Good Price for Beverage Package

I still don't think I'm going to buy the DBP, but I have been checking for our Oct. 2nd  Voyager CAN/NE cruise in case there are some real deals.  It had been sitting at $62pp/day, but with today's "sale", it's buy-one-get-one 50% off!  Except that they jackep up the base price, making it $70/pp/day after the discount.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dcgrumpy said:

Yesterday I would have said anything under $60. Today it's anything under $70 🙄

For my Liberty OTS cruise in June, it had been going between $56 and $60 but jumped to $67 over night.  I had the $56 deal sitting in my cart and it let me purchase it.  I wonder if they will cancel it at some point.  

At $67/day, the break even jumps to 7 drinks instead of 5 so its a significant increase.  That is unless they increased the cost of drinks on board.  

Edited by Liljo22

13 minutes ago, baelor said:

Our August sailing price went from 66 to 73.  This is our first time sailing, and one of us has gotten cold feet about the new price.  Is a drop possible/likely? 

Not looking like it at the moment. bookings are running hot right now and they are probably not having any problem getting their add ons sold. Hoping this is not the new normal in pricing, but afraid it might be. I think Carnival and NCL's prices for drink packages are also going up. 

17 minutes ago, baelor said:

Our August sailing price went from 66 to 73.  This is our first time sailing, and one of us has gotten cold feet about the new price.  Is a drop possible/likely? 

I doubt it.  Jump on the price!  You can also cancel and rebook if it does happen to go down.

19 minutes ago, Ralphinsc said:

Not looking like it at the moment. bookings are running hot right now and they are probably not having any problem getting their add ons sold. Hoping this is not the new normal in pricing, but afraid it might be. I think Carnival and NCL's prices for drink packages are also going up. 

NCL is still at $99/day but no one pays that price.  They only pay $19.80/day for the gratuities.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest prices may be a deal breaker in the future for me. I bought it awhile ago for the Allure in May but it was at $50. Now with the new C&A vouchers I might just wing it on the next cruise and see what my final cost is. The only problem I see is we drink a ton of bottled water so we might have to at least do a water package.

7 minutes ago, Big_G said:

The latest prices may be a deal breaker in the future for me. I bought it awhile ago for the Allure in May but it was at $50. Now with the new C&A vouchers I might just wing it on the next cruise and see what my final cost is. The only problem I see is we drink a ton of bottled water so we might have to at least do a water package.

Agreed.  I was holding out hope that my cruise was going to go down to $50 with a Good Friday deal or something like that but it was still at $56.  Pushing it to $67 makes it work less for us.  5 drink break even is easy for us but at 7 I would rather take the chance that we stay under that amount. 

So I have hubby and I booked at 65.99ppp/day and now if I am reading this correctly the sale is 72.99/each but bogo50off. 

I don't want to cancel it and rebook it because if I'm wrong I will end up getting stuck paying more at 72.99 instead of the 65.99 we paid. It won't let me price it when one package is already reserved. 

Any help appreciated-new to RCCL.

17 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Agreed.  I was holding out hope that my cruise was going to go down to $50 with a Good Friday deal or something like that but it was still at $56.  Pushing it to $67 makes it work less for us.  5 drink break even is easy for us but at 7 I would rather take the chance that we stay under that amount. 

It depends on what you're drinking. Many specialty cocktails are $13. So break even is a little over 5. I figure I'll probably still get my money's worth at $73. We have 3 sea days plus Coco Cay. A few specialty cocktails, bottled water, specialty coffee, wine with dinner.... I'm just pissed at myself for not buying it when it was cheaper. 

Just now, flaminog said:

So I have hubby and I booked at 65.99ppp/day and now if I am reading this correctly the sale is 72.99/each but bogo50off. 

I don't want to cancel it and rebook it because if I'm wrong I will end up getting stuck paying more at 72.99 instead of the 65.99 we paid. It won't let me price it when one package is already reserved. 

Its not really BOGO. Its just rewording the previous deal.  The $72.99 is the price you will pay so you got it cheaper at the $65.99.  

1 minute ago, flaminog said:

$72.99 is the BOGO50 price, not the price before the discount. Do not cancel, you have the better price.

8 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Its not really BOGO. Its just rewording the previous deal.  The $72.99 is the price you will pay so you got it cheaper at the $65.99.  

Thank you, that's what I was afraid of. Glad I asked!

2 hours ago, baelor said:

Yes. You will most likely see $66 again. Not sure if it’ll go any lower than the $66.