Covid Test - Proctor

Have anyone used this proctor service for taking their COVID test for their cruise?  From what I can see, you can use any FDA approved rapid test for your online session.  You will receive test results via email in 30 minutes.  My plan is to use the free tests I received from the government and pay for the proctor service through this company.  It is $20 per proctor test.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?fbclid=IwAR0bo0mxML7Ysl5JvPAUjC-LH9bqLpWNXTwyBqZQUgrypgqA31PoPAT5iSs

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard other cruisers have used the IHealth proctor service and all was fine with boarding.

That's great this place is now offering proctor for any fda home kit.

This should be acceptable with Royal

Great find on your part🤩

I can't take the credit.  Someone posted this on the Royal Caribbean fan Facebook page.  I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and whether or not it is acceptable. 

• Like 4

On 4/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, GTO-Girl said:

iHealth does not proctor all freebie tests…..only those that came in an orange and white box….

I just checked the free tests we received from the USPS.  They are iHealth tests in the orange and white boxes.  Each box contains two tests.  Since the boxes aren’t supposed to be opened until told by the proctor, are the two tests that are inside the iHealth orange and white box are in individual boxes that the proctors are referring to?  The reason I’m asking is to insure we have a total of 4 tests that can be proctored.  

Thanks to the poster for sharing this info.

• Like 1

When you buy through the RCCL website you get 2 tests for $70 and a proctored session. Can that second boxed be used and proctored. Anyone with experience with these tests please let me know. Thanks

13 hours ago, iuki said:

I just checked the free tests we received from the USPS.  They are iHealth tests in the orange and white boxes.  Each box contains two tests.  Since the boxes aren’t supposed to be opened until told by the proctor, are the two tests that are inside the iHealth orange and white box are in individual boxes that the proctors are referring to?  The reason I’m asking is to insure we have a total of 4 tests that can be proctored.  

No the two tests aren’t in separate boxes. The individual test components are all individually packaged but all inside that one box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kateh513 said:

We just used these in early April with no problem.  They didn't ask to see the unopened box, only the unopened supplies inside.

My husband and I used 1 box, both tests, for ours.

Thank you.  

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I saw that as well.  That could be a problem for some people…

Good to know.  I have an iPhone, an iPad, a desk top, and a lap top.  So I’m lucky in that respect.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iuki said:

We just used these early this morning (both negative, thank god).

You can use the two tests within one box. All they wanted to make sure of was whether everything was still sealed in the individual packaging, so having the original box opened didn't matter. 

Do allow yourself some extra time between tests if you're only using one computer for multiple people. My husband's was scheduled for midnight, mine for 12:45am, and my test still ended up starting late due to a few hiccups with his - it wasn't connecting to a proctor for the longest time for some reason. Fortunately he had put his phone number on the sign in page even though it was optional, so they called him to start the process. We were then told to constantly refresh the screen when it was my turn to force the system to connect with someone. Rather ridiculous, but it did work. I only had to wait a couple minutes whereas his was about 20 minutes late. Fortunately the results were emailed immediately while still connected - they had us confirm that all our information was correct before disconnecting. And the results are very thorough. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

This one looks better than Ihealth.  We didn't get the Ihealth from the government, so this way we can use the ones we did receive and it's cheaper.

My thoughts exactly.  I didn't get iHealth from the government.  I received SD Biosensor and it is FDA approved since it came from the government.  This proctoring service from Rapid Test & Trace costs only $20 and we already have a bunch of tests from the government, so Win/Win.  You can use computer, phone or tablet.  You get results in 30 minutes.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?fbclid=IwAR0bo0mxML7Ysl5JvPAUjC-LH9bqLpWNXTwyBqZQUgrypgqA31PoPAT5iSs

• Like 4

22 hours ago, yvonnedb said:

You can use the two tests within one box. All they wanted to make sure of was whether everything was still sealed in the individual packaging, so having the original box opened didn't matter. 

Do allow yourself some extra time between tests if you're only using one computer for multiple people. My husband's was scheduled for midnight, mine for 12:45am, and my test still ended up starting late due to a few hiccups with his - it wasn't connecting to a proctor for the longest time for some reason. Fortunately he had put his phone number on the sign in page even though it was optional, so they called him to start the process. We were then told to constantly refresh the screen when it was my turn to force the system to connect with someone. Rather ridiculous, but it did work. I only had to wait a couple minutes whereas his was about 20 minutes late. Fortunately the results were emailed immediately while still connected - they had us confirm that all our information was correct before disconnecting. And the results are very thorough. 

Hope this helps!

That is so helpful.  Thank you so much.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, yvonnedb said:

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this helpful information.  May I ask if you used a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or iPad.  The reason I ask is my desktop computer does not have a camera so I will  have to use my iPhone or iPad.

Thanks for all that are giving info on this thread.  Didn't realize we could do this.  Gonna be way better than they Binax Now since I already have the 4 from the government.  Maybe they will cancel the requirement for our July cruise, but this is nice to have in our back pocket.

Do be aware that in the last couple of days, the proctoring service offered through iHealth has been marked as "Sold Out" on their website:

image.png.184605e19cf1858be259e3976f1394ce.png

Hopefully that will change, but if not, we are hoping to use the kits with Rapid Test and Trace instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellemill said:

And can anyone confirm that you can infact use your phone? 

You'd need a device with a browser which can use the built in mic/webcam - not sure if most phones an do that.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard other cruisers have used the IHealth proctor service and all was fine with boarding.

That's great this place is now offering proctor for any fda home kit.

This should be acceptable with Royal

Great find on your part🤩

I chatted with Rapid Test and Trace.  This is their response on what is on the email they send you after your proctored test:

Hello there,

The certificate that we are issuing is in PDF format, which will be issued immediately after the session.
Includes the following information:
· Name of client
· Date of birth
· Id number
· Date and Time of issue
· Type of antigen test
· Test result
· Email address of Rapid Test and Trace
· Name of the registered Nurse and E-signature
· Letterhead

Regards,
Janine