No Tables for 8 in Specialty Restaurants

LewiLewi

I was told yesterday by a customer service representative at Regent, that I cannot make reservations in the Specialty Restaurants for a table of eight. We are a family of 8 traveling together, celebrating special birthdays and anniversaries on this cruise. She suggested that my TA call Regent directly and talk to “someone in charge” about this situation. 
We have never had this happen on any other cruise line. 

9 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

I was told yesterday by a customer service representative at Regent, that I cannot make reservations in the Specialty Restaurants for a table of eight. We are a family of 8 traveling together, celebrating special birthdays and anniversaries on this cruise. She suggested that my TA call Regent directly and talk to “someone in charge” about this situation. 
We have never had this happen on any other cruise line. 

Well, you have to bear in mind that these are smaller ships than some lines and the specialty restaurants have somewhat limited space.  Shouldn't be an issue in Compass Rose but I don't know that the specialty restaurants have seating for eight.  I know there's a direct email address to contact specific departments on specific ships but I don't know what it is off the top of my head - perhaps someone can chime in?  It may not be physically possible to seat eight in the smaller restaurants, but I'm sure if it's possible there's someone on board you could speak with to arrange it.

7 minutes ago, Timeflies said:

We regularly had a table for eight on Mariner back in 2019 in the specialty restaurant Signatures, often booked on the day via the Maitre D'.

Same...were were always accommodated...even up to 10.

Has the time opened for you to make dinner reservations? Have you actually tried to make a reservation for a table for 8 in the reservation on line system? You need the booking info for all cruisers. I Know you can reserve tables for 6 on line. I know there is at least one big table in the speciality restaurants we have been in. The spaces are small and it looks like the tables may not be movable, but I think the the large table could seat 8. Get your TA involved…. They should be able to talk to the right person. Or maybe someone will come up with the email address here. Regardless you probably will not be able to made a reservation until the reservations open for your cruise. In the Compass Rose there are a number of large tables available so it will easy to sit together.

1 hour ago, Timeflies said:

We regularly had a table for eight on Mariner back in 2019 in the specialty restaurant Signatures, often booked on the day via the Maitre D'.

Many times the large table was empty all night when we were in one of the speciality restaurants. 

Were you able to arrange for tables of eight in the Specialty  Restaurants prior to boarding? We are Concierge and are able to make reservations 90 days prior to boarding; we hope they will allow us to do this for our family of eight.