Wine

plank

17 minutes ago, George C said:

We always bring on two bottles and the corkage fee is 25 , we like bringing on better wines like caymus, Silverado or Stags leap.

How do you deal with sediment and decanting on older reds?  Fortunately, we tend to take longish cruises, so somewhere towards the end, they've usually settled out again.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

How do you deal with sediment and decanting on older reds?  Fortunately, we tend to take longish cruises, so somewhere towards the end, they've usually settled out again.

These wines aren’t that old and very little if any sediment , we also never decant our wines . I have friends that will open some much older wines , wines I buy I had recently purchased at a liquor store.

One thing we found some years ago is that there are a very few aboard who are actually capable of properly decanting a wine that really needs it, and they have always been very good about doing it for us at the table.  They'd always haul out the nice stemware from the specialty restaurant for us for the occasion, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

One thing we found some years ago is that there are a very few aboard who are actually capable of properly decanting a wine that really needs it, and they have always been very good about doing it for us at the table.  They'd always haul out the nice stemware from the specialty restaurant for us for the occasion, too. 

Agree on stemware , we have been offered decanting in the past , we only eat in Luminae or specialty restaurants. I mentioned this before but only time we were not charged corkage the sommelier was very interested in our wine and asked if he could taste it  and we were not charged😁

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, George C said:

We always bring on two bottles and the corkage fee is 25 , we like bringing on better wines like caymus, Silverado or Stags leap.

George, I really must meet you before (or during) our Summit R & R cruise next year!! I like the way you think, and I especially love your wine choices!

Edited by DingoMom

On 4/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, George C said:

@George C you are my kind of people. I am a Chard  lover and bring Cakebread or Cuvaison. Can’t get those on board.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, upwarduk said:

Pointless struggling to carry it now that most bookings are AI.

We bring a good quality wine box for using in the cabin doesnt weigh as much as bottles and some are 5 litre !!