Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

19 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

No I’m still sitting at home. I hope they get this moving done soon so I can head out!

Gee wiz… are you sure they are still moving the ship today?  It’s really late … it’s even later than last week!

11 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

@LouTheGlue says people started boarding already so it looks like I can get going!

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Gee wiz… are you sure they are still moving the ship today?  It’s really late … it’s even later than last week!

Okay 👍 Have a great cruise!!!

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

This was the worst sea day for me ever… clocked in almost 60 nights so far this year and never had it so rough.  Never saw window washing until this voyage 😂.  Usually I would check out a show or listen to live music and enjoy the scenery but not last night.  I called it an early night and watched TV in bed.

Thank you @mac_tlc for your valuable input and being a co-author on this thread.  You added a great perspective and provided information that I missed.  Really appreciate it !!  I hope you had a great cruise and safe travels home!

Thanks Benny, it was fun piggybacking on the photo legend! 

We headed off at about 7:30, were in the car and headed to the NJ TP by 8:04. Pulled into the driveway at 9:52. First load is in the dryer, second load in the washer.

Hope all the 5/8 cruisers have a wonderful trip and am interested in your boarding process. As I type this at 12:01, looks like Oasis is back at the dock. As a matter of fact, I took a look at marine traffic where you can see the track and it looks like it never left????? Hope that true, should make for a better day !!

Next trip -- Harmony of the Seas 8/14/2022. Its our annual family trip for the 8 of us and we have the 4-Bedroom Villa Suite . I'll probably do a LIVE review for that one. 

mac_tlc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Okay 👍 Have a great cruise!!!

Thank you Benny for taking us along on this cruise.

You sure did an amazing job with the postings and photos.

This is the part of the cruise I really don't like,

getting off the ship and going back to reality.

Till next time,  Thanks again!

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you Benny for taking us along on this cruise.

You sure did an amazing job with the postings and photos.

This is the part of the cruise I really don't like,

getting off the ship and going back to reality.

Till next time,  Thanks againg!

Normally I would agree with you but I already started repacking for my next cruise on Adventure of the Seas leaving on Thursday so I have no time to readjust 😂 I just have to go with it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

Normally I would agree with you but I already started repacking for my next cruise on Adventure of the Seas leaving on Thursday so I have no time to readjust 😂 I just have to go with it!

Nice!

Are you going to do a live thread on this one too?

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Stay tuned… another live review coming up !!!

Can't wait! I've been looking at a cruise on Adventure for August, 9 night I think? I'll be following along to see what the ship is like. Can't wait! 

• Thanks 1

So the line was crazy long but they did have megaphone man walking around telling people where to go.

I had an 11:30 check in that was bumped to 12:30 so I was able to get in the line that was actually allowed to go inside. It took about an 35-45 minutes for me to get to my room. Not bad at all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I saw a sneak peek of the entertainment schedule on the room steward’s cart I did see Cats!!  So fingers crossed!

Great to see that the palate full of kitty litter arrived so Cats can go on this week.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Ultimate first world problem. 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Great to see that the palate full of kitty litter arrived so Cats can go on this week.

Don’t count on the kitty until it’s show time… they showed up on our schedule this week as well but due to new cast / cast injury / cast illness my favorite cat nap spot was canceled for day 6 and day 7

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 4:27 PM, cruiseforus said:

My husband and I are going on this cruise in July. I have a quick question, since the cruise is leaving the US and going to the Bahamas will we need a COVID test before returning back to Bayonne? 

Yep!

REQUIRED TESTING FOR ALL GUESTS SAILING ROUND-TRIP FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS INCLUDING SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

This info covers cruises that begin and end within North America. Guests on one-way transatlantic sailings should see their section below.

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.

3 hours ago, Chadr135 said:

Yep!

REQUIRED TESTING FOR ALL GUESTS SAILING ROUND-TRIP FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS INCLUDING SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

This info covers cruises that begin and end within North America. Guests on one-way transatlantic sailings should see their section below.

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.

For right now … if your cruise itinerary is like mine where it starts in NJ (or any US Port) and ends in NJ  (or any US PORT) you need a test to BOARD the ship on Day 1, you DO NOT need a COVID test to return to the port.

• Like 4

@BennyBrun, thank you for another great live report! We’ll be on a land trip next week, so hopefully I’ll find a way to fit in a virtual cruise as well! 

@mac_tlc, thank you for all of your contributions on this thread as well. It’s been great to see this cruise through two different sets of eyes! 

I’ll be looking for your Harmony review in August since we’ll be boarding her in mid September. 😀

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I know..I know. Pick me.

All About Eve.

What do I win?

Congratulations… you just won a virtual cruise live review experience with flexible cancellations!!! Woohooo!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@BennyBrun  I feel like I won the lottery!  Today is check in for the June Oasis cruise and I got 10:30!  I thought 11 was the earliest check in.  So now even with boarding delays we should be able to avoid the masses. Hopefully! 

Enjoy your next cruise and I'll be following.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

@BennyBrun  I feel like I won the lottery!  Today is check in for the June Oasis cruise and I got 10:30!  I thought 11 was the earliest check in.  So now even with boarding delays we should be able to avoid the masses. Hopefully! 

Enjoy your next cruise and I'll be following.

Wohoo that is amazing!  It’s a great indication that it will be a great cruise!

• Like 1

This is a pre boarding announcement for the Adventure of the Seas virtual cruise leaving out of NJ on 5/12/22.  Please come aboard as we eat and drink and entertain ourselves on yet another virtual cruise and this time on a non Oasis Class ship!!

• Like 4