Information from Princess re COVID

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You did end it with if the cruise was only a few weeks after our COVID, what would we do? My answer was just a response to that question.

I understand what is required on Princess. 🙂 We are booked with P&O for a cruise on 27th August.  As a hypothetical, if we contract COVID earlier in the month, I would have to have a letter to say I had recovered. When we recovered in April, there was no option of getting a letter from Q'ld Health and we didn't see our GP while we were ill. We would not have been allowed into the waiting room anyway. 😁 

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I understand what is required on Princess. 🙂 We are booked with P&O for a cruise on 27th August.  As a hypothetical, if we contract COVID earlier in the month, I would have to have a letter to say I had recovered. When we recovered in April, there was no option of getting a letter from Q'ld Health and we didn't see our GP while we were ill. We would not have been allowed into the waiting room anyway. 😁 

Did you not receive a confirmation from QLD Health when you reported your RAT result and when you you finished your isolation/recovered? In Victoria, you receive a confirmation text message and when you are due to finish your isolation, you receive another text message. I would assume you could use the text messages to prove you had tested positive and had recovered.

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Did you not receive a confirmation from QLD Health when you reported your RAT result and when you you finished your isolation/recovered? In Victoria, you receive a confirmation text message and when you are due to finish your isolation, you receive another text message. I would assume you could use the text messages to prove you had tested positive and had recovered.

No we didn't. We didn't receive any text messages, just daily phone calls. Maybe I could follow up with Q'ld Health and ask for documentary proof.

45 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

No we didn't. We didn't receive any text messages, just daily phone calls. Maybe I could follow up with Q'ld Health and ask for documentary proof.

They should have something if it was required. I need documentary proof in order to validate my leave if I was to get covid. Any time I had to test & isolate awaiting a result,  I received messages from NSW Health. Yep, different states.

The P&O one is a bit of a mess. You would think that if you were in that situation, a negative supervised. RAT would clear you for travel. There is the other side to this though beyond the infection, and it is about your doctor clearing you as fit to travel - required by insurance companies for many pre-existing conditions. Why the sister brands are poles apart on this is hard to fathom.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

They should have something if it was required. I need documentary proof in order to validate my leave if I was to get covid. Any time I had to test & isolate awaiting a result,  I received messages from NSW Health. Yep, different states.

The P&O one is a bit of a mess. You would think that if you were in that situation, a negative supervised. RAT would clear you for travel. There is the other side to this though beyond the infection, and it is about your doctor clearing you as fit to travel - required by insurance companies for many pre-existing conditions. Why the sister brands are poles apart on this is hard to fathom.

I am glad that our bout of COVID was in the first half of April - contracted on April Fool's Day - and not close to one of our booked cruises. You would think that testing negative would be sufficient for the cruise line, but the P&O requirement regarding an infection could be a problem for some people. It   could be that they wouldn't be a risk to anyone, but they would still be excluded from cruising. As an example, although we weren't required to take a RAT after our seven days of illness, we did. Both of us tested negative at that stage.

One wonders how many Princess passengers will attest a positive RAT the day before boarding.

Then a further wonder, if it is worth keeping a bag packed for an unmissable RAT-and-go standby deal. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

One wonders how many Princess passengers will attest a positive RAT the day before boarding.

Then a further wonder, if it is worth keeping a bag packed for an unmissable RAT-and-go standby deal. 

I love it! 'RAT-and-go standby' 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Possibly a good idea if you think you might need it. I would have though people would need confirmation for employers at least.

Not long after I posted my comment to you, my husband informed me he had a sore throat and a sniffle so thought he should do a RAT as he had a medical appointment this morning. He was positive and received quite a long text message from Vic Health telling him what he needed to do and with some links and phone numbers for medical advice. I did one then and was negative. Under Victoria's protocols, as a close contact I have to test five times in seven days with a space of at least 24 hours between each test. This morning he received another text message with information about voting as he will still be in isolation on Saturday. We had planned to do an early vote today, which I still did. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Possibly a good idea if you think you might need it. I would have though people would need confirmation for employers at least.

Not long after I posted my comment to you, my husband informed me he had a sore throat and a sniffle so thought he should do a RAT as he had a medical appointment this morning. He was positive and received quite a long text message from Vic Health telling him what he needed to do and with some links and phone numbers for medical advice. I did one then and was negative. Under Victoria's protocols, as a close contact I have to test five times in seven days with a space of at least 24 hours between each test. This morning he received another text message with information about voting as he will still be in isolation on Saturday. We had planned to do an early vote today, which I still did. 

I hope his symptoms remain mild, and he gets over it soon. Good luck with your follow-up tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

What will he do about voting? It might be too late to apply for a postal vote, or is it?

He applied for a postal vote last night. Wednesday 6pm is the cut off for postal votes and if you test positive after that you are able vote by a phone call. Voting by Phone if You have Covid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I hope his symptoms remain mild, and he gets over it soon. Good luck with your follow-up tests.

Thank you. We are hoping so too. Although if I am going to get Covid I'd probably rather have it now too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thank you. We are hoping so too. Although if I am going to get Covid I'd probably rather have it now too. 

I hope he gets a mild dose. I reckon it would be best to catch it now too, get iso over and done with before it starts to get close to cruising.

A couple of my daughters friends at school tested positive over the weekend. So I said to her, well, best to get it now, instead of too close to the cruise. Will see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I hope he gets a mild dose. I reckon it would be best to catch it now too, get iso over and done with before it starts to get close to cruising.

A couple of my daughters friends at school tested positive over the weekend. So I said to her, well, best to get it now, instead of too close to the cruise. Will see. 

Thank you. I agree, a family is best to get it together, which lessens threat it may affect a special occasion down the track. We decided not to cruise this year but have booked a trip to Cairns at the end of July so would rather have Covid before then. Our children and their spouses have had Covid, but only the youngest grandchild who goes to day care caught it. The three at school and who play sport have missed it so far. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

It took my manager over a year to catch it. Each of his 3 kids had it at different times, and there were other times where there were several close contacts & symptoms that they had to test and isolate for. Then it was his wife's turn, then he finally caught it. He had so may RATs that we called him the pied piper.

I am in a spot where I don't want to catch it, as I cruise in 15 days. I spent an hour in an office on Thursday with a person who called in with covid on Friday, so I am hyper-sensitive to anyone with slight symptoms. I have friends who are pretty much cocooning for the next 2 weeks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

.....I am in a spot where I don't want to catch it, as I cruise in 15 days. I spent an hour in an office on Thursday with a person who called in with covid on Friday, so I am hyper-sensitive to anyone with slight symptoms. I have friends who are pretty much cocooning for the next 2 weeks.

WHOW, now I would be freaking out this close to the cruise.
MASK and HAND SANI, and NO HANDSHAKES lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

WHOW, now I would be freaking out this close to the cruise.
MASK and HAND SANI, and NO HANDSHAKES lol.

I believe the big boss did hear me expel a few expletives when he notified me on Friday. Luckily we aren't huggers or handshakers, but there is a small number of people I get to share office & lab space with. Personal hygiene is pretty good all round, but I will still be donning a mask in those spaces next week.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

P&O is similar to Coral Princess regarding testing positive and having your cruise cancelled. They haven't announced it publicly like Princess, but your fare is credited as a FCC.

There is still one issue though. If you are sharing a cabin with a non family member from a different household, they are still entitled to cruise, and you might not get a credit. That would also be the same for Princess.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:06 PM, possum52 said:

He applied for a postal vote last night. Wednesday 6pm is the cut off for postal votes and if you test positive after that you are able vote by a phone call. Voting by Phone if You have Covid

I voted by phone early in Covid when Govt was advising elderly to isolate. It was an efficient system. 

• Like 2