Carnival Cruise Line delays on-line check-in.

pshhi2016

Yes, I can confirm we used to be able to check in much earlier - because I used to do it all the time (been cruising Carnival over 20 years now).  I am a major "planner" and like having all my ducks in a row well in advance.  Heck, I usually start packing a couple weeks minimum before I even cruise.  However, something to keep in mind is the entire world just went through a major life altering even - so yes we have to adapt.  I for one am just glad to be cruising again after 2 years time.

This is minor thing in the grand scheme of things, and everything is fluid right now.  There have been a LOT of major changes to the way we used to do things in life.  

Obstacle / Adapt = Overcome

For some reason I DID NOT receive an email letting me know that check-in was available. Neither did anyone else in my party (I handle all of the emails).

Luckily I’m a type A cruise critic member so I already knew it would be available 2 weeks before and logged in at midnight to pick my time.

I don’t care how far in advance they open check-in. I’ll make time to hop on and secure my time as long as I know when to do it.

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

5 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

For some reason I DID NOT receive an email letting me know that check-in was available. Neither did anyone else in my party (I handle all of the emails).

Luckily I’m a type A cruise critic member so I already knew it would be available 2 weeks before and logged in at midnight to pick my time.

I don’t care how far in advance they open check-in. I’ll make time to hop on and secure my time as long as I know when to do it.

I don't recall receiving emails either when it was time to check in (but get multiple emails from Carnival daily about everything else under the sun).  But since it clearly shows the online check-in date in my cruise manager on the Carnival site, it's been on my calendar since we booked our cruises.

6 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I've never received an email notifying me to check in. That information is shown under "Things to do" in your cruise manager. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I've never received an email notifying me to check in. That information is shown under "Things to do" in your cruise manager. 😎

But surely you knew to check the cruise manager after reading something on here or some other social media outlet right? 😉

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

WAIT I just remembered my “to do list” on Carnival DID show the date I could do check in. It’s Royal that didn’t tell me what date I could do it.

I still didn’t receive any email reminders though lol. I saw other people on the internet saying they got one but nothing here.

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

I don't recall receiving emails either when it was time to check in (but get multiple emails from Carnival daily about everything else under the sun).  But since it clearly shows the online check-in date in my cruise manager on the Carnival site, it's been on my calendar since we booked our cruises.

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

I did get the other repeat emails lol. I would have been a little worried about the repeated “do your health assessment or we’ll cancel your cruise!” emails but again, cruise critic told me everyone kept getting those emails. I just logged in to make sure it was still done.