How Long Before Cruise Is Check-In?

CChamp

Hi all, RC website says that my cruise is in 84 days. It also says that the check-in window is 90 days before the cruise for check-in. When I go to my app it says that they are still getting things ready and to check back later for check-in. Does anyone know nowadays how many days before a cruise we can check-in thru the app? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Thanks, I was asking because I don’t know if it’s true or not but the earlier you check in the better time you get to board. 

The choice of check-in times is indeed first come, first serve. That said, we checked in at 45 days and chose the earliest time (11am) for our 5/29 Harmony cruise. A week or so later, 10:30am was suddenly available (as were all the other times) so we switched.

Just an FYI. Your experience may be different.

• Thanks 1

Question -  Is the check in time the time you show up at the port?  Or is it the time you actually board the ship?   What time should I leave my hotel (very close to port) if I have an 11:30 check in time?   

Also, my cruise is coming up in 2 weeks and if I look at the available boarding times, they have from 11:30-2:30 currently available (I have 11:30am).  What was the earliest time that other people can board?  I thought it was 11:00 am but it looks like there is alot of availability after 11:00 so I am wondering if most people board earlier like 9:00am-11am and we just got our check in time too late?  Thank you!

Edited by Lbrain123

It’s when you check-in, show your documents, etc. Actual boarding varies depending on port, ship, how quickly they clear the previous cruisers & do whatever cleaning/sanitizing they do, etc. It should begin around 11:00-ish. No one is checking in, let alone boarding, at 9am.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CChamp said:

Hi all, RC website says that my cruise is in 84 days. It also says that the check-in window is 90 days before the cruise for check-in. When I go to my app it says that they are still getting things ready and to check back later for check-in. Does anyone know nowadays how many days before a cruise we can check-in thru the app? Thank you.

Our May cruise opened 45 days prior to departure. It opened at 12 midnight, ship's time (although I thought it was suppose to be midnight Miami time). By 6 am ship's time, early check-in times were sold out. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiseforus said:

How early in the morning the day check in opens can you check in? 

I live in the midwest.  This past week I checked in at 1115pm CST on day 46 for me, but day 45 for ship.

• Thanks 1