COVID self-test help, please

crusin'k

Sorry if this seems like a "foolish" question, but I am not very skilled at using my smart phone.  I just ordered the Optum COVID tests for us to use at the end of our Vancouver b2b Alaska cruise in June.  I understand we need to have a negative test within 24 hours of our flight back to Florida.  Since our flight leaves at 12:45 PM, I think we would be better to do the Optum test the day before rather than getting tested in the port the day we disembark.

My question is - can we do the proctored test using our laptop that we will have with us rather than our phone?  International service is not available (even by paying extra) with our phone plan.  We could probably do the test on the phone using our CC internet minutes but wouldn't have a way to pull up/show the results once we get to the airport.  Do you know if Guest Relations on board has a way to print the results, either from our phone or the laptop?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide

1 hour ago, crusin'k said:

Sorry if this seems like a "foolish" question, but I am not very skilled at using my smart phone.  I just ordered the Optum COVID tests for us to use at the end of our Vancouver b2b Alaska cruise in June.  I understand we need to have a negative test within 24 hours of our flight back to Florida.  Since our flight leaves at 12:45 PM, I think we would be better to do the Optum test the day before rather than getting tested in the port the day we disembark.

My question is - can we do the proctored test using our laptop that we will have with us rather than our phone?  International service is not available (even by paying extra) with our phone plan.  We could probably do the test on the phone using our CC internet minutes but wouldn't have a way to pull up/show the results once we get to the airport.  Do you know if Guest Relations on board has a way to print the results, either from our phone or the laptop?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide

I have had e.g. airline boarding passes printed from my laptop and from my iPad in the iLounge. I would expect that Guest Relations could help out as well. However, the iLounge may be closed during the hours you need help, Guest Relations can get very busy on the last evening and during disembarkation morning as people line up to dispute and/or print off their onboard account. So I would check one or both places well ahead of time to see if/when they will be able to help you out.

Stan

Yes you can do it on your computer. You should be able to get an email and get the results within the Navica app as long as you have the app on your phone and are signed into your account on the computer. Your travelling partner would have to sign into their account separately to do their test and get their results. You could also ask the concierge on board to see if he/she could get it printed for you. We have asked them many times (pre-smart phones) to print our boarding passes and they're been happy to do it.

Edited by Luvcrusn

We have used laptops in the past. We think it is easier than using phones. I assume (but have not asked) that either guest relations (or maybe the iLounge) could print it for you. 

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

If you haven’t watched any of the videos showing how to do the test I would recommend doing that.  YouTube has a number of them.   We found it a less stressful to have seen the process before we did our tests

You can connect your phone to Wi-Fi and use it. The results are sent by email. You can take a screen shot of the results and QR code Then you will have them available even if you don’t have Wi-Fi 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torfamm said:

You can connect your phone to Wi-Fi and use it. The results are sent by email. You can take a screen shot of the results and QR code Then you will have them available even if you don’t have Wi-Fi 

Has anybody had success doing the monitored test with the ship's WIFI?

4 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I just checked... the results also show in the Navica app on your phone. You could screen shot or print that.

Stan