P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

4 hours ago, Waju said:

I think someone has mentioned this before, could P&O not say that they may select people at the terminal to do a random LFT?  This would hopefully deter anyone who may be tempted to 'cheat' the system.

I thought I had replied to this but it’s not showing. Random tests would add a level of stress that the latest policy revision aims to avoid. At least people will now know the day before whether they are OK to board, rather than travel to Southampton to be denied boarding. Do keep in mind that people could legitimately test negative the day before the cruise but then test positive the day after. A line has to be drawn somewhere. The only way to completely avoid any risk of exposure is to stay at home and certainly not to cruise. We have always known that cruise ships are the riskiest forms of holiday when it comes to viruses and nothing is likely to change in that regard. 

• Like 3

I ordered the ones from Randox and couldn’t be bother to get the car out to go and collect them so opted to pay £1 more so £2 in total, ordered them midweek, got an email to say they would be delivered Saturday and the postman delivered them Saturday whilst I was at work.

No hassle or stress so far and hoping no issues when we do the test in 2 weeks time.

As anyone used Medicspot as they are doing observed tests for £19.99 including bank holidays as our next cruise leaves 04/06 

Edited by Stokie33
Predictive text
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

As anyone used Medicspot as they are doing observed tests for £19.99 including bank holidays as our next cruise leaves 04/06 

Just checked the site out ,the observed is by video link at pre arranged time ,then you have to send off for certificate . I just read a review ... 

“Seamless service and I would highly recommend it. Dropped my test off at 11.30am, results and fit to fly certificate back the next day at 4.30pm. Thank you Medicspot.”
stars.svgby Grace

That to me would be pushing it a bit given the P&O time limits and expected boarding times of the cruise ship .

Edited by kalos

2 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Thank you very much for humouring me, Mad4WDW!

This is very reassuring and looks much easier than the company you have to download an app for, with pages and pages of YouTube instruction videos to absorb!

Much appreciated.

No problem hope i’ve helped! i’ve realised i’ve started to sound a bit like a boots salesman 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, awmartin said:

Hello , we are booked on Azura in June but flying out 3 days before, it looks like I will be able to use the Boots test to take with us then test out there. Do you think  P&O will accept the downloaded certificate as you say or do they require a printed paper version ?

Thanks.

You can use a printed paper version of the certificate or show it on your phone they will accept either, honestly it’s  not a problem no need to worry both are ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

You can use a printed paper version of the certificate or show it on your phone they will accept either, honestly it’s  not a problem no need to worry both are ok

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

That to me would be pushing it a bit given the P&O time limits and expected boarding times of the cruise ship .

I’m thinking that was a PCR as it was dropped off this is done via zoom, it says result in 20 mins, certificate in 3 hours.

we are struggling to do a test as hubby is working, i don’t know if I’m working yet plus got to sort MIL and her boyfriend out who live 20 miles away all on a bank holiday 😂

7 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

I’m thinking that was a PCR as it was dropped off this is done via zoom, it says result in 20 mins, certificate in 3 hours.

we are struggling to do a test as hubby is working, i don’t know if I’m working yet plus got to sort MIL and her boyfriend out who live 20 miles away all on a bank holiday 😂

Hope all goes to plan for you :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Me too Kalos, still trying to work out what to do for the best, the reviews are very mixed so not sure, sometimes one of us as to take the leap of faith to help others on here, it’s just awkward as whatever we do we will need to go and get the MIL and take her back which adds to the time taken, but if want to cruise it’s something we have to do 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stokie33 said:

Me too Kalos, still trying to work out what to do for the best, the reviews are very mixed so not sure, sometimes one of us as to take the leap of faith to help others on here, it’s just awkward as whatever we do we will need to go and get the MIL and take her back which adds to the time taken, but if want to cruise it’s something we have to do 

Maybe fire an e-mail off to customer services at P&O and ask if they have a customer 

back up service which falls on a Bank Holiday for you . Can you imagine if these rules were 

in practice today ? Trying to get a test on a Easter Sunday for Britannia  cruise which 

is tomorrow , a Bank Holiday as well :classic_ohmy: ... That is problems waiting to happen .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Do you know which is correct then?- sorry I have read this thread but am getting more confused!

I believe it is the 'day before' one and I will be testing on Friday morning before I leave for Southampton and my Saturday cruise. I also have a Lloyds in store test with certificate booked for Friday morning. and might for a plan C buy another self test to do in the hotel Friday night. There will be several cruise departure before mine so I should have time to amend the plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

How did you get on filling out the PLF form for Malta? We fly out next week to join Azura.

It’s super easy to fill out, took about 10 minutes, have your vaccination certificate downloaded from the NHS app as you have to upload the Proof of vaccination to the EU PLF website form you’re filling out

4 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

It’s super easy to fill out, took about 10 minutes, have your vaccination certificate downloaded from the NHS app as you have to upload the Proof of vaccination to the EU PLF website form you’re filling out

I don't have the NHS app, my covid passes are paper versions issued by the NHS.

14 hours ago, davecttr said:

I believe it is the 'day before' one and I will be testing on Friday morning before I leave for Southampton and my Saturday cruise. I also have a Lloyds in store test with certificate booked for Friday morning. and might for a plan C buy another self test to do in the hotel Friday night. There will be several cruise departure before mine so I should have time to amend the plan.

Don't forget your passport for the loyds pharmacy, you will need proof of who you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi, 

You can’t go then, I’ll give you £100 for your cruise if you throw in the unused test kits 🤪

Or you could maybe scan the paper version on your smartphone and upload that and just take the original with you as well. I like the first option best 😂👍🚢

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi - if it's similar system to Croatia then you just tick no where they ask for proof and you will need to take your paper copy with you.  It just means you will take longer to get through passport control as you will need to show your paper copy, whereas those who can upload can skip that bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi, 

You can’t go then, I’ll give you £100 for your cruise if you throw in the unused test kits 🤪

Or you could maybe scan the paper version on your smartphone and upload that and just take the original with you as well. I like the first option best 😂👍🚢

I am going! I will wave to you as we arrive,😂 as if you are going this week you will be on board or heading home next week - depending on wether you are sailing for 1 or 2 weeks 🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - if it's similar system to Croatia then you just tick no where they ask for proof and you will need to take your paper copy with you.  It just means you will take longer to get through passport control as you will need to show your paper copy, whereas those who can upload can skip that bit.

Checking P&Os A-Z desintation guide it says we don't need one to enter Croatia😕

19 hours ago, davecttr said:

I sent off an e-mail asking about the "day before " and who is accepted to do the test .

PO GuestSupport <po.guestsupport@carnivalukgroup.com>
To KALOS
Mon, 18 Apr at 15:11

Dear Kalos

Thank you for your email.

All guests travelling on a cruise departing from 29th April 2022 must organise and pay for a private antigen test, showing a negative result, to be taken one day prior to embarkation of the ship.

This is the same as a lateral flow test which can be ordered online through any government approved testing provider in advance and then taken at home one day prior to embarkation of the ship. This doesn’t need to be an observed test. Guests will need to submit their negative result to their chosen testing provider and will then be sent a fit to travel certificate within a couple of hours. Please note, NHS tests will not be accepted.

To help, we’ve listed a few suppliers below (subject to availability).

Prenetics: www.projectscreen.co.uk
Collinsons: www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing
Randox: covid.randox.com
Express Test: www.expresstest.co.uk/book-a-test/

Alternatively, guests can book an in-person test if they wish. Guests will need to present their negative fit to travel certificate at the ship’s terminal.

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry 

Kind regards,
Stephanie

Guest Support Representative
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, Waju said:

Thank you Kalos you beat me to it - if you choose click and collect you just enter your postcode and it gives you a choice of nearby shops (well it did in my area) to collect the tests from.  So you pay online and then print off a barcode or show it on your phone to the shop and they hand over your tests.

Nearest collect point to me was 15 miles away…cheaper to have it posted than the fuel to drive to collect it! 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mysticalmother said:

Nearest collect point to me was 15 miles away…cheaper to have it posted than the fuel to drive to collect it! 😄

That's a shame, I'm guessing you're quite rural?  I had a choice of half a dozen within a five minute drive!