Itinerary Change Question

Hi everyone! I am booked on the Jan 15, 2023 sailing on Explorer of the Seas. When I booked, the itinerary was Coco Cay, Falmouth, and Grand Cayman. It has since been updated to Labadee, Falmouth, and Nassau - which I'm really kind of bummed about! I'm not complaining. I know itineraries can change. I'm just curious...for those who are more experienced than me....do you know if itineraries ever change back? Like, is there ANY chance of getting either Coco Cay or Grand Cayman back?

Also - how is Labadee? Does it compare at all to Coco Cay? I know they're both RC private islands, but I've only ever been to Coco Cay so I don't know what to expect now.

Thanks for any insight you may have! Happy Cruising 🙂 

1 hour ago, PSU_Redhead said:

Hi everyone! I am booked on the Jan 15, 2023 sailing on Explorer of the Seas. When I booked, the itinerary was Coco Cay, Falmouth, and Grand Cayman. It has since been updated to Labadee, Falmouth, and Nassau - which I'm really kind of bummed about! I'm not complaining. I know itineraries can change. I'm just curious...for those who are more experienced than me....do you know if itineraries ever change back? Like, is there ANY chance of getting either Coco Cay or Grand Cayman back?

Also - how is Labadee? Does it compare at all to Coco Cay? I know they're both RC private islands, but I've only ever been to Coco Cay so I don't know what to expect now.

Thanks for any insight you may have! Happy Cruising 🙂 

Both are RC private islands, although Labadee isn't as developed as Cocoa Cay.  It's certainly heading that way with a few attractions, but it's not there yet.  It's been about 20 years since I've been there, but I liked it when I went.

10 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Both are RC private islands, although Labadee isn't as developed as Cocoa Cay.  It's certainly heading that way with a few attractions, but it's not there yet.  It's been about 20 years since I've been there, but I liked it when I went.

Was there in 88, 96, Sept 2001 and last month where had nice relaxing time with my Daughter and Grand Daughter. Lot Changes Labadee, very spread out now with tons areas. Like you said multiple Attractions but not an Amusement Park but way more Developed then it was 21-34yrs ago

Same thing happened to my March 2023 cruise on Explorer. Very disappointed. My husband and I booked this cruise specifically for Coco Cay. We are going with our kids and grandkids and they have never been there. They have been getting very excited after we told them about our cruises there. This happened after our March 2023 Mariner cruise fell off my cruises. I called to inquire about it and was told it was cancelled for dry dock and they were processing our refunds. We had purchased 3 certificates at Next Cruise for the kids when we were on Symphony in December. .Booked 4 balcony rooms with reduced deposits, onboard credit and also got a nice military discount for our room. Great price, balcony rooms next to each other and Coco Cay. Never got an email about cancellation. Refunded money but lost out on Next Cruise certificates, because they cancelled them and refunded our money. Very disappointing! If Covid mandates are still in affect next year, it will be strike 3, as three out of our group of 14 will not get vaccinated.🤞

1 hour ago, Scotty G said:

For what it's worth Labadee is a private RCI resort area not an island.

Yes, and there were armed guards there when we stopped in February on Anthem.

By the way on that cruise they switched the itinerary and then switched it back.

That said I actually liked Labadee better then Coco Cay.  To each his own.