Edge prices going up despite abundance of rooms

amyhphoto

I’m sailing on the edge on November 7 for a short 4 day cruise to Mexico. I’ve been watching the number of suites, aqua class, concierge and veranda rooms. I have a veranda room I was hoping to upgrade if prices dropped. They don’t seem to be selling any state rooms, I’ve been counting them and watching every few days. I’m wondering why today all the prices went up? Same amount of suites and Aqua class rooms available? I am not super familiar with this process but I would think that they would drop prices in order to sell state rooms.Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

They sometimes increase prices when a promotion ends.  Shortly thereafter there will be another promotion which may reduce the prices or add another incentive to book.

November is a long way off and I would think 4 day cruises may have more last minute bookings than longer 7 + day cruises.  

Keep checking you may see some price drops after final payment in August.

• Like 1

They have had a "sale", and now it is time to try and sell at a higher price. This will continue until about 4 months to sail date, and then depending on how sales have been, prices will be adjusted accordingly. That has been my observation over the years.

• Like 1

There are going to be empty cabins because they aren’t sailing at full capacity due to the Covid.  

I don’t think  they will lower prices for any category because of the price guarantee they have.  If they lowered the price everyone would be wanting a refund 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

There are going to be empty cabins because they aren’t sailing at full capacity due to the Covid.  

I don’t think  they will lower prices for any category because of the price guarantee they have.  If they lowered the price everyone would be wanting a refund 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The CWC best price guarantee does not apply to that sailing. 

Prices will fluctuate on that one. Four night cruises typically don’t book early like longer cruises do. They are more so last minute long weekend getaways for most. It is an odd sailing since it’s a Mon-Friday cruise too. For the same amount of time you can do a 7 day. Also unless FCC’s get extended again there may be a good amount of people scrambling to book in Oct/Nov/Dec. That could push up demand during a typically slow period and continue to bring prices up. 

On 5/2/2022 at 6:24 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

FWIW all categories dropped substantially today. The Sky Suite 3 dropped 800$

I was able to upgrade to an Aqua Class room at almost no additional charge. 

Thanks!

On 5/2/2022 at 6:24 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

All of their Covid based capacity restrictions have been discontinued, they aren’t sailing at full capacity because not enough people are sailing.