Semi Live Review of Drinks and Cocktails on Millennium 4/14

Ripheus

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!""

Ripheus was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

My fiance and I are taking our first cruise together aboard the Millennium tomorrow. We've decided to post a review together of all the drinks and cocktails we have. We missed a good picture of the first one, but hopefully this will suffice. 

PXL_20220413_152426984~2.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Have a great cruise with drinks(how long have you had this problem?😉)  and stay safe healthy and happy. 

Oh, I'd say it's become a passion over the past 2 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

The drinking or cruising?

Definitely the drinking...ever since the beginning of the pandemic. But I hope cruising becomes a passion too. This is my first cruise, so we'll see. 

If you don't mind, I'd be interested in finding out which single malt scotches they were stocking. (And which bars were likely to stock it). I'm cruising on the Summit in a few months and starting to do the research. 

BTW, make sure you check out the Martini Bar.  Usually the best atmosphere of any bar on the ship for a pre dinner cocktail. 

1 hour ago, capecodmercury said:

If you don't mind, I'd be interested in finding out which single malt scotches they were stocking. (And which bars were likely to stock it). I'm cruising on the Summit in a few months and starting to do the research. 

BTW, make sure you check out the Martini Bar.  Usually the best atmosphere of any bar on the ship for a pre dinner cocktail. 

Will do. I'll be scoping out the good stuff when we get on board tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ripheus said:

House old fashioned and Moscow mule at Del Frisco. Super inexpensive and solidly mediocre. 

PXL_20220413_220407139.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Free pour old fashioned on cloudy ice. Built Moscow mule. Drinkable but not great. Really cheap though.

32 minutes ago, Ripheus said:

Margarita and Naked & Famous at El Camino. Both were delicious. I would highly recommend happy hour here. 

PXL_20220413_212645876.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Price was so good on food and drink. Naked and famous was not double stained and full of ice chips and pulp. Dehydrated blood orange wheel garnish was a nice touch. 50/50 tequila and mezcal margarita was really good for $5. Will definitely go back.

23 minutes ago, davy jones said:

It would be a great public service if you could say if your cocktail is available on the classic package?

That's a great idea. We'll include that info when we post our reviews on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the first negative report. Got a lobster roll at Luminae for lunch. There was exactly one piece of lobster in it, in the size of picky nail. OP got NY strip and it was very good. Chardonnay and Pinot Noir were decent. 

Then we headed to Cellar Masters for cocktails. OP got an olds fashioned. it was made with BT bourbon, muddled bright red cherry and orange slice, bright red cherry syrup, soda water, and simple syrup. Drink was spilled a little bit and the glass was not wiped clean. I was not interested in tasting it at all.  I wanted a Manhattan but they only had the bright red cherry and Martini & Rossi sweet vermouth. So no thank you.

0D99FB39-D277-4359-818F-6A919A9D157B.thumb.jpeg.110aa8565bfc042f8f554670079c598d.jpeg

4E9837C2-A8DC-460A-9BB0-A316A452B0BE.thumb.jpeg.4c6e59dd02603f44fde933429413ace5.jpeg