bathroom glasses cleaned, not replaced??

CaliforniaDon

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Some of y’all need to eat more dirt..y’all spend more time cleaning, wiping, disenfecting etc than vacationing…

Is that why there is no trouble for y'all ( love that expression ) getting a front row seat at the Art Auction , the theater , the Golf Putting Tournament ,  Zumba lessons with Julio or  --- How to look 30 yrs younger in 90 minutes---- ( for $357 ) ?

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

OK, now it’s time for True Confessions….after posting more than a few ‘haha’s’ at the expense of those trying to stay healthy:

Yes, as I said before, I use paper towels to open ‘certain’ doors, my elbow to push open others; my knuckle to pick elevator floors.

- And at the start of the Pandemic:

- I wore a mask even before the recommendations were to do so.

-  I had a table set up in my garage where I put items we bought wherever to be rubbed down with wipes and so on until the experts explained it wasn’t needed.  

- I pretty much isolated, didn’t dine out; didn’t join friends except those I explicitly trusted. Heck, stopped asking one couple over until lately when I saw them in photos on Facebook with a big group partying prior to vaccines.

- Battled against the ‘it’s only a flu’ people in various organizations to stop meeting in person and used Zoom;

- Got Very Haughty with anyone who disagreed with what I Knew what had to be done and how.

- listened incessantly to the ‘right programs’ and secretly laughed when one of the naysayers got ill…..although I Tried to have some level of sympathy (not really).

And took shots and boosters before I started to ‘return’….and I won’t say ‘return to normal’. No such thing anymore.

Enough. I’ll stop with the cute jokes about others trying to stay healthy.

Den 

Pandemic ‘living” was and remains strange. We still don’t do most of the things we did in The Before Times. But we did many of the things you outlined also. We still haven’t visited a restaurant and are very particular about the people we see. For nearly 2 years we saw nobody much- a couple of visits on our porch/ masked and distanced. My relaxed attitude does more relate to the before times. We sail for the first time in July and I will be watching to see if the ship seems to be acting on their promises of virus protection or if it is mostly words to make us feel better. That will determine my actions. It has been found that surfaces are not so much the problem- it is largely airborne transmission.  Will have masks and will probably wear them a lot- I still wear them shopping. And try to maintain distance as much as possible. So, I’m not in any way ignoring the pandemic. Scared the bejeesus out of me because of age and health. 

• Like 2

Newsflash:  something is going to kill you someday.  This is a guarantee.

Live your life.  Drink from the mystery glass in your cabin. Employ the five-second rule when you drop a cookie on your floor.  And for the love of Pete, don’t clean your cabin/hotel room on vacation.

Do you really want to improve your odds of good health and wellbeing?  Wear your seatbelt, cut back on sugar, and exercise daily.  

The perseveration on how to keep everything in our lives sanitary is not good for your mental health.  

• Like 3

i don't mind if the bathroom glasses are not replaced daily with clean ones. Mostly because I just use it to hold my toothbrush.

However, the idea that the cabin glasses are not replaced daily with freshly washed glasses is utterly disgusting, unless we haven't used one and left it with its paper cap in place.

I am fairly certain that I have passed the stewards carts in the hall and they had trays of fresh glasses on them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

But I lick my fingers after I use the buffet.  Is that ok?

That's fine. Highly recommended in fact. Don't lick them after sanitising, that stuff contains alcohol.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Denny01 said:

Kind of reminds me of a thread where a poster who was mad there wasn’t self-laundry and they wouldn’t use the ship laundry service because they didn’t want their clothes washed with other peoples’…….they said they didnt want to think about what people did in those clothes. 

I told them they should Never cruise since the towels they used were all washed in the same machines, and the sheets they slept between were also….and they Didn’t want to even think about what people did between those sheets!!! I kind of ruined the thread for them! 

I know, I’ve posted this before, but I just can’t help myself!

den

Just to kick this can down the road.......both our kids worked as lifeguards, after their stories I will not get in to the pool or hot tubs unless I do it first thing in the morning, after I know the hot tub was drained and cleaned.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ScubesDad said:

Just to kick this can down the road.......both our kids worked as lifeguards, after their stories I will not get in to the pool or hot tubs unless I do it first thing in the morning, after I know the hot tub was drained and cleaned.

I agree 100%  I only get in the pool if it has just been cleaned.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Oville said:

Isn’t the OP glad they posted this thread.

YES !! Everyone that posts a thread or whatever you call it is going for the record number of posts--

I think it's 16493 pages on " Who's ----- " 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

That's fine. Highly recommended in fact. Don't lick them after sanitising, that stuff contains alcohol.

You have something against alcohol? I assumed it was part of the AI package!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Is that why there is no trouble for y'all ( love that expression ) getting a front row seat at the Art Auction , the theater , the Golf Putting Tournament ,  Zumba lessons with Julio or  --- How to look 30 yrs younger in 90 minutes---- ( for $357 ) ?

I don't hit many of those things, I prefer to sit in the back of the theater, in case I need to make an escape...

Y'all enjoy.  🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

However, the idea that the cabin glasses are not replaced daily with freshly washed glasses is utterly disgusting, unless we haven't used one and left it with its paper cap in place.

I don't understand the problem...if they leave you clean glasses at embarkation, why should they replace them daily?  

3 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

That pool smell..

https://poolonomics.com/chloramines/

20 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't understand the problem...if they leave you clean glasses at embarkation, why should they replace them daily?  

I don't want to drink out of the same glasses everyday for over a week. Rinsing is not sufficient. Don't you wash your glasses at home?  I often drink a soda or other beverage in the cabin, it needs to be washed.

Please don't suggest I should wash my own glasses. This is not a budget trip. Even in a Motel 6 they give you unused disposables daily.