Semi Live from Enchantment of the Seas 4/22-4/30/2022

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!""

death_star was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello everyone! Long time member, first time live threader here.

After seeing @Roguepersondo his live threads for a while now, I figured it was time to give it a go. My family of myself, DW, DD (almost 4) and DS (9 months) have booked this cruise to take advantage of the double points promotion and get the whole family to Diamond. Once the Double Points promotion was announced, I tried to come up with a combination to get from where I was just shy of Platinum to Diamond.

This will be my third post shutdown cruise with the first being solo on the Brilliance of the Seas on their restart 4 night cruise with rogue. We did a 3 night family test cruise at the end of Feb on the Freedom of the Seas to prove to my wife that we could actually survive on a cruise ship with 2 little kids. We had 2 cruises completed with DD before the shutdown happened so we are somewhat experienced cruise parents. That cruise was a good family trip so DW has given the go ahead to board this week.

We are booked in connecting 1V interiors with myself solo in one cabin and the other 3 in the other. This will be our first time in this kind of setup with us having Royal Up'ed to a JS on the Freedom cruise and the other family of 3 cruises in balconies. I have been really trying to pin down how big each room will be and figure out where everyone will go for the best sleep. More to come on that when we figure it out onboard. We also are trying to not go completely crazy with the packing since we will be driving just a half hour to the port but we do want to make sure we make the kids (and ourselves) as comfortable as we can.

For testing I booked DD a test at our local CVS and it was a smooth set up through the drive through. I received results already via text. I had done rapid antigen tests for my other cruises with CVS but could not find any appointments around. I have heard that they are dropping this offering. Having found this out, I ordered a 6 pack of tests from eMed and they arrived the next day. Took mine this morning with no issues whatsoever, so time to start packing!

I will try to write up when I can. It will be an interesting trip with probably being up at 6 and in the cabin by 8 with the kids. Planning on getting out at least a couple nights of the journey. I will add stuff I feel is useful for parents, as the information is not as widespread especially on these smaller ships for us. We feel there should be enough to keep our young ones entertained so I will definitely write about what we find out.

We have MTD as for some reason the family room could not get the 5:30 fixed dining. 

So long for now!

Death_star

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

How was check in?  The lines were long and slow (at least from 11 am to 12 noon) on the March 25th departure.

Is the MDR open for lunch today?  It was nice to have another option for our embarkation, besides WJ and Park Cafe.

😆 He's not there yet.  He sent me this a little while ago.  That was why i posted "he's late"  

Open photo

• Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

He's going to need a vacation after this trip.  😄

He was with me on Brilliance.  That trip happened because I told him "if you wanna go solo, I'll make time for ya".  The whole solo thing was for the double points, but at the same time, two kids under 4 is killer.  This year, I'm capped out, so we couldn't go with him on this one,  but we're both on Adventure in September.

Oh, he was also with me on Allure in 2019.

We just got off this morning.  We had 497 kids onboard and they are expecting over 300 for this sailing.  There were issues with the teenagers, including trying to steal and use an adult's seapass to buy drinks, climbing the fence at the water park at CC, sneaking friends into the DL and cleaning out the appetizers.  Just a lot of very rude behavior and parents who had no interest in parenting.  As Bobby said to us on the first leg of our b2b, some of these parents want to be 18 again and give up all responsibility for their kids. 

Otherwise we had a great 20 days onboard.  We were just careful where we hung out and made choices where we thought there would be less kids.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BND said:

We just got off this morning.  We had 497 kids onboard and they are expecting over 300 for this sailing.  There were issues with the teenagers, including trying to steal and use an adult's seapass to buy drinks, climbing the fence at the water park at CC, sneaking friends into the DL and cleaning out the appetizers.  Just a lot of very rude behavior and parents who had no interest in parenting.  As Bobby said to us on the first leg of our b2b, some of these parents want to be 18 again and give up all responsibility for their kids. 

Otherwise we had a great 20 days onboard.  We were just careful where we hung out and made choices where we thought there would be less kids.

Are you onboard for this leg?

10 minutes ago, BND said:

6 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Are you onboard for this leg?

1 hour ago, BND said:

On my last pre-Covid cruise (Feb 2020 on Grandeur), we had a group of un-supervised teenagers on board.  😞  Throwing ice cream cones overboard in Port Canaveral, climbing on the pool nets at night, etc.  Unfortunately, their action (and the parent's lack of parenting) creates a stereotype of all teenagers. 

On the March 25th sailing on Enchantment, the limited number of kids seemed to be well behaved.  🙂

Edited by Another_Critic

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

On my last pre-Covid cruise (Feb 2020 on Grandeur), we had a group of un-supervised teenagers on board.  😞  Throwing ice cream cones overboard in Port Canaveral, climbing on the pool nets at night, etc.  Unfortunately, their action (and the parent's lack of parenting) creates a stereotype of all teenagers. 

On the March 25th sailing on Enchantment, the limited number of kids seemed to be well behaved.  🙂

We also found out that one family got booted because of their teenagers behavior.  And, no, it wasn't all of them, but enough to be an issue.  This isn't our first spring break cruise and the sheet numbers are as much an issue as the lack of parenting.  EN (all Vision class) are not built for large number of bored kids.  The kids club can only handle about 150.  There were multiple groups on this trip.  You really had to be there and hear all the stories and witness it.  Several of us had these discussions at different meals.  There's always some who think that anyone who says anything hates kids.  Nope, don't at all but I do have issues with parents who give up their responsibility and then defend their kids behavior.  Anyway, my point was that EN isn't set up for large number of kids at all.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

I'm posting for @death_star 😄

No description available.

I'm collection the cruise ship models for every cruise that I've been.  I begin my collection after I traveled the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas Ship.  I'm looking for someone who is going to travel in this cruise to buy for me the cruise ship model.

Please write to me to john_00785@yahoo.com to get in contact on how we can do for the payment of the cruise model.

Thanks

2 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Following along as my parents are on this cruise 🙂

I'm collection the cruise ship models for every cruise that I've been.  I begin my collection after I traveled the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas Ship.  I'm looking for someone who is going to travel in this cruise to buy for me the cruise ship model.

Please write to me to john_00785@yahoo.com to get in contact on how we can do for the payment of the cruise model.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

How was check in?  The lines were long and slow (at least from 11 am to 12 noon) on the March 25th departure.

Is the MDR open for lunch today?  It was nice to have another option for our embarkation, besides WJ and Park Cafe.

I’m also on this ship. Our check in time was 11, but we ended up getting to the port about 20 minutes early. They let us through without an issue. This is my first cruise so I don’t have a frame of reference on how long lines could be. The whole process took us about 15 minutes. From check in, to walking onboard. 

MDR was not open for lunch. They had the Park Cafe open and then WJ open at 11:30. 

We have an ocean view on level 2 and our room was available at 1:30pm. Bags got there between 2:45-3:15. Now we’re just waiting for sail away! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone we did make it onboard getting here to the gate just over an hour from our window. No problem accommodating us. Long lines outside to get and throughout check in.  

Since we had little ones you can bypass the line and go all the way to the doors on the left in the building. We went in and got DD tested and sat in the waiting area. After getting the results security was closed and there wasn't much line left.

Here is my door to door time. The laptime is from front door to negative result receipt.Screenshot_20220422-141656_Clock.thumb.jpg.a6d64860d77486f5433c780e7ad28e87.jpg

Already registered the kids in AO. They said about 70 or so from 3-11 and 10 I think said for babies. 

In our cabins on 3 and there's a bit of a sewer smell. Most of our block is empty this sailing for the interiors so I'm guessing it's empty pipe traps.

One problem we've already run into is our frozen breast milk. It's been a long while since we've traveled with any and the last time with it they took it at Guest services and put in their freezer to keep it frozen. They won't do that here. They'll give us the glove box size medical coolers and ice. I guess I will try putting them in there with the addition of ice and hope everything stays frozen for the week. If anyone else has ideas DW would love them. 

13 minutes ago, death_star said:

Hi everyone we did make it onboard getting here to the gate just over an hour from our window. No problem accommodating us. Long lines outside to get and throughout check in.  

Since we had little ones you can bypass the line and go all the way to the doors on the left in the building. We went in and got DD tested and sat in the waiting area. After getting the results security was closed and there wasn't much line left.

Here is my door to door time. The laptime is from front door to negative result receipt.Screenshot_20220422-141656_Clock.thumb.jpg.a6d64860d77486f5433c780e7ad28e87.jpg

Already registered the kids in AO. They said about 70 or so from 3-11 and 10 I think said for babies. 

In our cabins on 3 and there's a bit of a sewer smell. Most of our block is empty this sailing for the interiors so I'm guessing it's empty pipe traps.

One problem we've already run into is our frozen breast milk. It's been a long while since we've traveled with any and the last time with it they took it at Guest services and put in their freezer to keep it frozen. They won't do that here. They'll give us the glove box size medical coolers and ice. I guess I will try putting them in there with the addition of ice and hope everything stays frozen for the week. If anyone else has ideas DW would love them. 

That's pretty accurate for the Royal Tots.  They told me 9 when you asked me to check up there in March.

30 minutes ago, lexmarkpr said:

Please don't forget to verify the cruise ship model.  Thanks

Will check when the shops open. Interesting enough the model outside the Windjammer is the jewel of the seas. No idea why. 

• Like 1