Refund from canceled cruise

13 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Is anyone else still awaiting some of their refund from cruises canceled by RCCL in Jan?  It has been over 90 days now!

Don’t let it go more than 30 days before calling for an update. 

• Thanks 1

I received 3 payments to my Amex a couple of weeks after cancelation. RCCL won't give me info as I have a TA. She has checked twice and is told it is being processed. I just got an email from TA and today's response was the same. It seems odd it is just $100 . It wouldn't bankrupt them to refund it!   😊 

2 hours ago, read2learn said:

I received 3 payments to my Amex a couple of weeks after cancelation. RCCL won't give me info as I have a TA. She has checked twice and is told it is being processed. I just got an email from TA and today's response was the same. It seems odd it is just $100 . It wouldn't bankrupt them to refund it!   😊 

I wonder if you were accessed the $100 cancelation penalty. 

2 hours ago, read2learn said:

We had the same thing happen. RCCL split refund into three parts. Never received the last $100. Called RCCL they would not give me information because I used TA. TA phone was several hours waiting time and they never returned my calls. I finally sent them a message on Facebook through their Facebook page. Received an e-mail from TA next day. After several more e-mails to TA I finally received the $100. Hope this helps

Edited by Suncoastsailors
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most refunds process within 30 days but occasionally they get stuck and you need to repeatedly phone for updates.  One of our four cruises this winter got hit twice (!!) by the fully paid reservation cancelling debacle in January which also auto cancelled our cruise planner purchases twice  and we still haven’t received the refunds.  Every two weeks we call the Escalations team on 1-800-256-6649 and they send a follow up to Accounting.  Quite frustrating :(

10 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

I wonder if you were accessed the $100 cancelation penalty. 

I wondered that as well.  But RCCL canceled the cruise~not me. It does seem odd that the amount is an even $100. My real problem is the Travel Insurance won't apply the voucher for insurance payment from this cruise to my new reservation until I prove the total amount was refunded.  I may have to start taking car trips!   😊

My March 6 cruise was cancelled because I tested positive, I have received a partial refund but still waiting for the rest.  I just called again and was told it is "in the works" and that they are not following the 6-8 week timeframe (that they are telling everyone in this situation).