Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

I haven't followed this entire thread and my question might have been answered.  On our Celebrity cruise this past March, at the buffet- it was entirely served by the employees- no dirty hands or people touching everything and putting items back.

Can we expect this level of service in August on the Oasis?  If no- we will avoid the Windjammer.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I haven't followed this entire thread and my question might have been answered.  On our Celebrity cruise this past March, at the buffet- it was entirely served by the employees- no dirty hands or people touching everything and putting items back.

Can we expect this level of service in August on the Oasis?  If no- we will avoid the Windjammer.

Self serve was reinstated for RCCL. Did you avoid the WJ before Covid?

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Back to self serve.

Benny,

Much appreciate your many observations, comments and especially photos this past week. I’m scheduled to take the Oasis, same itinerary, on July 8th.

Leaving from NJ is simple for us as we live in Brooklyn, NY, 30 mins to cruise terminal. Not having to fly, to cruise, is one benefit. The down side of cruising from NY is the limited locations you can travel within a week. It’s either Bermuda, New England & Canada, or Florida Nassau and the ships island. Of course, if your willing to go 10 nights or more, you’ll get more.

Hope you have a Great and calm, return trip to NJ (have been on cruises returning from the south and run into winds and rain off North Carolina where it was difficult to transverse the higher open decks)

Again, thanks and am amazed you could post so much using the ships vroom and zoom internet. Amazing.

26 minutes ago, als1428 said:

Benny,

Much appreciate your many observations, comments and especially photos this past week. I’m scheduled to take the Oasis, same itinerary, on July 8th.

Leaving from NJ is simple for us as we live in Brooklyn, NY, 30 mins to cruise terminal. Not having to fly, to cruise, is one benefit. The down side of cruising from NY is the limited locations you can travel within a week. It’s either Bermuda, New England & Canada, or Florida Nassau and the ships island. Of course, if your willing to go 10 nights or more, you’ll get more.

Hope you have a Great and calm, return trip to NJ (have been on cruises returning from the south and run into winds and rain off North Carolina where it was difficult to transverse the higher open decks)

Again, thanks and am amazed you could post so much using the ships vroom and zoom internet. Amazing.

Thanks so much … this itinerary is more for convenience than to explore port of call.  You have to like the ship to enjoy this type of itinerary.  This week I am sure is an off week, felt like they just restarted cruising as far entertainment is concerned.  Cats canceled, Aqua 80 not ready, couldn’t get the sound to work at aqua theater for Phoenix, the two headliner entertainment were good but not great.  I guess it does matter when you get the “signature’” entertainment label from Royal.

I am only on the surf package too so I am impressed with the performance but I am sure it will vary.  Also I believe that the price in the cruise planner since February been hovering around the $2X.XX range so I am sure there were less people on it.

Day 6 Windjammer Lunch

I can confirm that on Oasis this cruise they are hand breading the chicken tenders from scratch.  They fry it and then dumps it into the pan!  Which is why it tastes so good!

F6CCA136-7D8B-464A-81E4-908802B6EAA2.jpeg

CF8ED47F-37EB-43DC-A4D0-A51517008B25.jpeg

C19CD109-B7AC-41B4-8893-4D49BD5CB8FD.jpeg

4BD47012-A711-4FDD-9A40-251798ECF70B.jpeg

6E3BA83C-B618-4FBA-BFCD-8DDAE89FCECC.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Self serve was reinstated for RCCL. Did you avoid the WJ before Covid?

What we would do if we wanted to eat in the WJ we made sure we went in first.  Really made me nauseous when I would see people eating from their plate, licking their fingers then touching the serving spoons or forks- also some would with their hands, pick up food- a roll for example then change their mind and put back and pick up something else-  Although you really don't know what goes on in the kitchen- or with your waiter- given the option,  we prefer wait service.

Not everyone washs after they use the bathroom!  YUK

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

What we would do if we wanted to eat in the WJ we made sure we went in first.  Really made me nauseous when I would see people eating from their plate, licking their fingers then touching the serving spoons or forks- also some would with their hands, pick up food- a roll for example then change their mind and put back and pick up something else-  Although you really don't know what goes on in the kitchen- or with your waiter- given the option,  we prefer wait service.

I get that and yeah, I think we all know this is nothing new with many people. I just don't think about it lololol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Unfortunately I did witness a few can’t wait till get to the table incidents and started with the French fries and then getting more… it happens at the fried food station a lot !

Day 6 

Sexiest Men Competition….   Usually the cruise director would host this… Dennis did on the Symphony and he was a riot… fell into the pool too … but on the Oasis it’s one of the activities staff …

83397E35-5983-4B06-AA11-84CE80D1A168.jpeg

5A8F8184-6315-4780-AAA8-F5C8BCD0CFF3.jpeg

FBA0B56B-746B-445F-BBC9-75DC435B0F57.jpeg

14B25821-56BA-469A-8B4F-1FB012FE0A20.jpeg

61DBE816-784E-4EC7-A5EB-55E3E0773B99.jpeg

FE284286-9193-4A9E-ADC3-7DC9004FDB6C.jpeg

D5A814B8-4D1B-4962-8CB8-A26A909A85FF.jpeg

32D0F552-6879-4B26-8571-33CB8339EAF1.jpeg

• Like 1