Afraid of Quarantaine/Isolation in OV or inside - consider cancelling ?

odysee

On 4/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, tinaincc said:

This is absurd. Thanks for sharing. I will be sure to bring my medicine cabinet on my next trip.

This is total nonsense.  We sailed on Edge In March and Apex last week and bought allergy medicine both times on board and didnt have an issue. This guy must have been showing obvious signs of illness, he wasn't directed to test just because he bought medicine.

• Thanks 1

And it appears on our upcoming May 3rd cruise on the Millenium, quarantine will now be on deck 2, not deck 3. Two deck 2 passengers have reported just being moved to deck 3 to have “medical passengers” isolated to deck 2 if required.  This is certainly sinking in the wrong direction.  For those of us that choose to cruise, please be vigilant. We owe it to ourselves, our fellow passengers and our hard earned vacation.  We cannot control everything but let’s control what we can.  We are all done with Covid but it is far from done with us.  

8 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I also concur, this is not a measured response at this stage of the pandemic with the development of vaccines, boosters, a milder illness much reduced hospital admissions and deaths and anti viral drugs.

I guess you all know so much more than anyone associated with making the decisions that are there to protect everyone, including physicians, the CDC, the insurance companies you want to cover every eventuality...  With such superlative knowledge, you should have all the factors that must be considered laid at your feet and then you make the decisions...and let's see, to make it interesting, let the consequences come out of your own pockets. Then tell us how absurd and ridiculous you think it all is.

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I guess you all know so much more than anyone associated with making the decisions that are there to protect everyone, including physicians, the CDC, the insurance companies you want to cover every eventuality...  With such superlative knowledge, you should have all the factors that must be considered laid at your feet and then you make the decisions...and let's see, to make it interesting, let the consequences come out of your own pockets. Then tell us how absurd and ridiculous you think it all is.

The CDC dropped the covid risk advisory for cruise ships over a month ago.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

They still rate the ships based on their protocols and the number of positive cases on board for cases for the public's knowledge. It's a voluntary program.  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Lets not pretend this is not tapering off. Numbers are down, hospitalizations are down, countries around the globe are dropping requirements left and right,  mask mandates are getting eliminated. This is not ramping up like some people on these boards want you to believe. We have had 3 cruises in the past 2 months and absolutely zero issues and 99% of people didn't wear a mask ever.

Edited by XuGator
  • Like 4

We have cruised three times this year and all has been fine.  But after reading JetBlue's thread, I am concerned about our fall New England cruise.  Honestly, if Celebrity can not let us quarantine in a cabin with a balcony, I am not sure I can be comfortable cruising.  I understand the idea if a person is so sick and needs medical attention to keep them close, but to keep someone who had a slight fever and a cough for days on end in a room with no access to outside seems punishing.  How can we expect people to report their illness if this is the treatment to expect?

• Like 12

12 hours ago, canderson said:

The various lines have taken more and less customer-friendly approaches to dealing with quarantine.  Some would prefer to sail on lines with protocols on the 'more' side.

Personally I have no problems wearing a mask indoors. Wish it was mandatory in all enclosed situations where its impossible to maintain distance. Cruise lines are now at near capacity and here in the northern hemisphere that could mean 1000s of people confined indoors if the weather is bad 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Personally I have no problems wearing a mask indoors. Wish it was mandatory in all enclosed situations where its impossible to maintain distance. Cruise lines are now at near capacity and here in the northern hemisphere that could mean 1000s of people confined indoors if the weather is bad 

Totally agree. I think that if Celebrity have this stringent isolation rule, then they have an obligation to do what they can by keeping us safe. Not wearing masks is not keeping us safe.

Again, I'm not too worried about catching it but also don't mind wearing a mask. If nobody else does, then it doesn't really protect you that much.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

They still rate the ships based on their protocols and the number of positive cases on board for cases for the public's knowledge. It's a voluntary program.  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Totally irrelevant, that’s for ships operating in US waters. The ships currently being  discussed are transatlantic crossings or in the Mediterranean. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bunzini said:

We have cruised three times this year and all has been fine.  But after reading JetBlue's thread, I am concerned about our fall New England cruise.  Honestly, if Celebrity can not let us quarantine in a cabin with a balcony, I am not sure I can be comfortable cruising.  I understand the idea if a person is so sick and needs medical attention to keep them close, but to keep someone who had a slight fever and a cough for days on end in a room with no access to outside seems punishing.  How can we expect people to report their illness if this is the treatment to expect?

Same here - also considering cancelling the Celebrity NE/Canada cruise in September and instead booking a similar itinerary with TUI Cruises which, so far, uses balcony cabins for quarantining passengers and crew.

Recently came off a Viking Ocean transatlantic cruise where we unfortunately had to spend 10 days in quarantine after testing positive on embarkation day. Their ships only have balcony cabins and the quarantine area is on deck 3. We were particularly lucky and were given two neighbouring cabins where we could open up the balcony divider. We were treated very well, but 10 (or even 5) days is a really long time to be restricted to a cabin, so OV is out of the question for us.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

?

I referred to quarantine protocols ... nothing to do with masks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bunzini said:

I agree with you that if I had to be quarantined indoors  I would be unhappy. However, I am willing to take that risk, knowing it is a risk. Asking for a guarantee in case I were to test positive is unreasonable, and I know it is unreasonable and not workable in any number of scenarios. I accepted this when I signed the contract for the cruise. If you have a cruise scheduled...so did you.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, XuGator said:

This is total nonsense.  We sailed on Edge In March and Apex last week and bought allergy medicine both times on board and didnt have an issue. This guy must have been showing obvious signs of illness, he wasn't directed to test just because he bought medicine.

Each ship is doing their own thing apparently

9 hours ago, Berlin Bear said:

Same here - also considering cancelling the Celebrity NE/Canada cruise in September and instead booking a similar itinerary with TUI Cruises which, so far, uses balcony cabins for quarantining passengers and crew.

Recently came off a Viking Ocean transatlantic cruise where we unfortunately had to spend 10 days in quarantine after testing positive on embarkation day. Their ships only have balcony cabins and the quarantine area is on deck 3. We were particularly lucky and were given two neighbouring cabins where we could open up the balcony divider. We were treated very well, but 10 (or even 5) days is a really long time to be restricted to a cabin, so OV is out of the question for us.

This sounds like a good solution. Why did you get 2 cabins? Could you order food off the dining room menu or were you stuck with a limited menu etc?

5 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

This sounds like a good solution. Why did you get 2 cabins? Could you order food off the dining room menu or were you stuck with a limited menu etc?

We got 2 cabins because I simply asked whether it would be possible. And it was.  And I was very grateful during  the first few days as I felt a bit rough and wanted to sleep all the time. My husband just had a slight cough.

Every morning they brought the lunch and dinner menus from the restaurant and we ordered whatever we wanted from these. Never had a problem getting through to room service and food was delivered in 20-30 minutes. In contrast to Celebrity, food was served on proper plates. We even ordered afternoon tea every day 🙂

Apart from that, medical services visited every day - sometimes twice - and guest services called every day to hear if we needed anything. But I still wouldn’t like to be quarantined again and I just can’t imagine doing it without a balcony!

• Like 1