Mini bar exchange

jinpasco

Next cruise we will  be elite ( not that it's such a big deal anymore ). I understand you can exchange the mini bar set up for beer. For those that have, is it done prior to embarkation or once on board ?  It would be nice to have a cold beer waiting in the fridge.😁 Thank you

Edited by jinpasco
Misspelled word

On embarking there will be 2 beers in your mini fridge. Take an unopened beer to any bar and they will exchange it for a colder one. You can only exchange like for like. After the 1st day the beers in the fridge will be very cold 

3 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

You can exchange for beer but not all brands.  From memory I believe it is DosXXX, MGD, and maybe a few other lower end brands.

It’s been my experience that what brand of beer they will exchange for varies & depends upon supply.

In addition to those brands have also received Heineken, Stella Artois & a couple of weeks ago on Discovery got Peroni. I request my preferred beer & usually will get it if they have sufficient inventory. 🍺

When on B2B cruises will call room service near the end of the first cruise to make my request for the next cruise to save them an extra trip to exchange the standard minibar.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

In the past you phoned room service to do the exchange of product. I don't know if this has changed or not but if you see your room steward they would be able to tell you. Enjoy your Cruise and your beer !

5 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

In the past you phoned room service to do the exchange of product. I don't know if this has changed or not but if you see your room steward they would be able to tell you. Enjoy your Cruise and your beer !

Room Service - not Stewart - for the swap.  We do all alcohol to beer and all non-alcohol to Perrier.

Would like to do half beer/Perrier and one coffee card, but, alas, not an option.

• Like 1

I'm new to the mini bar suite so please forgive me if this has already been answered. We will be sailing to Alaska this year and it is the first time we are in an Owners Suite. We paid for the drink package. My question is, and again forgive me if it has been answered, are the drinks in the mini fridge free to drink if I paid for the drink package or do I still have to pay for them if we drink any? Thank you in advance.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:18 AM, jinpasco said:

Next cruise we will  be elite ( not that it's such a big deal anymore ). I understand you can exchange the mini bar set up for beer. For those that have, is it done prior to embarkation or once on board ?  It would be nice to have a cold beer waiting in the fridge.😁 Thank you

Call room service once on board. The cabin steward does not handle exchanges.

If you have the Princess Plus package pre booked can I swap the DOS XXX left in the fridge for Peroni?

I waited five years since I reached Elite to get my fridge loaded! 

Edited by Esprit

2 hours ago, Peachestravels said:

I'm new to the mini bar suite so please forgive me if this has already been answered. We will be sailing to Alaska this year and it is the first time we are in an Owners Suite. We paid for the drink package. My question is, and again forgive me if it has been answered, are the drinks in the mini fridge free to drink if I paid for the drink package or do I still have to pay for them if we drink any? Thank you in advance.

The mini bar has nothing to do with the drink package.  It is only given those in a suite or are elite.  Since you are in a suite you will get the mini bar and it will be free. 

35 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

The mini bar has nothing to do with the drink package.  It is only given those in a suite or are elite.  Since you are in a suite you will get the mini bar and it will be free. 

You will get only one set up if your cruise is 6 days or longer. No mini bar for 5 days or less cruises. The mini bar is not refilled each day. If you order more mini bar items from room service you will be charged. Mini bar items are not part of the beverage package. You can order cocktails, beer, specialty coffees, anything included in the beverage package, delivered to your cabin at no additional charge.