Proof of Vax Question

ScottC4746

I don't think that anyone is REQUIRING booster shots at the moment. Advisable, I would think, but I haven't seen anyone saying you have to have them. Which is understandable since there are age requirements for the booster shots.

20 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I don't think that anyone is REQUIRING booster shots at the moment. Advisable, I would think, but I haven't seen anyone saying you have to have them. Which is understandable since there are age requirements for the booster shots.

most cruises now require a booster if your last dose of the original vaccination occured more than 270 prior to sailing.

It is the difference between 'fully vaccinated' and 'up to date' which matters for some cruises...

... but as far as I know, the first booster gets you 'up to date' status and there is no specific requirement for a further booster after that.

Edited by Mark_T

18 minutes ago, maxsales said:

most cruises now require a booster if your last dose of the original vaccination occured more than 270 prior to sailing.

I don't see that- SOME itineraries might (although I didn't see any that did). The US does not require boosters to return to the US. Could you give me a link to any that do? 

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

I don't see that- SOME itineraries might (although I didn't see any that did). The US does not require boosters to return to the US. Could you give me a link to any that do? 

Look up the requirements for European cruises. Also look up the requirements for entering different European countries by air  (if you will be flying across the pond to board the ship). Many countries require a booster shot if the second dose of vaccine was more than 270 days ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

this is a direct copy from the celebrity website for our upcoming sailing.  You can interrupt it as you wish

All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with their final dose give at least 14 days before (not including) their sail day. Children under 12 who provide proof of full vaccination may follow protocols for vaccinated guests. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago. Booster shots are recommended for eligible guests to avoid additional testing onboard at their own expense. Please bring the original documentation for all vaccines and boosters. Vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) will be considered valid except for cruises that visit Bermuda where the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. Guests whose vaccination series consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore, and if you are booked on a cruise that exclusively visits Bermuda, you will be denied boarding.

30 minutes ago, maxsales said:

this is a direct copy from the celebrity website for our upcoming sailing.  You can interrupt it as you wish

All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with their final dose give at least 14 days before (not including) their sail day. Children under 12 who provide proof of full vaccination may follow protocols for vaccinated guests. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago. Booster shots are recommended for eligible guests to avoid additional testing onboard at their own expense. Please bring the original documentation for all vaccines and boosters. Vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) will be considered valid except for cruises that visit Bermuda where the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. Guests whose vaccination series consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore, and if you are booked on a cruise that exclusively visits Bermuda, you will be denied boarding.

That statement is true, but what it doesn’t say is that you have to be ‘up to date’ to sail with them.  Also, note that while it says booster shots are recommended, it does not say required.

What Celebrity does say on its Healthy at Sea page is …

COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises. 

On vaccination: I'm trying to check in.  As a UK resident I have the following problems, can anyone help/advise please?

We have been told by Celebrity to complete the next stage of our check in which is to provide vaccination records. All sounds easy - not!

Question 1 they ask who is the manufacturer?  I'm mixed vaccine - doses 1 and 2 Astra Zeneca, dose 3 Pfizer.  Which do I put - it only let's you enter one on the app.

Question 2 they ask for the date of the final jab.  That's my Pfizer one in November I assume I put that.

Next step is to photograph your vaccination records.  This due to style of UK records would be three photos, one for each jab record. I assume I post page 3 as it has the barcode but again it will show Pfizer.

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm not allowed to go any further on check in without completing this. I did get through to Celebrity but was passed to a US agent who had no idea about UK records unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

On vaccination: I'm trying to check in.  As a UK resident I have the following problems, can anyone help/advise please?

We have been told by Celebrity to complete the next stage of our check in which is to provide vaccination records. All sounds easy - not!

Question 1 they ask who is the manufacturer?  I'm mixed vaccine - doses 1 and 2 Astra Zeneca, dose 3 Pfizer.  Which do I put - it only let's you enter one on the app.

Question 2 they ask for the date of the final jab.  That's my Pfizer one in November I assume I put that.

Next step is to photograph your vaccination records.  This due to style of UK records would be three photos, one for each jab record. I assume I post page 3 as it has the barcode but again it will show Pfizer.

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm not allowed to go any further on check in without completing this. I did get through to Celebrity but was passed to a US agent who had no idea about UK records unfortunately.

I'd put Astra Zeneca and the date of the 2nd shot. Boosters aren't required, so I'd provide just the info for the 2-dose round which is required.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

That statement is true, but what it doesn’t say is that you have to be ‘up to date’ to sail with them.  Also, note that while it says booster shots are recommended, it does not say required.

What Celebrity does say on its Healthy at Sea page is …

COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises. 

@Mark_K is exactly right. Boosters are not required for any of the departure ports that Celebrity is listing. The whole discussion for non-boostered passengers is about when pre-board testing is required.  If their last shot was within 9 Mo, there is one set of requirements which are the same with those that got a booster and the ‘last standard shot date’ doesnt matter for the boosted ones; if the last ‘standard’ shot is beyond 9 Mo and no booster added, then they have another date requirement, usually within 1 day when others had 2 days prior, or have to be tested at the terminal on departure day. 

The differences Celebrity lists when to take their pre-tests are due to the country of the departure port. Keep checking the Celebrity website. the Italy requirements have bounced between 1 day/2 days a few times for ‘Up to Date’ (last shot within 9Mo OR booster’ed). 

Den

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

If you sail from Southampton and your 2nd jab was more than 270 days ago,,you will need to show proof of booster or you will be req to take antigen tests before and during the cruise at £42 a shot.

But those who have a booster also have to have a pre-boarding test. Just not at the port.

10 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

But those who have a booster also have to have a pre-boarding test. Just not at the port.

That’s true,,,my post was about what happens if you haven’t had a booster if your jabs are out of date.

On the 21st Silhouette sailing a room was set aside for the ‘unvaxxed’ to be tested.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

" Booster shots are recommended for eligible guests to avoid additional testing onboard at their own expense"

Why would additional testing be done onboard? Just randomly? If you had been near someone who tested positive? If you were symptomatic? If you looked crosseyed at one of the officers? Celebrity throws in this line but with no context.

For what it is worth- I've had both booster shots so this is not an actual issue for me but I do like to keep track of what is being required and what suggested. But understanding what they mean Is really helpful.

6 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

" Booster shots are recommended for eligible guests to avoid additional testing onboard at their own expense"

Why would additional testing be done onboard? Just randomly? If you had been near someone who tested positive? If you were symptomatic? If you looked crosseyed at one of the officers? Celebrity throws in this line but with no context.

The context is there if you read all the details on a relevant cruise, the additional testing is required to allow guests ashore in certain countries, or before disembarking at the end of the cruise in some countries...

Got it- googled boosters and there are about 9 European countries which require the booster if your last original vaccination is that 270 day that keeps coming. I had not encountered that since all we have booked is an Alaska Vancouver to Seward.   So if you are going to one of those countries you will have a test onboard.                                                                                    

Hi

The unvaccinated (ie no booster) was tested on the quay,before Spain,before Portugal.

In all it cost a total of $156 each.

A separate issue from my cruise.

After a good night out with friends ending with nightcaps in the Ensemble Lounge.

We returned to our cabin after a chocolate in the OV about 01:00 I found a letter on the bed addressed to Dear Unvaccinated guest.

It informed us that has they had no proof of our vaccination history we would have to go for a test at 07:00,,,yea right.

I am at reception at 01:30 telling the lady I uploaded my vaccination history to the app,as asked for and was acknowledged as received.

I showed a paper copy x3 times in the terminal building at check in and names were ticked off.

She still didn’t believe me and insisted we be tested (and charged $42 each) at 07:00.

Easily solved I pulled out my and my wife’s phones and showed her the NHS forms for vaccination……she took a photo of them without a thank you.

Celebrity left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing was rife on that cruise.

There was a dozen people at that desk at the same time all arguing the point,,,,,I wonder how many didn’t understand and went for that test anyway?

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Hi @Megabear2 I have literally just done my online checkin (I'm UK too, but Scotland, so paper record may be slightly different).

Question 1: Vaccinaton - enter your last vax details (not booster, so probably your 2nd vax).  Upload photo(s) of your paper letter.  It allows you to take more than one photo.

Question 2: It actually says "Booster" - enter booster details.  Upload photo(s) as above. 

My app is now validating the Vaccinaton section.  They must have people checking the paperwork matches the data input.

You definitely want to make sure your Booster is registered.  This makes you "up to date", which is preferable to "fully vaccinated".

Fingers crossed!

Edited by *twinkle*
  • Thanks 1

You need to look at the information on the Celebrity web site pertaining to the port of departure re boosters:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

There is a link which also takes you to your specific cruise, which details how many tests you will require on the ship.

As an ‘up to date’ guest, I will only require the pre boarding test

C11C27AC-8AA2-47A9-9D17-31F06E80CC9F.thumb.jpeg.150159502a5ea00ed673bc6bfefdc76b.jpeg

21 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Hi @Megabear2 I have literally just done my online checkin (I'm UK too, but Scotland, so paper record may be slightly different).

Question 1: Vaccinaton - enter your last vax details (not booster, so probably your 2nd vax).  Upload photo(s) of your paper letter.  It allows you to take more than one photo.

Question 2: It actually says "Booster" - enter booster details.  Upload photo(s) as above. 

My app is now validating the Vaccinaton section.  They must have people checking the paperwork matches the data input.

You definitely want to make sure your Booster is registered.  This makes you "up to date", which is preferable to "fully vaccinated".

Fingers crossed!

Hi Twinkle.  I have followed your instructions and have now got the we are validating message.  Has this now cleared for you as checked and if so how long did it take.

Thank you.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:23 AM, MBP1 said:

It would be helpful to know where you are cruising. Cruises starting and ending in the U.S. do not require boosters, abroad it can differ. 

US Citizen cruising Seattle round trip to Alaska and a port stop in Victoria.

26 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

US Citizen cruising Seattle round trip to Alaska and a port stop in Victoria.

This is directly from the celebrity website:

Roundtrip Seattle Sailings

Sailing Testing Requirements:

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Fully Vaccinated* or Up to Date** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 Test taken within 3 days prior to sailing and take an antigen test at the Terminal prior to boarding. The PCR and antigen test may not be taken on the same day.

Mid-Cruise/Port of Call

No test required.

Debark

• Fully Vaccinated* or Up to Date** Guests: No required testing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative COVID-19 Antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival to the United States.

*Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine over 6 months (180 days) prior to sailing and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 6 months (180 days) of final dose in a primary series OR boosted. The 180 days must extend to the end of the sailing. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

Testing Costs

Testing varies depending on vaccination status and itinerary. Unvaccinated guests will need to cover any cost for embarkation, mid-cruise/port of call or debark/re-entry required testing. These tests cost $55 per test, per person. Celebrity will cover the costs for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.