Online Checkin Will Not Accept State

mrlevin

On 6/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, irishwitchy said:

UAT - User Acceptance Testing is the best!  

On 6/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Mike Moore said:

Agreed, which this went through with numerous devices, OS, browsers and versions, just like everything we do. Unfortunately with so many different variables, including users security/privacy settings, occassionally something like this causes a nussance with some odd combination of those variables. We should have it sorted soon!

Back in the 'olden days' when most everyone used IE on PCs, UAT was much easier.  But as the list of variables grows, as Mike pointed out, it makes it virtually impossible to test for every contingency.  As a sys admin for our institution, I run into this all the time.  Drives me nuts.  And almost always comes down to individual settings or odd apps the user has installed.  Throw in browser extensions, blockers, VPNs, etc. and you're bound to run into the occasional burp...

• Like 1

Correct @UUNetBill - in the last week alone we've had over 500 different browser versions visit the website, and when you add the different privacy settings at the user level on top of that, well you begin to understand the challenge. With the ever-changing rules for different countries, and even states in the US, unfortunately some times we have to take a whack-a-mole approach when it's an issue that pops-up but is only reported by 2-3 users a day, and even those users can't reproduce the issue when we reach out. 

@carolina cruisin one of two reasons are behindi the number of boarding times available. If you are arranging your own transfers, then all the times shown would be all of your options, and the longer you wait after Online Checkin opens at 21 days the fewer choices you would have. If you have your transfers arranged through us with a pre-cruise hotel or flight, then if there is only one choice it is the time that most closely aligns with when that transfer will arrive at the pier.

57 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

@Mike Moore, is it possible to add an icon/link on the Regent website to allow users to report any technical issues when spotted 

In addition to the "Feedback" functionality on the right side of most pages, we also have the form at https://www.rssc.com/about/contact with a specific question for website-related items.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I use a Password Manager which also frequently does auto-fill for recognized sites.  With the Password Manager turned on, I frequently see a similar problem with drop down boxes.  Turn off any Password Manager or VPN and see if that helps.  For example, with VPN turned on I am unable to order groceries from my local Kroger store.

14 hours ago, larry boatman said:

@Mike Moore, a mutual friend asked me to post that "Quebec" is spelled wrong in the description, "Moonlight over Qubec," of this new Grandeur itinerary:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/GRA240909/summary

Many thanks - we'll get that updated!

• Like 1