Customer survey - is this e-mailed after a cruise?

First Regent cruise and we received a mid cruise questionnaire which said at end of cruise we would then receive a survey regarding ship, staff etc.   We disembarked on Friday and as yet haven’t received anything at all.  There are some staff we really would like to mention so I’m just wondering what way this works.  

By the way, do most people enjoy doing the survey on their last day aboard? Personally, I prefer not to waste part of a day of my vacation (to do it fairly, to praise those deserving and to offer constructive feedback where warranted, it cannot be tossed off in 5 minutes, after all) to do it. I would much rather do it at the airport when killing time before my flight home, or do it once home. 

But I may be in the minority in that regard. Would be interested in what others prefer on this topic. 

• Like 7

I view the "survey" as a marketing instrument and wouldn't do it EXCEPT it is a way to recognize on-board staff. So I do it when it's available near the end and breeze through it without a lot of thought except for the few questions where I can identify staff. "Constructive feedback" - I deliver personally to the GM's office during the cruise. I think that it's not available once you disembark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tudorcruisers said:

First Regent cruise and we received a mid cruise questionnaire which said at end of cruise we would then receive a survey regarding ship, staff etc.

Mid-cruise questionnaire is on paper and comments are normally dealt with immediately by on-board personnel.

End of cruise survey is on-line and can only be accessed before leaving the ship (details of how to log in to the survey are usually given in Passages a few days before the end of the cruise)

2 hours ago, Tudorcruisers said:

There are some staff we really would like to mention

I suggest you email your comments to Regent 

Regent use to do the end of the cruise similar to the mid cruise surrey. They changed to electronic a number of years ago. Mail your  general comments to Regent as Flossie says and reward the crew with your comments on the electronic surrey. The crew deserves that little effort from the passengers after how hard they have worked. Their promotions are based on passenger comments.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Worked on the survey for an hour a day the last three days. FYI doesn't work using cell phones but does work on tablets, laptops, and onboard computers. Suggest exiting and saving regularly. Not available after you disembark.

Also not available the morning of disembarkation, since they cut off your wifi account early in the morning.

• Like 1

We are on he Mariner now.  Mid cruise comments (paper) came a few days ago.  I submitted them last night at 8pm and all issues I had noted were dealt with by noon today.  So this just tells you how important it is to share your experience.  

Btw, the “issues” are minor.  And the crew have been so excellent!  The best we have experienced at sea.

I haven't been on Regent for over 2 plus years.  But the last cruise survey I attempted was online and it was difficult and time consuming to complete due to internet problems onboard.  Also, some of the questions had nonsensical answers.  For example, there was a question "how likely are you to cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises again?".  The choices to answer that question ranged from "excellent" to "poor". 

There were no questions about the onboard internet service on the form (the internet connection was pitiful frequently during the cruise).

If Regent really is serious about feedback, I would think they would make it easy for guests to give feedback whether onboard or back home after a cruise.

I'm curious if there are still questions with nonsensical responses on the survey?

6 hours ago, CruisetheCs said:

I haven't been on Regent for over 2 plus years.  But the last cruise survey I attempted was online and it was difficult and time consuming to complete due to internet problems onboard.  Also, some of the questions had nonsensical answers.  For example, there was a question "how likely are you to cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises again?".  The choices to answer that question ranged from "excellent" to "poor". 

There were no questions about the onboard internet service on the form (the internet connection was pitiful frequently during the cruise).

If Regent really is serious about feedback, I would think they would make it easy for guests to give feedback whether onboard or back home after a cruise.

I'm curious if there are still questions with nonsensical responses on the survey?

Yes that question is still there! Also how soon and where do you want to cruise.

Thank you for the replies. I shall contact Regent.  I wasn’t on iPad much at all as the Wi-Fi was so poor so I didn’t realise the end of cruise survey was online after receiving the paper one mid-week and it just mentioned at end of cruise we could comment on staff etc and then we didn’t receive anything.   

I still don't see why Regent can't provide passengers with a link that's valid for a week or three days or whatever for the end-of-cruise survey.  As others have said, I don't want to spend my last hours on board typing up comments on their pathetically slow internet.  

I mean, we still do the surveys to recognize outstanding crew members and to complain about the substandard internet speeds, but we could do that on the way home or once we're home.  It just seems absurd to me that they don't provide that option.

• Like 7