Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

18 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Well that was a bumpy night! Probably in the top three roughest of our 40+ cruises. 

Went to see the HUMANS last night, only 4 of the 6 band members played. They didn’t say what the issue was. Music Hall was pretty empty. 

I saw the first folks getting off at 6:15am. We will take our time a bit, one more breakfast on CK, then off to the car for the 90 mile ride home. Should be in the driveway by 10:30.

Overall a great week, love the ship, but there were a number of minor hiccups that seemed to pop up. Nothing major, just not the well-oiled machine.

We will be back in September.

89C4BC80-A52E-444B-82EB-3A52F981D0CF.jpeg

This was the worst sea day for me ever… clocked in almost 60 nights so far this year and never had it so rough.  Never saw window washing until this voyage 😂.  Usually I would check out a show or listen to live music and enjoy the scenery but not last night.  I called it an early night and watched TV in bed.

Thank you @mac_tlc for your valuable input and being a co-author on this thread.  You added a great perspective and provided information that I missed.  Really appreciate it !!  I hope you had a great cruise and safe travels home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

I feel ya Katherine. I too am dreading the boarding today. It was smooth last time we sailed anthem from bayonne. Got dropped at the doors. No delay chaos. I show up early to avoid that, now cant. I have my husband with mobility issues walking longer distances and inclines so uses a wheelchair at embarkation and this trip the addition of my dad in a scooter... They have always had someone to help with the wheelchair though

Have a great cruise !!!  I hope that all the shows will be up and running for you!  Let us know about JR and if the Solarium is open for dinner!

6 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Wow, I hope it’s smoother sailing this week! I have all my seasickness precautions ready though.

@Lady Hudson @Cherries Jubilee Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourselves!  Please let us know about your boarding experience!  Hopefully they improved it and will be easier for you guys!

Thank you!  I will absolutely try to have a great cruise. I hope at least cats runs. He was looking forward to that. I just wanted things to be so much better by now for what will certainly be my father's last cruise but it is what it is. We will focus on the positives

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

This was the worst sea day for me ever… clocked in almost 60 nights so far this year and never had it so rough.  Never saw window washing until this voyage 😂.  Usually I would check out a show or listen to live music and enjoy the scenery but not last night.  I called it an early night and watched TV in bed.

Thank you @mac_tlc for your valuable input and being a co-author on this thread.  You added a great perspective and provided information that I missed.  Really appreciate it !!  I hope you had a great cruise and safe travels home!

Thank you all for you info and posts. Im still looking for the cruise compass posts. Are they here in the live or somewhere else??

8 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

Thank you all for you info and posts. Im still looking for the cruise compass posts. Are they here in the live or somewhere else??

The compass is posted every day … you just have to go through the threads… 

25 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

Thank you!  I will absolutely try to have a great cruise. I hope at least cats runs. He was looking forward to that. I just wanted things to be so much better by now for what will certainly be my father's last cruise but it is what it is. We will focus on the positives

I saw a sneak peek of the entertainment schedule on the room steward’s cart I did see Cats!!  So fingers crossed!

31 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

@Lady Hudson @Cherries Jubilee Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourselves!  Please let us know about your boarding experience!  Hopefully they improved it and will be easier for you guys!

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes. I’ll do my best to have a great  

@TakeMeAwaay98 @LouTheGlue posted this week’s show schedule in the roll call thread. I guess they plan on doing Cats on night 6 so I will cross my fingers for you! Here’s the link

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Wow you really make me want to leave the ship early instead of procrastinating and dragging my feet like I usually do lol.

Did you walk off your own luggage?

I didn’t even go and have breakfast because I know it’s a zoo upstairs and then afterwards you have to compete for elevator space to get downstairs with the luggage so got up a little later and then went straight for the exit!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Wow you really make me want to leave the ship early instead of procrastinating and dragging my feet like I usually do lol.

Did you walk off your own luggage?

Walked off with my own luggage 

11 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

I am waiting for it to pull away from the pier before I leave my house to drive to the port.

Wow it hasn’t moved yet??  Last Sunday right now it was already at Staten Island waiting to

come back… But last week they did not have to disembark any guests so there is another variable… please let us know how the process today!

Day 8

I am waiting for them to send me the final receipt… I made sure I did not have any pool towel charges this morning … so fingers crossed…. I did get a small rebate for port fees … I wonder why… but a credit is a credit so not asking questions!

• Haha 1