Allure Check in

Anyone sailing on Allure 6/25 able to get a check in time before 11:00?   
I went into app at midnight  (soonest app would allow me to start check in) , immediately went to choosing check in time for ship and was surprised to find earliest time was 11:00.

Did earlier slots fill in that quick (literally within 2-3 minutes),  or is 11:00 when they start for Allure?

I guess I’m just curious more than anything.    Also out of necessity, we will be dropped off at the Port by 10:00   so wondering if we will be waiting outside for an hour?   

I'm sure it differs by port but 11am was the earliest available when we checked in at midnight for Harmony out of PC last month. A few days later, I went into the "Arrival Time" section of the app and suddenly 10:30am was an option (so we all switched).

Can't tell you that 10:30 will appear for you but can't hurt to check. I'm pretty certain you got the earliest time when you checked-in at midnight. Not as many people care enough to check-in at midnight to get an early time as you may think.

25 minutes ago, vacajuls said:

so wondering if we will be waiting outside for an hour?   

When the doors actually open for check in probably has little relation on slot timing - you'll probably have plenty of company even at 10AM.

11 AM has been the default opening time on all of our cruises post restart because of cleaning protocols, so it can be quite fluid.  On our last B2B on Harmony, the public area sanitation process that is required between cruises takes quite a bit of time after the last guest gets off the ship, and the B2B'rs don't get off to go through customs until all of those people have exited. We were told to be in the Theatre at 9:00, and exited around 9:30. We got back on around 10:15, but couldn't roam around the ship until the public areas were sanitized. They started allowing the first new cruisers on board around 10:45.

I realize it is after the fact, but there is no need to check in at midnight at the moment check in first opens 45 days from boarding.  It's not like checking in with Southwest Airlines where you are racing to get into a boarding queue.   With RCCL, there are thousands of people checking in over that 45 day period with many time slots that handle hundreds of people at a time available.

Early boarding times (anywhere from 11:00 - 12:30) are available for several days before they book up.  Many people prefer, or have scheduling reasons that require,  later check in times and select later times intentionally.   On our last three, and current June cruise, we have checked in anywhere from the first day (during the day, not at midnight) to a week prior to boarding and the latest time we were able to book was 2:00 - which was the 1 week prior check in.  Typically our times have been between 11:00 - 12:30 as indicated.

Relax.  You will not be able to get into your stateroom before 1:00 anyway, and with the staggered  boarding times the check in process moves pretty smoothly.  An hour or so either way will not make any difference to your overall cruise experience.

And BTW to confirm, on our four referenced cruises since October, 11:00 has been the earliest check in available.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I thought I checked our group in right after getting the notice (Allure leaving in May) and my earliest option was 2:00.  I've never gotten a check-in that late.  

2 minutes ago, kateg said:

I thought I checked our group in right after getting the notice (Allure leaving in May) and my earliest option was 2:00.  I've never gotten a check-in that late.  

Depending on how large your group is it may be related to that?  Individual check ins may have more flexibility.  Just guessing.  And the check in email is typically sent 45 days prior to sailing - that is when check in has opened since the restart.

Edited by leaveitallbehind