Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I got a t-shirt in Skagway that had just Texas super-imposed inside of Alaska with the quote "Isn't Texas Cute?"  Love that shirt!

If they hadn't broken up Louisiana. Actually it went into Canada as well.

louisiana-purchase-2.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

For anyone who was anticipating an update to my Food & Drink Menus page after the May 1st price increases...that happened. Someone asked how up to date it was recently @ninjacat123 I think. The special Mardi Gras page hasn't been updated. Actually I probably broke parts of that one deleting old menus. I'll fix that soon. The regular food and drink menus are updated.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/menus/

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

California has a population density of about 2.5 times that of Texas. But it does suck to be Montana or Wyoming. 🙂

It was a joke. Though there are lots and lots of California people moving to Texas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It was a joke. Though there are lots and lots of California people moving to Texas.

True. and Arizona. And I know some Texans moving to Florida. Not sure where they can go from there? 😕

I decided to test my smell and taste. I’m not wasting the good stuff on this.

ED5F78F3-3849-4166-9B29-9CA8E4C8B2B9.thumb.jpeg.dbdf83b6fd51972f41cd8f35ffae486d.jpeg

I think I’m in a weird in between place right now. I can still smell the godawful smell in there but it’s not 100%. It’s like 50/50 ketchup/bad smell.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

True. and Arizona. And I know some Texans moving to Florida. Not sure where they can go from there? 😕

To Wyoming or Montana, where it's not so darn crowded! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Going back through Seattle pictures for my blog. I noticed some things about Dick's that I didn't notice that night. First off they charge extra for ketchup and onions. I guess I'm just used to onions coming with a deluxe burger. I wish I would've noticed that so I could've added them. But the most interesting thing is tartar is on the menu. I have dipped fries in tartar sauce at seafood places. Is that what people do here? Or do they put it on their burgers? I feel like I may have missed out on trying a Seattle thing I didn't know existed.

9D98676C-3EFE-4042-AE6F-EA687C16C0BE.thu

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Going back through Seattle pictures for my blog. I noticed some things about Dick's that I didn't notice that night. First off they charge extra for ketchup and onions. I guess I'm just used to onions coming with a deluxe burger. I wish I would've noticed that so I could've added them. But the most interesting thing is tartar is on the menu. I have dipped fries in tartar sauce at seafood places. Is that what people do here? Or do they put it on their burgers? I feel like I may have missed out on trying a Seattle thing I didn't know existed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I looked it up, and 80% of Canada is uninhabitable -that's what I thought you meant.  Great knowing you are feeling better, and back to work.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

I looked it up, and 80% of Canada is uninhabitable -that's what I thought you meant.  Great knowing you are feeling better, and back to work.

I heard it on one of the tours. Could’ve been the Victoria bus but I really think it was the Mendenhall Glacier bus.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, CruzinKristin said:

I've never had Sonic.  I don't think we have it in Indiana.

There are 3 around the Indianapolis metro area and then about 6 more scattered throughout the state (Terre Haute, Lafayette, Seymour, Greensburg, Kokomo etc). I have a friend with a Cherry Limeade addiction 😆

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think my favorite part of the cruise was riding through Tracy arm outside with my hat, gloves, jacket all off. It felt great!

That was also the favorite part for all three Alaska cruises for both my daughter and me.  Wasn't it cool how the naturalist described the eons of history you were passing through by the plantlife, trees, lychen, etc?

• Like 2