ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 19, 2022

Scrapnana

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the CT dock from 8 am to 6 pm.

Also in port are Celebrity Eclipse at the AS dock (7:30 am - 8 pm), Viking Orion at the Franklin Street dock (8 am - 5 pm), and Norwegian Jewel at the AJ dock (11 am - 9 pm).

Forecast is for a sunny (!) day with a high temperature of 61F/16C and a low of 41F/5C.  Sunrise is at 4:22 am and sunset at 9:28 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Zuiderdam on Friday, 19 March.

Edited by Scrapnana

5 hours ago, leerathje said:

Never having been to Juneau, is the CT dock off camera?

L.

The dock closest to the camera is the AS (American Steamship) dock, behind that is the CT dock (Cruise Terminal), next and indented somewhat is the Franklin Dock (end of Franklin Street), and way out there is the AJ dock.  Princess is most likely found at the Franklin Dock, Norwegian huge ships trade off morning and afternoon at the AJ dock.  HAL will most likely have the CT or AS dock which are centrally located for cruisers wanting to walk around town.  Too many ships and somebody will have to tender.  The smaller ships have docking more fitted to their size in the same docking area.

There is another webcam called theSnowcloud which is in Hoonah that  gives a great aerial view of ships docked in Juneau.

33 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

There is another webcam called theSnowcloud which is in Hoonah that  gives a great aerial view of ships docked in Juneau.

Hoonah is where Icy Point Strait is located.  I did not realize that it was so close to Juneau that a webcam there would provide views of Juneau's harbor.  

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Hoonah is where Icy Point Strait is located.  I did not realize that it was so close to Juneau that a webcam there would provide views of Juneau's harbor.  

Actually, I have watched it for several years and always considered it Hoonah since that seemed to be where most cameras were located.   The service seems to be out of Juneau.  Looking at maps it is surprising how close these ports that we visit in Alaska are like Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Sitka, Hoonah.  I enjoy watching these two webcams as the seasons come and go!

• Like 1