tub.  Those wanting a bath tub will have no choice but to select a higher priced suite.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6896

We always loved the bath tubs. It’s a luxury we love to enjoy on vacation.

28 minutes ago, maxamize said:

We always loved the bath tubs. It’s a luxury we love to enjoy on vacation.

I have to say we specifically booked Riviera for a TA next year because of the bathtub. It was not that I thought we would use if very much it was rather the size of the bathroom to accommodate a bath. I guess we will see how we like the larger shower and I am sure my wife will like the bench seat in the shower. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Godblessourhome said:

We can't wait for a larger shower AND the bench seat!!

Never want to use the used and shared bath tub with so many other guest who used it before us!!

They do clean them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the info re the refit. We loved the PH on Riveria with the bath but can understand some find baths difficult to get out of.

Nothing stays the same. Mindful to check details prior to booking. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Yup.....  and not book PH and above..     Beware the line " new and improved"   I know I's never book one looking like that

Dan, I personally, love your posts, always crack me up but I disagree re PH, zebra and all, they are finally getting rid of the piles of furniture in the PH’s and opening them up.  They are much larger than A’s however, still crowded because they are full of stuff!

Although Jacques is my favorite restaurant, I guess we will be in waves a lot more.  Hubby’s  favorite foods are pizza and burgers.  If there were no other foods in the world, he would still be happy!

1 hour ago, the more ports the better said:

Dan, I personally, love your posts, always crack me up but I disagree re PH, zebra and all, they are finally getting rid of the piles of furniture in the PH’s and opening them up.  They are much larger than A’s however, still crowded because they are full of stuff!

Although Jacques is my favorite restaurant, I guess we will be in waves a lot more.  Hubby’s  favorite foods are pizza and burgers.  If there were no other foods in the world, he would still be happy!

Hey...beauty is in the eye of the beholder... 

Jean Sheppard once wrote " people only like meat and potatoes and only eat other things to impress each other.      If I am paying $700 to 1000 a day  it wont be for Pizza and Burgers.     Thats me...In fact I am headed for France for 10 days   for  a food vacation of sorts in a few days. in cuisine land        

I looked at PH  but because of design  felt the  disabled cabins B-3 offered more facility for my wife...  ( they are about 30% larger than the veranda cabin and  only 20% smaller than a PH yet about $5000 less spendy on my cruises)  As mentioned prior, the new blah  white  and cream is reminiscent of hospitals  and institutions, no character !!! .....  Navy ships have more color  now....

tHANK YOU FOR YOUr KIND COMMENTS....   I try.     

• Like 1