Barcelona : pre cruise Antigen test

odysee

On 5/1/2022 at 6:09 PM, ckone said:

We fly into BCN Friday AM and will get the test before leaving the airport. Same company for the return. 

Hi, is this flycovidtestcentre.com in the airport on levels 1 or 3 you are using?  I am trying to organise a test with them as well just now for the 30th May and would be interested to hear about your experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone considered ordering the proctored self tests from your cruiseline you can do yourself in your hotel room.  They are very easy. Be sure to download the NAVICA app before you leave the USA.   You will need it for the Abbott Binax now home proctored tests.  

Likewise we have a cruise from Barcelona in September. Celebrity demand supervised tests. Previously have used Fit to Flytests which are accepted by Celebrity. These maybe only of use to UK resident.

https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/virgindelta/

https://qured.com/health-travel-pass#our-rapid-antigen-fit-to-fly-test

US citizens:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-1-pack/

However maybe easier booking a test with Turo Park Clinics. Their clinic is central and they seem to offer other places for antigen tests too. I have no experience of them so will be interested to find out how people get on.

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/barcelona/covid/test/antigen-test/schblt-clinic-in-sagrada-familia-barcelona-01.html

https://pcrpriser.se/en/spain/barcelona

Edited by hawkesbaynz

On 5/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, mauimary said:

Has anyone considered ordering the proctored self tests from your cruiseline you can do yourself in your hotel room.  They are very easy. Be sure to download the NAVICA app before you leave the USA.   You will need it for the Abbott Binax now home proctored tests.  

I used these test from Emed with the NAVICA app the night before I got off the Wonder of the Seas TA.  Worked out great when I was departing and returning to the USA..  Just find where the computer and printers are for your ship and print them out after you get the  results.  Check with your airline for additional requirements/documents to get in the USA.   I did them through my Delta app.  But you could easily use them for getting onto the ship from your hotel wifi and using the hotel business center to print anything.  This is what I plan on doing in two weeks when I cruise out of BCN.

Edited by DeputyDawg46
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I used these test from Emed with the NAVICA app the night before I got off the Wonder of the Seas TA.  Worked out great when I was departing and returning to the USA..  Just find where the computer and printers are for your ship and print them out after you get the  results.  Check with your airline for additional requirements/documents to get in the USA.   I did them through my Delta app.  But you could easily use them for getting onto the ship from your hotel wifi and using the hotel business center to print anything.  This is what I plan on doing in two weeks when I cruise out of BCN.

We will be using these tests as well for getting on our ship in Barcelona in July as well as for flying back to the USA.  Plan to use them in June for Alaska as well. They are very easy to use.  

Be sure to watch a YouTube video as it helps to show you exactly what to do and where folks have problems including having a pr of scissors available for helping to open the pkg.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, fiveparty said:

We are going to Barcelona (pre cruise) in August from Toronto. Is the antigen test required even if one is vaccinated? 

Could change but if you are planning on getting on a Celebrity ship, the current answer is yes.

Geez, looks like my husband will need to do an antigen test to enter Spain (his last vaccine dose will be more than 270 days) PLUS, he (and the rest of us) will need to do another one before getting on the ship. 

Edited by fiveparty

On 5/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, mauimary said:

We will be using these tests as well for getting on our ship in Barcelona in July as well as for flying back to the USA.  Plan to use them in June for Alaska as well. They are very easy to use.  

Be sure to watch a YouTube video as it helps to show you exactly what to do and where folks have problems including having a pr of scissors available for helping to open the pkg.  

In Barcelona, if you use the proctored test to fly back to the USA, will you do this test on the ship the morning of your departure, or somewhere else?  Will you need a printer, or will they take the negative test results from your phone?   We are disembarking and going straight to the airport in Barcelona.  We were going to test at the Barcelona airport but perhaps the proctored test easier. 

4 hours ago, LoriLoriLori said:

In Barcelona, if you use the proctored test to fly back to the USA, will you do this test on the ship the morning of your departure, or somewhere else?  Will you need a printer, or will they take the negative test results from your phone?   We are disembarking and going straight to the airport in Barcelona.  We were going to test at the Barcelona airport but perhaps the proctored test easier. 

We are flying home the next day so will do it from the hotel room.  It would be possible to do it from the ship if you can get internet.  We will be taking some of our free tests with us so that we can do a pre test the night before just to get a good idea of what results might be. 
Be sure to down load the NAVICA App as it can be difficult to do once you are out of the country. The results of your test will be on your phone in the app.   We are planning to use our phone to show the results.  

On 5/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, fiveparty said:

Geez, looks like my husband will need to do an antigen test to enter Spain (his last vaccine dose will be more than 270 days) PLUS, he (and the rest of us) will need to do another one before getting on the ship. 

Would you mind sharing where you found this information? I think all of us except my husband are within 180 days of our last dose, but I believe he's going to be longer....

7 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

Would you mind sharing where you found this information? I think all of us except my husband are within 180 days of our last dose, but I believe he's going to be longer....

Look on the Celebrity Website. There is a section on Healthy at Sea and it spells out in detail all the requirements. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the above link virgin/Delta do not test in Spain.

Has anyone used the airport testing. I would be interested in how it worked. We need this for August. We will be in Barcelona for 3 days before our cruise in August. 
if anyone has any better recommendations for lateral flow I would be grateful. The tourist board charge €50 each and the airport €30. For the 6 of our party is a saving of €120 

We had our Antigen tests in May 2022 at a Barcelona Lab that I think has several locations.  The name is "Laboratorio Echevarne".  It was an impressive clinic, the test costs $23 Eu and we had our results on our phone within about 40 minutes.  You could also request a paper copy of results but you would have to wait around for that.  You walk in, use a monitor to request what services  you want and what language preferred.  You were given a number and went a large waiting room.  When your number was shown you went to the designated room and had the test.  It was fast, friendly and inexpensive.  I was very impressed considering I had to pay over $100 for the same test in the US several months earlier. 

I have to say when we boarded our ship the next day, they didn't even look at the results, they only looked that we had the form on our phone that we received the test. 

On 5/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, go noles said:

We just returned.  Our hotel arranged for someone to come to our room and test us. 

Hello. We are flying to Barcelona in August and are also interested in having our Hotel arrange for a covid test to be done there. Do you know the name of the company that came to your hotel to perform the test? 

Thank you

15 hours ago, wishIwascruising said:

We had our Antigen tests in May 2022 at a Barcelona Lab that I think has several locations.  The name is "Laboratorio Echevarne".  It was an impressive clinic, the test costs $23 Eu and we had our results on our phone within about 40 minutes.  You could also request a paper copy of results but you would have to wait around for that.  You walk in, use a monitor to request what services  you want and what language preferred.  You were given a number and went a large waiting room.  When your number was shown you went to the designated room and had the test.  It was fast, friendly and inexpensive.  I was very impressed considering I had to pay over $100 for the same test in the US several months earlier. 

I have to say when we boarded our ship the next day, they didn't even look at the results, they only looked that we had the form on our phone that we received the test. 

Did you use any special offer or something?

On their website they ask € 38 for a test.