Newbie Cruiser: Selected arrival window 10:30 - 11AM. but I will arrive 11:40AM.

JonlLee

Newbie cruisers here, My first ever actually

Hypothetical question

I selected group C arrival green lane which is set to arrive 10:30 to 11AM. but I got stuck with some emergency and arrive late 11:40AM at the embarkation counter. 

Is this no big deal? will I just join the queue to check in like usual ?

Welcome to cruise critic and a new addiction 🤣. I haven't had to use the newest medallion stuff yet, but I'm guessing it really isn't a  deal. Especially since most ships aren't sailing at full capacity right now from what I've been reading. Might I also add if any of your travel mates are active duty or veterans of US or Canadian military checkout https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

Edited by Moondogy
  • Like 2

@JonlLeewelcome to Cruise Critic! It would help if we knew where you are embarking. SF north through Canada? My ship was full with slow embarkation for those not in 1st grouping and no one checked for assigned time slot. Florida south to Caribbean or Panama? Ship 1/2 full and embarkation extremely fast for me even in a later group. Seattle last summer (skipping Canada so not relevant)? They were kinda rude to those who did not show up during their 'assigned' time 🤔 but thats the port workers not Princess 

• Like 1

I doubt it will be a problem.  On our recent Discovery cruise, we couldn't even get an embarkation time--the app always said they were all full,-even though my sister, during the same time period, was able to.

But as far as I could tell it made absolutely no difference once we got to port. We saw nothing about embrkation times--embarkation was a mess on this inaugural cruise, but not because of times.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

well, it's 'there' just in case Princess "needs" to enforce it - just like the dress "code"

I can't see Princess ever holding people to an exact arrival time. It would cause so much turmoil at any pier it wouldn't serve any purpose. It's just easier to let people proceed as they arrive no matter what time they've chosen rather than creating another waiting area outside the terminal.