Results with iHealth testing - it works fine and test results look just like any other lab

LeeW

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

By the way, the checkin folks in Miami had no problems with this test - it looks identical to all the ones we have had done in regular labs for the last seven cruises and foreign flights.

Good to know you had no issues when checking in!  Thanks for all you reported.

• Like 1

Thanks, @LeeW and everyone else who contributed to this thread. I’ll have to check the expiration on our govt. issued iHealth tests for the expiration date. As long as the expiration dates are good we will plan to use them for our next cruise. Certainly sounds easy enough. Thanks for the detailed explanation LeeW! 😎

On 4/21/2022 at 12:35 PM, reallyitsmema said:

It is my understanding that any of the iHealth tests can be proctored, even those that can be purchased OTC.  You just have to buy the proctor session.  

Our IHealth test experience. Mine went fine. I went to the link to join a proctor about 10 minutes before my appointment. Completed the test and received the email with results. 

My husband's did not go as well. There is however, no problem using the second test kit that comes in the box as long as the items are sealed. He joined the link with his proctor and took the test with no problem. The 15 minute timer counted down, and he pushed connect with proctor. And then he waited, and waited after 30 minutes no one had come back on the screen to check his results. 

So, I called them. Thankfully, the IHealth company is in our time zone and they called right back. She had him refresh his screen, and then refresh it again, which effectively closed his session and took him back to the ticket number screen. The ticket number now said invalid, because he had used it to take his test. So after about 45 minutes while the support person sought approvals, she had him describe his test results-one line under the C, Negative, and emailed him his verified test results. It was about 2 hours overall for his test and obtaining results. It didn't go very smoothly. 

I think IHealth has also received approvals for extension to their expiration dates. And they don't ask about dates anyway. 

We would use them again. The support person said the proctors were probably very busy. Our internet connection is very stable. So, I don't know what happened or what went wrong. But we have our verified results for our cruise, and that's what is important. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We will be taking this test in London, England.  I'm a little concerned about signing up for a testing time and having it be based on United States time, although I noticed a place to change the time zone on the calendar that shows what times are available.  Anybody try doing this in another country?

Also, there is another company that proctors this same test, called Rapid Test Trace.  It costs $20 per proctored test.  So, if anyone has experience with this one, would love to hear their comments.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blessed Texan said:

Also, there is another company that proctors this same test, called Rapid Test Trace.  It costs $20 per proctored test.  So, if anyone has experience with this one, would love to hear their comments.

I read in a Facebook group that someone used this proctoring service.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?fbclid=IwAR0bo0mxML7Ysl5JvPAUjC-LH9bqLpWNXTwyBqZQUgrypgqA31PoPAT5iSs

I think it's the same one you mentioned.  I have about 8 government tests that are not the iHealth one and would really like to use this proctoring service as it only costs $20 per test.  Looking to see if anyone else have used this service and how it went.

Thanks for †he great details on this process @LeeW   

I don't have a laptop and it sounds like angling the camera would be impossible on a hotel business center's desktop. So does anyone think it could actually work on a phone if I simply connect to the internet via the Chrome browser? Isn't that kind of the same as using a real computer?

On 4/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, Blessed Texan said:

We will be taking this test in London, England.  I'm a little concerned about signing up for a testing time and having it be based on United States time, although I noticed a place to change the time zone on the calendar that shows what times are available.  Anybody try doing this in another country?

I accidentally hit Alaska time zone when I was in Puerto Rico.   Luckily it was just 4 hours different.  I took the test based on the time in Alaska.

You should be fine selecting your time zone.

Proctor reminded us to move mouse around occasionally during wait period.  And watch clock to see it is counting down.  They also mentioned this was because many laptops have a short inactivity sleep timer.  Good idea to extend sleep and shutdown timers beyond 30 minutes prior to doing these tests.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:02 AM, LeeW said:

Proctor reminded us to move mouse around occasionally during wait period.  And watch clock to see it is counting down.  They also mentioned this was because many laptops have a short inactivity sleep timer.  Good idea to extend sleep and shutdown timers beyond 30 minutes prior to doing these tests.

It wasn't a computer sleep issue. It was a proctor issue that was eventually reconciled.