Simone Biles named Godmother of Celebrity Beyond

dkjretired

Simone is arguably the best female American gymnast in history. Congratulations to her for the well deserved honor. I think that Celebrity should also name as man as "Godfather" to reflect their goal of gender equality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Orator said:

Simone is arguably the best female American gymnast in history. Congratulations to her for the well deserved honor. I think that Celebrity should also name as man as "Godfather" to reflect their goal of gender equality.

I think that's a great idea.

In 18th century France ship launchings and christenings were somewhat like traditional marriage ceremonies with both a male and female participant. So why not do the same today?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Orator said:

In current times it should be called Godperson maybe?😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, paulh84 said:

These always trigger a certain subset of people. If you want a real head scratcher I did recently see that Discovery Princess named four God Parents. Randy Fenoli, Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, Adam Savage and Page Turner Christen. I think they sent out a mass email to talent agencies and took anyone that would agree to being named. 

Celebrity Reflection has four godmothers, all employees with a connection to Breast Cancer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity Reflection has four godmothers, all employees with a connection to Breast Cancer.

And Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas has 7, one for each of the neighborhoods onboard. And then, in a classic case of from the sublime to the ridiculous, their next godmother (Allure of the Seas) was Princess Fiona from the Shrek movies. Nothing says class like a green ogre.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Orator said:

Gender equality is no longer the goal....now it is gender neutrality.