Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

1 hour ago, Punnymaker said:

Any word why Cats was cancelled or if it will be back next week?

During his announcement around 11am, the cruise director said it was due to “illness and an injury to some of the major characters”.

He did say they were going to do a musical show with some of the singers at 8:30 tonight in the theatre. No reservations required. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

I just got an email that our sailing, which leaves on Sunday the 8th, has the same issue as your embarkation, where Oasis has to temporarily pull away from the dock, and boarding will be delayed by one hour.

Do you have any hints or tips for us, to avoid the chaos.  We originally had a 12 noon boarding time, so now it's 1pm.  We may still get there before noon just to be sure to get a parking spot, even if it means having to wait.  What's your advice, based on your boarding experience?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

I just got an email that our sailing, which leaves on Sunday the 8th, has the same issue as your embarkation, where Oasis has to temporarily pull away from the dock, and boarding will be delayed by one hour.

Do you have any hints or tips for us, to avoid the chaos.  We originally had a 12 noon boarding time, so now it's 1pm.  We may still get there before noon just to be sure to get a parking spot, even if it means having to wait.  What's your advice, based on your boarding experience?

Oh gee wiz… not this stuff again… our issue was that the cargo ship was late so it delayed the embarkation even further.  I would count on the cargo ship being late because that’s just how it is.  It really was a mess back there.  I would recommend using vessel finder to monitor the ships movement starting around 10:30 to see where the ship is.  I did this last week and around 11 AM the ship was still out by Staten Island and not facing the right way.    If you are parking and wants to secure a spot I really have no advice because I was dropped off.  You might want to use Costco as a staging area, perhaps get a snack or something and watch the ships location.  Once you are parked on-site it is a far walk back to the front by Costco.  There is not a lot of space to accommodate everyone that decides to wait.  They don’t have sections for different arrival times so it’s a mess.  You have ti listen to the guy with the megaphone he will tell you when you can go inside but people gather around him making it very difficult to maneuver.  Good Luck and have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

We had an 11:30 boarding time which became 12:30. We arrived at about 12 and dropped the luggage off with the porter and then went to Costco. By then, the parking garage was already full and they were using the surface lot. We had a $1.50 hot dog, killed about 20 minutes and went back. We got a spot in the surface lot, by now it was about 12:25. We headed to the terminal and found the guy with the megaphone. He said we could go in as they were about to let the 12:00 people in. Once inside , they had not yet let people through security, so we waited another 15 minutes or so. Ok the ship around 1:05 as I recall. 

It will be a s+^* show. As Benny said there is no capacity outside to handle the people and no separate line by boarding time. Best advice is to pack your patience ——— I left mine in the car😳😳.

mac_tlc

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

@BennyBrun and @mac_tlc I live 15 minutes away so I’m Ubering over. Since I don’t need a parking space should I just monitor when the ship docks and not leave home until then?

Thanks you guys for all the help!

Yeap… use vessel finder for Oasis of the Seas… it gives you the location … check the location at 11am and monitor the progress.  If it’s by Staten Island then you still have time.  Don’t call Uber until the ship is back at the dock the second time.   Remember the ship will dock… drop us off … make sure everyone is off and the B2B are back onboard and then sail away… then dock again.  Monitor it correctly on Vessel Finder.  If you are using Uber you will get caught up in the drop off madness.  Zone 6 is close to the man with the megaphone so aim for that spot if you don’t need to see the porter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

@BennyBrun and @mac_tlc I live 15 minutes away so I’m Ubering over. Since I don’t need a parking space should I just monitor when the ship docks and not leave home until then?

Thanks you guys for all the help!

Benny hit it on the head. A couple other tracking apps are marinetraffic and CruiseMapper. 

If you don’t feel the need to get on as early as humanly possible, I suggest waiting 30 minutes to let the zoo clear a little. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Thank you both so much! @BennyBrun  @mac_tlc

No worries … for your sanity and for a smoother vacation experience I recommend coming in later rather than earlier.. because that windjammer lunch is really not worth the hassle of having to deal with that delay boarding.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Next cruise … they are expecting 5800 cruisers… how many show up no body will know until all aboard!

That's a lot of people!

On 5/4/2022 at 7:58 PM, BennyBrun said:

This is my third week on the Oasis this year and the food has been consistently good … so good that I don’t think specialty dinning is worth it on this ship… so far!

pullled out all the stops and got both drink package and specialty dining. Why would they have closed Portside  bbq for dinner? I think if ive paid for a certain number of options of dining locations or types of alcohol and they dont offer them after ive paid there should be some reimbersement

39 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Next cruise … they are expecting 5800 cruisers… how many show up no body will know until all aboard!

Wow I was hoping we’d have a little bit of a light week like you’re having.

It’s ok. I knew what I was signing up for when I booked Oasis class! I just hope Royal is ready.

• Like 1

Nice! Day 6 is second formal night im guessing? wasnt sure if it was day 5 or 6. Thanks for the photos.Looks good! BTW likely already been posted but today did get the same 1 HR boardihng delay for 5/8 sailing as the 5/1 sailing had