Muster stations

A lot of people have posted about what they do when they first get on board and many of them said they go to their muster station and check-in. Can you do this before you are allowed into your cabins? What do you need to do?

• Like 1

Watch the short safety videos on the app, then go to your assigned muster station and sign in.  That's it!  We watched the videos while in line to board, and went directly to our muster station once we got onboard.  Took us 5 minutes tops.

Edited by rdtpm64
  • Like 4

My parents will not have a smart phone with them, but several of us on the cruise with them will have our iPhones.  Can we let them look at the muster station video on our iPhones, but then still check in at their muster station?  Or is watching the video an individual thing, where they will need to wait to be inside their cabin to watch it?

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

My parents will not have a smart phone with them, but several of us on the cruise with them will have our iPhones.  Can we let them look at the muster station video on our iPhones, but then still check in at their muster station?  Or is watching the video an individual thing, where they will need to wait to be inside their cabin to watch it?

If they are on the same booking ID you can check off their names.

If not, just go to the muster station listed on their set sail pass.  Watching in the cabin does not qualify anyway.

• Thanks 1

It will count when you see the count down on the safety page I watched it before I left home and then stopped at the muster station upon boarding.  When the The safety briefing window is over the captain will make a final safety announcement and sound the 7 short 1 long signal so people can hear what it sounds like. Some ships have pa tone only  and  vision voyager and freedom classes have bells and Sounders aswell

4 hours ago, annecolorgreen said:

you mean, we don't have to crowd in with a bunch of people we don't know any more?

It's not just a smaller (or no) crowd at the muster station, but you could be done in seconds.