Please advise which inside stateroom you would recommend on the Regal

vm6514

I prefer the ones on deck 16, Lido deck, but biggest reason is I can find my first cup of coffee at 4am and if DW wakes up while I'm gone she knows she can find me in the horizon court with my coffee. But they really are nice cabins. 

• Like 3

@vm6514what do you prefer? Aft, Mid, Forward?

As @Moondogynotes Lido is close to food and the pools. We have a Lido mid-forward inside booked in November (first time...we usually book aft). I think it's a great location. We'll know soon.

One of the main things is to try to get a cabin with other cabins above & below. Hopefully, less extraneous noise that way.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

we prefer the ones that are sideways...those seem bigger based on the layout compared to the standard interior layout.  

We prefer those midship on lower decks which works best for my wife’s motion sickness tendency. We were in a Caribe midship location for 4 weeks on Sky & enjoyed it.

• Like 1

we prefer quiet, non-sideways cabins, so we tend to book deck 9-12 aft for inside cabins. Away from greyed out areas and service corridors. Anything far away from the noise from the dining rooms or the pool deck.

For balconies - anything in front of the smokestacks (I hate the smell and soot), and at least 2 decks above the theater and at least 2 decks below the pool deck. We actually love obstructed balconies on Emerald deck because they are usually cheaper than regular balconies, but not obstructed to the point of not actually seeing the ocean.

Oh, and make sure you don't book a connecting cabin. You have to check the cabin description or deck plan if you don't know.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

8 hours ago, vm6514 said:

Please advise which inside stateroom you would recommend on the Regal Princess,🎉thank you

Might depend for me on sector where cruising as might like to be on Riviera sideways oriented in the IB range just fwd of mid-ship.  Aft of center not a problem either.  I say that as often can get the IB's for same price as IF.  Otherwise, an IA isn't a lot more than a IB.

Also favor mid-ship Emerald E4xx range.  There are five in a row there (port & starboard) just fwd of mid-ship lobby.  I'd go for one of the six middle ones and pass on the end ones in the group.  Emerald is close to the main entertainment and service decks (5 thru 7).  We liked being there when I snagged an Emerald balcony across the hall back in 2019.  Handy for going anywhere but topside (Lido), including heading ashore. 

I do like the Sideways, but not so hot on door opening directly into the bedroom and end of bed.  Something to be said for the standard layout where you walk in and have closet and bath area before going around wall to the bed(s).  I am  fine with either layout and would decide more on the deck location we prefer for a particular voyage.  

16 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we prefer quiet, non-sideways cabins, so we tend to book deck 9-12 aft for inside cabins. Away from greyed out areas and service corridors. Anything far away from the noise from the dining rooms or the pool deck.

For balconies - anything in front of the smokestacks (I hate the smell and soot), and at least 2 decks above the theater and at least 2 decks below the pool deck. We actually love obstructed balconies on Emerald deck because they are usually cheaper than regular balconies, but not obstructed to the point of not actually seeing the ocean.

Oh, and make sure you don't book a connecting cabin. You have to check the cabin description or deck plan if you don't know.

I prefer quiet cabins also . Any stateroom numbers which worked good for you?

Thank you for your help

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Might depend for me on sector where cruising as might like to be on Riviera sideways oriented in the IB range just fwd of mid-ship.  Aft of center not a problem either.  I say that as often can get the IB's for same price as IF.  Otherwise, an IA isn't a lot more than a IB.

Also favor mid-ship Emerald E4xx range.  There are five in a row there (port & starboard) just fwd of mid-ship lobby.  I'd go for one of the six middle ones and pass on the end ones in the group.  Emerald is close to the main entertainment and service decks (5 thru 7).  We liked being there when I snagged an Emerald balcony across the hall back in 2019.  Handy for going anywhere but topside (Lido), including heading ashore. 

I do like the Sideways, but not so hot on door opening directly into the bedroom and end of bed.  Something to be said for the standard layout where you walk in and have closet and bath area before going around wall to the bed(s).  I am  fine with either layout and would decide more on the deck location we prefer for a particular voyage.  

First of all, I love that you're a Steelers fan. 

Any stateroom numbers which worked good for you?

Thank you for your help

1 hour ago, vm6514 said:

I prefer quiet cabins also . Any stateroom numbers which worked good for you?

Thank you for your help

Well, I chose C716 on Enchanted, but it's not connecting on her, while it appears to be a connecting cabin on Majestic and Regal. So, I'd pick something right next to it, but not connecting.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 hour ago, vm6514 said:

First of all, I love that you're a Steelers fan. 

Any stateroom numbers which worked good for you?

Thank you for your help

Nothing particular I would mention.  Looking forward to seeing what E4xx will be like. 

Something else - I use the Princess deck plans to avoid any cabin with higher occupancy than 2 as we don't want upper berths hanging on the walls.  Note that on some ships, the upper berths are recessed in the ceiling, so it isn't an issue.  Island and Coral are like that and I am not sure how many more of the older ships.  I know you are looking at Inside, but just note that all Balcony cabins with extra berths have them recessed into the ceiling, so NBD.

I also avoid corridors with a lot of cabins that take 3/4 people as it is an opportunity for more noise.  Again, the deck plans on Princess.com are useful to identify these areas. 

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nothing particular I would mention.  Looking forward to seeing what E4xx will be like. 

Something else - I use the Princess deck plans to avoid any cabin with higher occupancy than 2 as we don't want upper berths hanging on the walls.  Note that on some ships, the upper berths are recessed in the ceiling, so it isn't an issue.  Island and Coral are like that and I am not sure how many more of the older ships.  I know you are looking at Inside, but just note that all Balcony cabins with extra berths have them recessed into the ceiling, so NBD.

I also avoid corridors with a lot of cabins that take 3/4 people as it is an opportunity for more noise.  Again, the deck plans on Princess.com are useful to identify these areas. 

Thank you for all your help

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Well, I chose C716 on Enchanted, but it's not connecting on her, while it appears to be a connecting cabin on Majestic and Regal. So, I'd pick something right next to it, but not connecting.

Thank you will check out the deck plan

• Like 1

In March of this year on the Regal we stayed in an interior cabin (L215).  It is on the Aft portion of the Lido deck and as mentioned above it is very close to pools, pizza, bar, and hamburger/hot dog areas.  Cabin was huge and had so much space for storage.   We had spent the prior two weeks on the Caribbean Princess in a balcony on Lido deck which we prefer because of proximity to pools and eating areas.