P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I bought 2 Randox tests and a Boots one just in case. The first Randox test worked OK so i wonder if i can use the other in november?

If it is still before its expiry date and you still have the purchase order number to insert into

the App I see no reason why not . 

Found this recent film that could help others in what to expect ...

Edited by kalos
Add film to post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I bought 2 Randox tests and a Boots one just in case. The first Randox test worked OK so i wonder if i can use the other in november?

Good idea, I have a Randox and a Prenetics one just in case! They have long sell by dates.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Our first LFT last year was void - we weren't doing it to travel fortunately.  Since then we have done several more and they have been fine, so we obviously did something wrong the first time.  I'm going to practice again before our cruise as we haven't done one for a while.  I still have some of the free NHS ones left to practice on!

I just tried to do the same, but found that the testing fluid in one of the little twist neck fasteners had virtually disappeared. I hope it was a just a faulty one rather than a general problem.

On 6/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Fionboard said:

Surprised Lloyd's has not been on Watchdog or Rip Off Britain considering the amount of people they have let down!

Not as surprised as me.  My wife and I just got emails from Lloyd's reminding us of our appointments tomorrow!!!

Due to all the adverse reports about Lloyd's I had ordered Randox kits for both of us and if either of the Randox kits fail for some reason, early tomorrow morning, we've still got time to go to Lloyds, or we can cancel them if necessary.

3 hours ago, Pine Man said:

Not as surprised as me.  My wife and I just got emails from Lloyd's reminding us of our appointments tomorrow!!!

Due to all the adverse reports about Lloyd's I had ordered Randox kits for both of us and if either of the Randox kits fail for some reason, early tomorrow morning, we've still got time to go to Lloyds, or we can cancel them if necessary.

Good idea!

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

Randox testing was a breeze this morning with the results in 30 minutes, thoroughly recommended AND cheap!

It was easy and as you say results back quickly. You are always wary about using something new. We have been sent Chronomics test kits for our upcoming Ambassador cruise but the system looks very much the same as Randox but online as opposed to the app, plus Ambassador pay for the kits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pine Man said:

Randox testing was a breeze this morning with the results in 30 minutes, thoroughly recommended AND cheap!

I agree, very happy with how our testing went, and fit to fly certificates now printed along with all the other paraphernalia we now need. 

Maybe we will run into you on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for those who are on Iona  ..

G220 25/6  , G221 02/7 ,G222 09/7,G223 16/07, G224 23,/07

Will have removal of tests on the above dates , no tests required .

Emails are being sent to anyone booked or booking these dates from P&O.

This only applies to this ship so no LFT's are required .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

kalos p-l-b 
? No test at all required before embarkation ? 

@dunnster1965 was posting a thread about same time as me and has put the 

e-mail up that gives all the info that has been released by P&O.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Got it - thanks 

On G221 on July 2nd - I think I would currently prefer that everyone is tested before they board. I know it adds to cost & stress levels (we went to the Caribbean in January with P&O when we were only sure of going after we'd tested negative at the airport) but as has already been evidenced things can spread quickly on cruise ships. We'll test anyway the day before boarding.

• Like 2

Just cancelled my Dam booking, lost £20 but back to why we booked it for ease. Test twice weekly for work anyway so not concerned re our self screening process but one less thing to stress about from a formality perspective.

• Like 1

I recently ordered lFT from Randox, and collected them up locally, but I can’t find the unique ref number. It says it is found within your covid-19 sample collection kit on pre-printed labels.  There is definitely nothing in my box, or the box I ordered for a friend who is travelling with me… any ideas please anyone ?. 

7 minutes ago, Callyanna said:

I recently ordered lFT from Randox, and collected them up locally, but I can’t find the unique ref number. It says it is found within your covid-19 sample collection kit on pre-printed labels.  There is definitely nothing in my box, or the box I ordered for a friend who is travelling with me… any ideas please anyone ?. 

Looking at the frequently asked questions on the randox page i think its the order number thats starts with #

44 minutes ago, Callyanna said:

Nor mine - I've just checked. They arrived today. Thanks kalos for the video, but mine don't look like that.

Edit - I believe it's the QR code that's printed on the individual white lateral flow device (which is currently sealed inside packaging).

Edited by tesni
to add more info
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies all, I have watched the recent video Kalos posted, and 

that was very helpful. That did seem to just require the order number that wiseyowl suggested …just don’t want things to go wrong 24hours before sailing, I may book a test for later in the day as a back up…just in case…😏 Technology is not my strong point.

Yes it is the number beginning with a # on the email Randox sent you, this is your order number. The Certifly app is easy to use and it even uses your smartphone camera to take the photos of the test it needs.

• Thanks 1