Icy Strait Point Gondola/Tram tickets

harrtchr

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

So I'm going on a Celebrity cruise this June and see that the cruise is offering the Skyglider tickets for all day riding access for $72!!! If I'm reading this thread correctly, I can just buy them myself at the port for $50? Is this still the correct price? I'd rather by them on my own than get ripped off by the cruise line price. Any advice would be helpful. Especially knowing if the price of the Skyglider up the mountain is still $50.

Edited by EAG19

Posted (edited)

This is a current screenshot from the NCL shore excursions page, not including the NCL Free At Sea $50 credit (applies to Passenger 1 only):

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Thanks 1

If you do buy the tickets at port, either get in line early, or wait until later in the day. For us, the line to buy tickets took over an hour and moved slow. The good thing was, the line for the actual gondola was quick. Made me wish I had pre-bought tickets and not waited to see what the weather would be like at the port.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For price comparison, this is what Royal Caribbean is charging (2024 cruise). Why the Adult price is less then the child price I have no idea. image.jpeg.ca82c7eb8eafeae67a0df84893468710.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The couple times I've been to ICP since they built the gondola, buying the tickets on site was the better option, and that appears to still be the case.  I'm almost certain they gave a military discount at the counter as well....if that applies to anyone here.   

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks with Radiance of the Seas, the pre-purchase price with RCL for the gondola is $48.99 ($55.00 onboard) for both adults and children.

• 4 months later...
On 6/7/2024 at 4:38 AM, Brandis said:

For our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks with Radiance of the Seas, the pre-purchase price with RCL for the gondola is $48.99 ($55.00 onboard) for both adults and children.

I'm also looking at radiance oct 2025. How far is the gondola from the royal cruise port. It looks like they sell all day tickets but doesnr say how to get there or how far away it is.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm also looking at radiance oct 2025. How far is the gondola from the royal cruise port. It looks like they sell all day tickets but doesnr say how to get there or how far away it is.

Thanks in advance.

You just walk down the pier to the excursion center, through it and you‘re at the free gondola that goes over to the Wilderness Landing. There you can change to the Mountain Gondols.

We only took the free gondola, then took the stroll back  through the forest and looked around at the different stores in the cannery.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brandis said:

You just walk down the pier to the excursion center, through it and you‘re at the free gondola that goes over to the Wilderness Landing. There you can change to the Mountain Gondols.

We only took the free gondola, then took the stroll back  through the forest and looked around at the different stores in the cannery.

Awesome I already purchased the all day tickets, so will use them. But it was written confusing. Says the gondola excursion includes the price of the gondola tickets. I thought well of course it does? Lol. So figured I was missing something... where was this gondola. 

Thanks so much. Cant wait to see the views.

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks in advance.

Hey firefly. 🙂  I know your question was answered but I'll also set your mind at ease by saying you can't miss it.  In fact, the walk up the pier is longer than the following walk to the gondola station.  Enjoy your cruise.  Those one-ways on Radiance are amazing cruises.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Those one-ways on Radiance are amazing cruises.  

I'm on harmony right now and a man in the elevator had a icy straits tee shirt on and I asked if he did the gondola. He said he did and it was so worth it. He loved the views. I got out and that was the end of the conversation. 

Btw @Aquahound  the beginning and end of alaska season radiance does round trips, not one ways. I booked Panama transit and someone kept saying he was getting on in Vancouver not San Diego when I asked about hotels, no one else so I added rhe pacific coastal 8 day leg from Vancouver. Well you know it's like eating peanuts, hard to stop booking..  for like 9 days I watched this sept 19 Alaska round trip and its booking up like crazy. And every day the price was creeping up. There were at least 8 2v insides above deck 4 when I first looked. Now there are none. No 4vs. Balconys are way over $3500 depending which day. I'm in a balcony deck 8 they Panama and wanted a close cabin. Nothing. Finally bit the bullet on one of the Thursday friday obc deals where they crank up the price and give obc, which is why I have a bunch of obc for excursions to spend in ketchican and paid for this gondola. Doing the glacier on my own, the excursions dont give enough time. 

But anyway I saw you mentioned how great the one way is ... it's leg 1 of 3 and round trip in alaska, not a one way. And if anyone is interested book soon. Its booking up like crazy. Every day the cabin choices are less. It must be popular because its round trip. Seriously every single day they raise the price another $10 or more, ovs just jumped again $300 or $400. The prices jumped $150 while I was making up my mind. So I jumped and booked. Icy strait gondola here I come. I love heights. Sounds awesome. How expensive is this fresh Alaskan catch restaurant they advertise up there? Anyone have a link?

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

But anyway I saw you mentioned how great the one way is ... it's leg 1 of 3 and round trip in alaska, not a one way. And if anyone is interested book soon. Its booking up like crazy. Every day the cabin choices are less. It must be popular because its round trip. Seriously every single day they raise the price another $10 or more, ovs just jumped again $300 or $400. The prices jumped $150 while I was making up my mind. So I jumped and booked. Icy strait gondola here I come. I love heights. Sounds awesome. How expensive is this fresh Alaskan catch restaurant they advertise up there? Anyone have a link?

Ah!  Gotcha.  You're still in for an amazing journey.  That sounds like a great vacation.  

Here's a link to the restaurants.  Duck Point is the one right at the pier:

Eat | Icy Strait Point – Icy Strait Point

It doesn't look like they post their menus and I don't remember exact prices.  I'll just say...it's tourist prices. 

He was right.  The gondola ride was amazing. 

image.thumb.jpeg.518ef47ac87b807778c078277782efae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c77e43747c0d3bd84595207881e48457.jpeg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Ah!  Gotcha.  You're still in for an amazing journey.  That sounds like a great vacation.  

Here's a link to the restaurants.  Duck Point is the one right at the pier:

Eat | Icy Strait Point – Icy Strait Point

It doesn't look like they post their menus and I don't remember exact prices.  I'll just say...it's tourist prices. 

He was right.  The gondola ride was amazing. 

image.thumb.jpeg.518ef47ac87b807778c078277782efae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c77e43747c0d3bd84595207881e48457.jpeg

Wow looks amazing.