Taxi or Uber from Penn Station to Port in NYC

DKLI

2 hours ago, DKLI said:

Does anyone who has recently done it know the costs of an Uber or Taxi from Penn Station to the Norwegian Joy pier in NYC.

Thank you,

Karen

Taxi fare will vary based on traffic, but figure something on the order of $15 including  tip. Uber tends to be more expensive for short trips . Price varies a lot based on demand but I'd estimate $25 dollars .

6 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Go to the taxi stand on 8th Ave exit by Madison Square Garden. Easy to find a cab. 

Depending on what train the OP is taking it may stop at the new Moynihan Train Hall across 8th Ave, not Penn Station. If so, the taxi area is on 31st St. between 8th and 9th Ave. and the ride share area for Uber and Lyft cars is on 33rd St. between 8th and 9th Ave.

• Like 1

The trip is two miles, and with taxi fare at $2.50 per mile, plus $2.50 flag drop, plus some nuisance charges and possibly slow traffic, I would anticipate the metered fare to be about $10. Add tip at your discretion. Not terribly expensive. If baggage were not heavy or bulky, and weather not being inclement, in this situation I would likely walk from the train station to the port (possibly uptown on Ninth Avenue, then crosstown on West 48th Street).

3 hours ago, GTJ said:

The trip is two miles, and with taxi fare at $2.50 per mile, plus $2.50 flag drop, plus some nuisance charges and possibly slow traffic, I would anticipate the metered fare to be about $10. Add tip at your discretion. Not terribly expensive. If baggage were not heavy or bulky, and weather not being inclement, in this situation I would likely walk from the train station to the port (possibly uptown on Ninth Avenue, then crosstown on West 48th Street).

If you are really travelling light in good weather walking could work.  If you are pulling wheeled bags, you are likely to do more than $10 worth of damage to those bags.