Sunset veranda advice

hevnsprncs

Hello everyone, we've always sailed in aft balcony cabins without trouble, we have noticed some vibration but overall been ok. We are interested in giving a sunset balcony a try but had read there is "a lot of vibration and ship movement feeling." I am curious if that's just overall when in an aft cabin or if there is a significant increase in vibration and movement feel in the sunset balcony cabin. Has anyone sailed in both and can advise?

We generally sail Sunset Veranda and have had a couple of isolated issues with massive vibration that kept us awake for a night.  No idea why, but it caused a lot of noise in the walls.  Not bothered by ship movement but there is generally a bit of vibration that might not be ok for some folks.

If you've always sailed in aft balcony cabins, I'd say that the sunset verandas are not likely to be very much different with regards to vibration and movement, IMO.

• Like 2

We love the Sunset Suites on E-class - S1 corner afts.  The vibration has never bothered us at all when cruising.  We prefer a higher deck for the beautiful aft view.  Most complaints come from deck 12, under the OVC about chair scraping early in the morning.  Of course, this has nothing to do with vibration.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We sail in them often and the only time I felt any vibration was on our last Reflection cruise and it was when we were getting ready to dock back in FLL. Other than that we never felt any. We even did a TA in a SV and no vibration at all.

• Like 1

We choose an SV whenever we can, and have never been troubled by noise, vibrations or soot on the veranda (which I have seen mentioned on other posts).

Compared with a regular veranda cabin midship we actually notice less ship movement in the aft cabins.

I would say that we did notice a little more noise when docking in port, but this was usually very early in the morning and not sufficient to get us completely awake!

We have done most all our cruises in AFT Staterooms over the last 15 yrs(we book really early) and have done many.    We have had very calm sailings and very rough ones.  When the seas are extremely rough as in some crossings and down by Panama as well as between Barcelona and Canne  it can be quite the ride!  We have gone to bed early because it’s hard to stand up and the hangers in the closet bang around. During the day we simply go down to a lower center deck  where it is calmer.  For most of the cruise it is a wonderful view and very little movement.   We get a lot of exercise walking back and forth.   If one is sensitive to movement  we definitely would not recommend it. For others that don’t mind the ride in rough seas it’s a great location.  Incidentally we have had soot on the furniture.  

I have sailed in a SV on Reflection to Iceland and Ireland, as well as an aft FV on Millennium to Alaska. There were no vibrations in my experience, and no more "movement" compared to the rest of the ship!  I did notice soot on the Reflection balcony occasionally, but otherwise both sailings were amazing.  I love the aft view!

Just off Edge.  Great SV balcony size.  SV 12266     Soot was an issue. We were given towels to put on the chairs and loungers.   Chair noise from Oceanview above us, was truly there every morning..EARLY....On a beautiful morning, people like to have  breakfast outside when they are at Oceanview. Unfortunately it was right above our room.  And yes there was noticeable vibration.  Felt like a vibrating massage bed turned on low...Really nice room otherwise.   Just choose a lower floor