Spa Terrace - Useful?

Stickman505

I know that the Terrace is available, as a perk, to those occupying concierge and above staterooms. We did use Marina’s terrace one cruise but if I remember correctly, it was not very accommodating.  There was no shade and the little cabanas were uncomfortable while only providing some sun protection.

We’re planning trips on Riviera and Regatta and am hoping someone can correct the poor impression I hold against what would seem to be a special place.  Perhaps someone has found a way to make the Spa Terrace more enjoyable.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stickman505 said:

it was not very accommodating.

Good description.

I would not choose a concierge cabin with access to the spa terrace as being the reason. It certainly was under-used when we were on Riviera and I need closer access to a bar. 😁

• Like 1

Riviera is only Oceania ship with a true Thalassotherapy pool in the spa terrace. We enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the spa terrace, especially on the O ships...for us it is one reason we book Concierge.

• Like 3

the Regatta has a small shaded area  but  not a good reason to book the A cabins

We enjoy the T-pool on Riviera  but we only use the sap deck for a short time ..we do not stay out in the sun too long

YMMV

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the Regatta has a small shaded area  but  not a good reason to book the A cabins

We enjoy the T-pool on Riviera  but we only use the sap deck for a short time ..we do not stay out in the sun too long

YMMV

that should be spa deck not sap 🙄

Can you use the steam room in the spa on Regatta or must you be in a concierge or above cabin to have free access?  We currently are only in a regular balcony as it is the only thing available at the moment. This is for Alaska cruise in August. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, LadyCruisers said:

Can you use the steam room in the spa on Regatta or must you be in a concierge or above cabin to have free access?  We currently are only in a regular balcony as it is the only thing available at the moment. This is for Alaska cruise in August. Thanks.

Everyone has access to the interior spa area but Concierge and above have free access to the exterior space behind them spa.

• Like 1

On warm weather cruises we like to use the spa deck.  Being in a PH cabin gave us access.  The pool is great and the cabanas are comfy.  We have moved them around to avoid the sun.  There is no bar close by but there are beverages in the spa area - mostly healthy flavored water type drinks.  We once persuaded the attendant to bring us bar drinks and he was happy to oblige although is took some time.

We like the peace and quiet there as well as the view.  I don’t know if this amenity would persuade me to pay extra for a Concierge cabin, especially on an Alaska cruise.  Maybe too chilly for sunbathing and swimming.

• Like 4

We always enjoy the Spa Decks on all the ships. Especially nice on sea days, even on the R ships, if the pool is functioning. Unfortunately, that has been a hit and miss especially on the Nautica! Has a history of being down for days at a time.