Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

Thanks for the live report! Great job as usual.

We were the first people off Oasis on our sailing. Carried our luggage and went down to the gangway at 6:30. Waited in the bionic bar until they opened the gangway at 6:45 and off we went. We were home before 8am.

The weather here at the Shore today is terrible. It’s been raining over 24 hours at this point and the wind is awful. Gale warnings out. We’ve had gusts at 60mph today. And of course it’s cold. 

Safe travels home😊

6 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks - never really had at problem at Cape Liberty before but just worried about the changes tomorrow.  Thanks again for posting all week.

Our friend who had a cane just asked the outside person which door for handicapped and they let her right in.  You should have no problem with a wheelchair.  Good luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

It’s Famous Movie Quote trivia time:

“Fasten your seatbelt, it’s going to be a bumpy night”

It probably wasn’t the best day to watch Poseidon on HBO MAX on my phone…

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7

Well this was a first time I heard the captain’s announcement about ladies should not wear high heels due to stronger than normal movement we are sailing into…

Captain on Anthem in January made similar announcement and reminded people not to full their coffee cups to the top too!   I thought to myself, that is the first time I heard a Captain say that!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7 MDR

Finally the water started to come in from the windows… the server were asked to put napkins around the windows and move the tables …

8D657CB9-B3C5-460B-B124-CFCC92F7A49F.jpeg

A7A3A34D-8BDD-4FEB-92BE-AEAB9D25E9C1.jpeg

82CB71BF-3EB3-4861-B55E-0444A01C7E24.jpeg

BEB160B3-024E-4FCF-9123-7D9B87E6EAC1.jpeg

Wow, I hope it’s smoother sailing this week! I have all my seasickness precautions ready though.

• Like 1

Well that was a bumpy night! Probably in the top three roughest of our 40+ cruises. 

Went to see the HUMANS last night, only 4 of the 6 band members played. They didn’t say what the issue was. Music Hall was pretty empty. 

I saw the first folks getting off at 6:15am. We will take our time a bit, one more breakfast on CK, then off to the car for the 90 mile ride home. Should be in the driveway by 10:30.

Overall a great week, love the ship, but there were a number of minor hiccups that seemed to pop up. Nothing major, just not the well-oiled machine.

We will be back in September.

89C4BC80-A52E-444B-82EB-3A52F981D0CF.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks for keeping up with this thread, Benny.  Loved reading it everyday.

We are boarding tomorrow and right now dreading it.  DH is in a wheelchair and it is difficult to push.  We have always been able to go right to the front of the line because of the accessibility issue and also being Pinnacle.  Any idea if that will still be available?  With the wheelchair being so  difficult for me to push I really hope so.  Katherine 

I feel ya Katherine. I too am dreading the boarding today. It was smooth last time we sailed anthem from bayonne. Got dropped at the doors. No delay chaos. I show up early to avoid that, now cant. I have my husband with mobility issues walking longer distances and inclines so uses a wheelchair at embarkation and this trip the addition of my dad in a scooter... They have always had someone to help with the wheelchair though