PCC nonresponsive?

Petronillus

I've been trying to get my PCC to call me for the past two days. I need his help i/c/w a booking already made for February 2023 and for information and guidance about what will likely become an Alaska booking in August or September 2022. Judging from his voicemail greeting, it looks like he's still employed with HAL but I'm really astonished that I wouldn't get a callback in two days. Are they just that seriously slammed? Should I try escalating up the chain of command? What's going on?

=Bob=

47 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

I've been trying to get my PCC to call me for the past two days. I need his help i/c/w a booking already made for February 2023 and for information and guidance about what will likely become an Alaska booking in August or September 2022. Judging from his voicemail greeting, it looks like he's still employed with HAL but I'm really astonished that I wouldn't get a callback in two days. Are they just that seriously slammed? Should I try escalating up the chain of command? What's going on?

=Bob=

Many PCC’s lost their jobs or maybe he or she is is on vacation. When is the last time you had contact? When they are on vacation they usually have a backup.

8 hours ago, Petronillus said:

=Bob=

Does his voicemail recording tell you who to contact if he is out of the office?  Mine does and that person is always willing to help.  If not, call and ask for a new PCC.

• Like 1

They are that slammed.  They lost people and I'm sure like every company are struggling to fill positions.

They are likely responding to people based on date of travel. Since itineraries are constantly is a state of change right now they definitely have their hands full. One ship with 1500-2000 passengers has a major itinerary change means that many (if not most) of those people will be calling HAL with questions.

• Like 1

My PCC is on maternity leave.  Her out-of-office email message says to call the number for PCCs but not to enter an extension -- just stay on the line.  It might take a few minutes, but eventually another PCC will answer and will be happy to help.  I was able to make the change needed for a November cruise.  At the very least, you should be able to get an answer as to what's up with your PCC ...

• Like 2

I just recently needed to make some changes, so I emailed my PCC.  He is very responsive , but even at that it took him 3 or 4 days to get back to me.  Perhaps an email mentioning a new booking would get their attention.  The February 2023 booking is not urgent when they are so busy!

A few years ago I had the same problem.  I found out that he had been reassigned and was no longer a PCC..  Nobody took over that extension but it was still accepting messages (to a  non-monitored line).  Call the Mariner Society to find out if your PCC is still a PCC.

Yes, to what Petunia1950 says.  My PCC usually responds same day, but yes, they are slammed.  Last few times she actually called me when she should have left the office already, and mentioned she still had other people to call.

• Like 1

Now it's been 3 days. Not a peep. I tried email this morning, explained just what I needed help with. Nothing but crickets.

I feel like I've been ghosted.

Postcards From the Edge: "Instant gratification takes too long!"

17 hours ago, Petronillus said:

Now it's been 3 days. Not a peep. I tried email this morning, explained just what I needed help with. Nothing but crickets.

I feel like I've been ghosted.

Postcards From the Edge: "Instant gratification takes too long!"

You need to make a change.  We've had 3 different PCCs in the past year.  They've been laid off, and as I am sure it's difficult for them, it's also difficult for the passengers.  Seems I just get accustomed to one, and then poof, they are gone.  The one I had for years was wonderful and it was sad to see her go. If I were you, I would request a new PCC.

He has bent over backwards for me in the past. 

When I dial the PCC number and enter his 5-digit extension, I get his voicemail greeting. No mention of any change of status.

When we (DW & I) lost our previous PCC, this one reached out to us by email to inform us that we had been reassigned to him, and thereafter I dealt with him without a hitch.

I would like to repay his service with loyalty, but assuming nothing happens over the weekend, I will call for a new PCC on Monday.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Your views have been helpful.

I'm glad it worked out well for quack2 but I'm still stymied.

I couldn't find a number into the Mariners Society. I tried the chat message feature on the HAL website. The gentleman there told me I had no option but work with the PCC department. I called the central number (800.355.3017) and another PCC, Joy, picked up. She checked and told me my PCC is still employed with HAL and is not on vacation or otherwise shown as out of the office. Sympathetic though she was to my plight (2 previous voicemail messages starting last Wednesday, followed up with an email message), she urged me to try once again. She forwarded me on to him and promised that she would follow up with an internal message.

I'm waiting. 

=Bob=

Squeaky wheel got grease.

We connected, our PCC and I. He's working up a set of options, has promised to send them this pm by email and we'll discuss tomorrow morning.

He struck what was for me the perfect balance between abject apology and professional efficiency.

Looking for the happy ending.

=Bob=

• Like 3