P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

14 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Many thanks for this post…especially the requirement to quote the order number. 

Don't worry, Randox use GMT and we are on BST at the moment, hence the hour difference. Does not matter.

• Like 1

I have a Lloyd's test booked in 3 week's time, local and convenient. If they cancel I have a spare Randox test. Long shelf life so can use it for one of my other cruises this year if I do not need it (belts and braces!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

What’s going on with Lloyds pharmacy have just had my covid tests in June and July cancelled by them stating they have admin errors!

I live near you and the same thing happened to me yesterday; some little girl phoned and told me with great smug satisfaction that I would "just have to go elsewhere!". She refused to give a reason, so I complained to Head Office who were very apologetic and explained that they don't have any tests or trained staff at the moment. Superdrug do PCR tests which can be taken up to 3 days before with a next morning result and certificate by email or phone. More expensive though, but Durham have given me an appointment for 2 days prior to sailing. I've also ordered a backup online one just in case they cancel too!

Edited by Clodia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clodia said:

I live near you and the same thing happened to me yesterday; some little girl phoned and told me with great smug satisfaction that I would "just have to go somewhere else". She refused to give me a reason so i complained to head Office who explained that they don't have any tests or trained staff at the moment. Superdrug do PCR tests which can be taken up to 3 days before with a next morning result and certificate by email or phone. More expensive though, but Durham have given me an appointment for 2 days prior to sailing. I've also ordered a backup online one just in case they cancel too!

It seems to me that a reliable source for a test is Randox.

My granddaughter (well her mother) sent of a swab sample to them yesterday lunchtime and she has received an email stating the progress every step of the which is very reassuring as the post, even tracked has know to be a little unreliable at times.

She expects the result by midnight today which I think is a good turn around time from sending the sample.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

My granddaughter (well her mother) sent of a swab sample to them yesterday lunchtime and she has received an email stating the progress every step of the which is very reassuring as the post, even tracked has know to be a little unreliable at times.

She expects the result by midnight today which I think is a good turn around time from sending the sample.  

Unfortunately the line I'm going with (not P and O this time) won't accept Randox because they only accept zoom supervised tests, to be certain that the guest has done it and not got someone else to do it for them!

51 minutes ago, Clodia said:

I live near you and the same thing happened to me yesterday; some little girl phoned and told me with great smug satisfaction that I would "just have to go elsewhere!". She refused to give a reason, so I complained to Head Office who were very apologetic and explained that they don't have any tests or trained staff at the moment. Superdrug do PCR tests which can be taken up to 3 days before with a next morning result and certificate by email or phone. More expensive though, but Durham have given me an appointment for 2 days prior to sailing. I've also ordered a backup online one just in case they cancel too!

Hi Clodia really disappointed with Lloyds pharmacy have booked tests with another branch in Darlington but not feeling confident at all, we’re absolutely not tec savvy and this option seemed to be the best choice for us to test before the drive down to Southampton just don’t feel confident with the online tests that are available!

• Like 1

Have done a Randox test run. Very easy and result in 15 minutes. Lloyd's chemists need to stop offering test they cannot do. Surely they do not need their own tests and "qualified clinician"  - you could do it yourself with an NHS test kit supervised by a member of staff who checks results and issue certificate. This process could be far easier and less stressful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clodia said:

Unfortunately the line I'm going with (not P and O this time) won't accept Randox because they only accept zoom supervised tests, to be certain that the guest has done it and not got someone else to do it for them!

Good point but this is a P&O related thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clodia said:

Yes but I cruise with P and O a lot . I was just trying to be helpful..

You were helpful ,we need to know which companies are good and which are bad ,

but we need to be careful we do not mix other cruise line protocols up with what 

P&O require. The one you use at Durham could turn out to be a helpful  company

for the P&O users .Please let us know how you get on using them .:classic_smile:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kalos said:

You were helpful ,we need to know which companies are good and which are bad ,

but we need to be careful we do not mix other cruise line protocols up with what 

P&O require. The one you use at Durham could turn out to be a helpful  company

for the P&O users .Please let us know how you get on using them .:classic_smile:

Thanks; I certainly will, as they'll be good for my next P and O cruise if they come through.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Update on Randox PCR for those who need a PCR test (P&O require it for under 11 unvaccinated).

As stated before, the sample was posted using the enclosed envelope with the prepaid 24 delivery label attached on Monday at midday and email with certificate attached arrived at 8pm on Tuesday. 
This gives time for me to print it out but of course email could be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We did our Randox tests this morning, both negative my certificate came through within minutes, Mrs YP's took 10 minutes. All very straightforward and civilised. 

We have just completed the Randox test and the certificates came through in 3 minutes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Really fed up now with Lloyds pharmacy, they’ve just cancelled another 2 bookings

I've had two appointments booked at Lloyds for some time now BUT following the adverse comments here I have ordered two Randox LFTs and will use those instead.

Installing the Randox app and registering couldn't have been easier and the test kits were delivered within two days.

Total cost of two Lloyds tests - £59.98. Total cost of two Randox tests - £24.

Bit of a no-brainer really but I haven't cancelled the Lloyds tests yet and will use them as a backup if the Randox tests fail for some reason - that is if the Lloyds tests haven't already been cancelled!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I've had two appointments booked at Lloyds for some time now BUT following the adverse comments here I have ordered two Randox LFTs and will use those instead.

Installing the Randox app and registering couldn't have been easier and the test kits were delivered within two days.

Total cost of two Lloyds tests - £59.98. Total cost of two Randox tests - £24.

Bit of a no-brainer really but I haven't cancelled the Lloyds tests yet and will use them as a backup if the Randox tests fail for some reason - that is if the Lloyds tests haven't already been cancelled!!

We really have to look at other options but we’re not tec savvy at all and doing it online terrifies me I thought going into a branch then getting your results on paper would be our best option but obviously not, 

Hi - I think there are other on-line options that don't rely on an app.  I won't be using Randox as I don't use a smartphone, but there are options I believe where you can email the results as long as you can take a photo - I use my slr camera and download the image.  If you can log on to this forum then the non app options should be just as easy?  I too have booked Lloyds but our cruise isn't until October and I may book with another company just in case - there are too many messages on here about cancellations and I have lost confidence in the pharmacy.  We do have a back up of an LFT that we didn't use last year and I may buy another just to be on the safe side.  

• Like 1

As seen on the P&O site ,

Here is a few handy links to help you such as ..

Prenetics: www.projectscreen.co.uk     https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/

Collinsons: www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing 

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing

Randox: www.covid.randox.com    https://covid.randox.com/

Express Test: https://www.expresstest.co.uk/book-a-test/

Also Dam Health (in person  or online)     https://dam-health.com/southampton/

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

As seen on the P&O site ,

Here is a few handy links to help you such as ..

Prenetics: www.projectscreen.co.uk     https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/

Collinsons: www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing 

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing

Randox: www.covid.randox.com    https://covid.randox.com/

Express Test: https://www.expresstest.co.uk/book-a-test/

Also Dam Health (in person  or online)     https://dam-health.com/southampton/

Thank you Kalos that will keep me busy this afternoon 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

We do have a back up of an LFT that we didn't use last year and I may buy another just to be on the safe side.  

Just be sure they are not the NHS one's that many people sent away for - they are not acceptable for this P&O requirement. Even if the unused one that you have is an acceptable one, check the use-by date on it.

(Just trying to cover all aspects for you).

Hi - yes it is a paid for one not a free one so not NHS and use by date is next year.  I have also checked with the company I bought it from (the rules changed after we had purchased and we needed a PCR test on return instead and isolate until we go the results) and they have confirmed it is still valid.  Still hoping that the rules will have changed by October, though there are comments on this thread that implies this is unlikely!

Hi all, have just managed to speak to someone at Lloyds pharmacy, they’ve cancelled 6 appointments I made for covid tests, I couldn’t understand that when I looked on the website the appointments were still available and could book them again, The person at Lloyds pharmacy has confirmed they don’t have the equipment or staff to be able to do these tests and the website shouldn’t let you book these appointments, so anyone who has appointments with this pharmacy please re check they are still available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our previous test at Lloyds went without hitch but today no. We had seen the pharmacist personally and she confirmed the appointment and that she had the stock in. Went today and a locum   was there. They could not access the computer system and therefore no test. However they were very helpful and rang around and arranged the test at another local Lloyds Pharmacy.