Uograde to Premium Beverage Package not worth the money

drakes2

30 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Trying again since no one answered my question from yesterday.......

The answer to your question is that if it is made  with “bar liquor” that is included with the Classic package, you will not be charged for Premium.  There may be some exceptions, but I am not aware of any particular ones.  Some drinks are only made with Premium liquors , for instance drinks from the WCB and large Martinis from the Martini bar.  For those you will be charged the difference in price.

The bottom line is that you should only be charged Premium prices if the drink is made with A Premium liquor.

Edited by jagoffee

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

The bottom line is that you should only be charged Premium prices if the drink is made with A Premium liquor.

One of the martinis at WCB is Tropically Yours made with Parrot Bay rum. I would have thought parrot bay would be part of the classic  package but when I inquired was told they follow the ingredients in the recipe. Not sure but it was a fantastic drink. 

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The answer to your question is that if it is made  with “bar liquor” that is included with the Classic package, you will not be charged for Premium.  There may be some exceptions, but I am not aware of any particular ones.  Some drinks are only made with Premium liquors , for instance drinks from the WCB and large Martinis from the Martini bar.  For those you will be charged the difference in price.

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know.  Do you have to specify standard when you order a drink like you used to have to say "Diamond Drink" on Royal when they had happy hour?

22 hours ago, bcspam said:

Just an FYI upgrading from the Premium to the Premium Plus package is $29per day/per guest.  If it was only $12/15 I'd be taking it just for the coffee.  AND everyone in the cabin has to upgrade, my daughter is joining me on this cruise and doesn't drink coffee or sparkling water - total upgrade cost is $243 each!  That's outrageous.  Hoping it goes on sale otherwise we'll keep what we have and just pay for our coffee.

I'm not familiar with Premium Plus. I think you might be talking about something different than most others here. Do you a link showing the Premium Plus package? Most people usually upgrade from the Classic to the Premium. 

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know.  Do you have to specify standard when you order a drink like you used to have to say "Diamond Drink" on Royal when they had happy hour?

It’s actually, sort of the opposite.  If you order any drink at the World Class Bar, they are all above the Classic Package price point regardless of what you specify they are made with.  You will only pay the upcharge difference (and 20% gratuity.)  If you order a gin and tonic with a Classic Package you don’t have to say anything.  However, if you order a gin and tonic with the Premium Package, if you don’t specify the call brand of gin you want you most likely will be served a drink made with the Classic Package well brand.  Generally speaking the bartenders are very well versed in this.  They will often ask to see your card if you order something they know is above the Classic Package…easier to tell you up front there is an upcharge instead of presenting you with a bill.