Wi-Fi plans

floridafish

6 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Perhaps if we understood how you wish to use the internet, we could better advise you on which plan would be best for your needs/desires.

Send and receive emails. No big attachments, video etc.

40 minutes ago, floridafish said:

Send and receive emails. No big attachments, video etc.

^^^^ @babygrljazhas it right.  That's all you need.  The social media plan is only social media and I think that the premium is overkill for what you want.

Edited by Schoifmom

I found the Value Plan to be lovely- mail, websites, news, etc.  I'm not into streaming video.  With all the complaints about recent cutbacks, staying in touch without counting minutes is an amazing development. I was able to upload large photos with minimal delays.   

On this same topic, my husband follows a few people on YouTube and likes to keep up with their videos in his downtime. They are maybe 15 - 30 minutes in length. Would the value plan be enough or would this require the premium? And if we try the value and find we need the premium, do we just go to Guest Services to upgrade?

15 minutes ago, Bajanswife said:

On this same topic, my husband follows a few people on YouTube and likes to keep up with their videos in his downtime. They are maybe 15 - 30 minutes in length. Would the value plan be enough or would this require the premium? And if we try the value and find we need the premium, do we just go to Guest Services to upgrade?

I would think that you would need premium for this.  If you want to try the value plan and find that it is not enough, you can upgrade right in the Hub app.  No need to go to GS.

Just now, Schoifmom said:

I would think that you would need premium for this.  If you want to try the value plan and find that it is not enough, you can upgrade right in the Hub app.  No need to go to GS.

Great, thanks. If it's that easy to upgrade we will start with value and go from there.

22 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

^^^^ @babygrljazhas it right.  That's all you need.  The social media plan is only social media and I think that the premium is overkill for what you want.

Hello, so will the value plan cover the social media and emails?

We have sailed 4 times this year (2022) while I was working.  The first two I paid for Premium wifi and it was pretty slow.  The last 2 times (April) I went with the value plan and it actually worked as good or better than Premium.  Both plans I was able to do Teams meetings without any problems.  Great way to mix travel with business.

Bought internet for my first time for an upcoming cruise, premium as well.  I can't live without my youtube.  Fortunately I have Youtube Premium as well so I can set videos to download, so even if it's not good enough to stream it should eventually be able to fully download videos, hopefully won't take forever if I sent it to 480p or something.