Iona embarkation

Kittyonions

Can anyone who has cruised recently on Iona let us know which restaurants will be open on embarkation day. Have just printed off our boarding pass, and am surprised that we have an early boarding of 12.30. Can’t wait to get on board, and hoping that the buffet is not the only option for lunch. Before anyone comments, yes I am an optimist, but understand that realistically this could be afternoon tea, or even early dinner!

11 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Can anyone who has cruised recently on Iona let us know which restaurants will be open on embarkation day. Have just printed off our boarding pass, and am surprised that we have an early boarding of 12.30. Can’t wait to get on board, and hoping that the buffet is not the only option for lunch. Before anyone comments, yes I am an optimist, but understand that realistically this could be afternoon tea, or even early dinner!

The Quays on deck 8 normally open at 12 for lunch so worth going there first.

Lovely fish and chips or Asian Fusion.😋

• Thanks 1

Check in opened for the 21May Iona cruise

All details completed and I have the boarding pass, e-ticket and luggage labels.

Cabin confirmed on Lido deck and 12 noon boarding time. So a leisurely breakfast then a visit to the quays to buy boarding essentials

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Check in opened for the 21May Iona cruise

All details completed and I have the boarding pass, e-ticket and luggage labels.

Cabin confirmed on Lido deck and 12 noon boarding time. So a leisurely breakfast then a visit to the quays to buy boarding essentials

We've got 11:45 along with my parents, and my sister has 3:30pm.

Does anyone know if it's possible for my sister to drop her luggage off at the terminal earlier and then go for a wander into town?

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We've got 11:45 along with my parents, and my sister has 3:30pm.

Does anyone know if it's possible for my sister to drop her luggage off at the terminal earlier and then go for a wander into town?

Yes she should be able to drop her luggage off earlier.

Your deck number for leaving luggage is above the hatch where the porters put your cases on a conveyor to go on the ship.

If you are all together they might let her check in with you and your parents so it might be worth asking when you check in.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yes she should be able to drop her luggage off earlier.

Your deck number for leaving luggage is above the hatch where the porters put your cases on a conveyor to go on the ship.

If you are all together they might let her check in with you and your parents so it might be worth asking when you check in.

Thank you, I think we will try asking when we check in, no harm asking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Did Iona depart late yesterday? Cruise mapper has her off the IOW early morning today

Due out at 19:00 was released a few minutes early 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, gteach said:

Hi!

How did this work out?

I'm dreading a late time to embark so hoping to get on earlier.. 

Well my mum broke her foot not long before our cruise and was in a wheelchair. My husband and I went through embarkation ahead of the rest of our family, leaving my sister to push the wheelchair so she and her husband were allowed through early with my parents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, amajaa said:

If possible can people post their embarkation times and which decks they are on so we can see if there is a pattern. 

We were a party of 7 occupying 4 cabins on Iona in July. Three of the cabins were close together on one deck and the fourth on another part of the ship. The bookings were all linked, and we were all travelling together yet we were allocated four different boarding times varying from 12.30 to 4.00, we couldn't see any logic or pattern to the allocation of boarding times.

We all turned up at 12.30 and boarded together.

2 hours ago, AchileLauro said:

We were a party of 7 occupying 4 cabins on Iona in July. Three of the cabins were close together on one deck and the fourth on another part of the ship. The bookings were all linked, and we were all travelling together yet we were allocated four different boarding times varying from 12.30 to 4.00, we couldn't see any logic or pattern to the allocation of boarding times.

We all turned up at 12.30 and boarded together.

That's good to hear that they let you board together as we are also a linked booking that I actually booked all together and have a gap of 3 hours between times. Seems crazy as they must expect people will be travelling in cars together.

I am on Iona on the 29th Oct. Mum n dad are on deck 4 and have a boarding time of 1.30. I haven't had a cabin allocation but a boarding time of 12. 

I am on Caribbean loyalty and they are on Atlantic. I think loyalty level makes a difference to boarding times.

We will be arriving together and boarding together has never been a problem before.

Has anyone had probs with the on line check in. It just won't work on my phone but hopefully try the laptop later.

1 hour ago, jipsy said:

I am on Iona on the 29th Oct. Mum n dad are on deck 4 and have a boarding time of 1.30. I haven't had a cabin allocation but a boarding time of 12. 

I am on Caribbean loyalty and they are on Atlantic. I think loyalty level makes a difference to boarding times.

We will be arriving together and boarding together has never been a problem before.

Has anyone had probs with the on line check in. It just won't work on my phone but hopefully try the laptop later.

I don't know you know as I have no loyalty tier and am boarding earlier than my dad who has travelled P and O for a long time.

1 hour ago, jipsy said:

We are on Deck 4 so hopefully we will get same boarding time.

As you are Caribbean you get priority boarding,  unfortunately we have one cruise to go before we get to that. 

1 hour ago, excitedcruisemummy said:

I've just spoke to P and O and they are saying they have nothing to do with the times and it is all done by the port authority. They have confirmed that the loyalty tiers should get higher priority but this is not happening for some reason they have no idea why.

We’ve done four  cruises post Covid and are Baltic level. We’ve always had the appropriate early boarding