Seabourn Air Inclusive starting 2022

texanaust

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

While you are  I am 100% positive air won't be "thrown" in free, there is the possibility that the cost to include air will be less than we can buy ourselves thus a savings to already booked cruises.  Unlike other Luxury lines that falsely  advertise "FREE" air, obviously the cost is included in the cruise prices just like anything else advertised as "FREE" the correct term is inccluded.

We have a Pursuit cruse fully paid for in June/July 2023 and the executives of my TA  are meeting with Seabourn executives tomorrow  on this very subject so hope to have more info later this week.

The issue we have with air "thrown in" (and of course included in the fare) is that it will most certainly include multiple stops and will not be Business Class  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

You can always upgrade to business class.

You get a much better baggage allowance.

It's always worth getting a quote to see if you'll be better off.

We always do get a quote and have purchased business class through SB.  But, if airfare is already included in the fare, the situation will be different.  

Edited by SLSD

17 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We always do get a quote and have purchased business class through SB.  But, if airfare is already included in the fare, the situation will be different.  

Until we see the  Ts and Cs of this new program no way to know what or how this will work.  There is another luxury cruise line with included air including business overseas.  Plus you can get a credit for the "free" included air if you want to book air on your own.

Then there is a plan wher you can pay $175 PP and specify which flights you want and which day you want to fly.   There is the possibly of upcharges if the cost of your chosen flighs are more than the allowance in the fare.

So there are possibly solutions to many of the issues identified just have to wait for the program to be rolled out and then the questions can begin.  Hopefully I will have further info tomoroorw depending on how much Seabourn releases.

• Like 1

Just got a message from my TA in regards to the meeting yesterday with Seabourn Executives about included air.

Seems Seabourn is beginning the program for Europeans on European cruises so for now no chage for US or other than European cruises with Europeans on board.

Seabourn air can be great (we got business from Lisbon back to the US on our recent TA for 1/5 what I could get it) but at the same time for a future cruise leaving / returning to MIA it was twice what I paid.  I do not want Seabourn to be SS or Regent regarding airfare.   

• 7 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 7:04 PM, ciaoYacht said:

Is this posted somewhere? I looked for a source online like Seabourn website and new articles but couldn't find anything.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:37 PM, texanaust said:

Seabourn Insider.  If you are a TA, then you have access to it.  I am sure it will be announced publicly very soon.  

Seabourn newbie here.

So it seems this was just a rumor after all?  Seabourn isn't including air?

On May 18th last year I received an email from SB that in part stated,

"We are excited to soon be introducing Inclusive Air to our guests. This will mean that when a guest books a Seabourn ultra-luxury voyage it will truly be “all-inclusive”. These new, fully inclusive fares will be available for the U.S. and Canada markets on 2022 and 2023 Mediterranean and Northern Europe voyages. Booking a Seabourn experience for our guests will now be even easier for you."

Of course feedback is given and things change so who knows what they are planning and when.  I was also informed in mid-2022 that the Club would have a full time DJ starting mid/late 2023.  I have no idea if those plans are moving forward either.  

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just booked a 10-day cruise on Seabourn this morning - it isn’t until July of 2024 and I have never planned a vacation this far out before, but there’s a first time for everything! It will be our first Seabourn cruise. Funny, back when I last paid attention to cruises, Crystal was the dream cruise line (for me), and Covid wasn’t a thing. Ah well. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Seabourn is like. The peace and quiet compared to the more raucous and crowded ships is VERY appealing at this point in my life. 

In any case, as I booked today, there was no mention of inclusive airfare. However once I booked and received my booking number, I could go back in to start working on our preferences, shore excursions and that sort of thing. Within that area, there was a section on airfare. Looking up flights and booking aren’t available until 330 days beforehand, so I figure I’ll check out what they offer after that time and go from there. 

4 hours ago, cruisinfamily7609 said:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just booked a 10-day cruise on Seabourn this morning - it isn’t until July of 2024 and I have never planned a vacation this far out before, but there’s a first time for everything! It will be our first Seabourn cruise. Funny, back when I last paid attention to cruises, Crystal was the dream cruise line (for me), and Covid wasn’t a thing. Ah well. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Seabourn is like. The peace and quiet compared to the more raucous and crowded ships is VERY appealing at this point in my life. 

In any case, as I booked today, there was no mention of inclusive airfare. However once I booked and received my booking number, I could go back in to start working on our preferences, shore excursions and that sort of thing. Within that area, there was a section on airfare. Looking up flights and booking aren’t available until 330 days beforehand, so I figure I’ll check out what they offer after that time and go from there. 

Yes,have your TA make a note to check what flights are available and the cost.

I then check what I can get the flights for or a slightly different route if it more convenient.

Sometimes Seabourn Air is cheaper but not always

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 8:23 PM, labonnevie said:

It also matters what level of air they will be including. We will no longer fly coach/economy for intercontinental flights. We have completed nine Regent cruises and they include business class airfare on intercontinental flights. On the cruises we have not used miles, I have found it is very difficult to match the opt out credit. They also do a very good job of letting us propose airlines, routings and schedule and trying to get them for us. Additionally they allow deviation from their proposed flights for the nominal fee of $175 per person. All in all we are very satisfied with the Regent approach and would welcome it on Seabourn. 

My experience is identical with Regent.  Business class airfare from the US to Europe has become very expensive, almost as much as the cruise fare on a 10 day cruise!  On my recent Regent booking we saved a total of $8,000 using the air program and the flights are convenient although they are one stop each way rather than non-stop.  I will gladly trade a stop each way for $8,000.

2 minutes ago, ivyleaguegent said:

My experience is identical with Regent.  Business class airfare from the US to Europe has become very expensive, almost as much as the cruise fare on a 10 day cruise!  On my recent Regent booking we saved a total of $8,000 using the air program and the flights are convenient although they are one stop each way rather than non-stop.  I will gladly trade a stop each way for $8,000.

Don't forget you are paying the airfare cost as part of your cruise fare with Regent.o  Yes fares are up all over but, Regent won't lose money to you are actually paying those fares and not really saving much if anything,

Nothing is free no matter how much the cruise line says it is free!!!!

1 minute ago, rallydave said:

Don't forget you are paying the airfare cost as part of your cruise fare with Regent.o  Yes fares are up all over but, Regent won't lose money to you are actually paying those fares and not really saving much if anything,

On Regent the cruise fare is reduced if you do not use the air program.  I calculate the credit for not using the air program as the amount of the airfare, which is substantially less than purchasing business class tickets outside of the program.

10 hours ago, rallydave said:

You always have the choice of accepting Regent’s included business class air or making your own arrangements and reducing your fare by the stated air credit amount. For an upcoming Japan cruise, the Regent air credit was $5500 pp. We were able to book nonstop business class for $4300 pp. A nice savings of $2400. 
On the other hand for an Istanbul to Dubai cruise in November, the air credit is only $3600 pp. We can’t come close to matching that so will use Regent air. 

15 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

You always have the choice of accepting Regent’s included business class air or making your own arrangements and reducing your fare by the stated air credit amount. For an upcoming Japan cruise, the Regent air credit was $5500 pp. We were able to book nonstop business class for $4300 pp. A nice savings of $2400. 
On the other hand for an Istanbul to Dubai cruise in November, the air credit is only $3600 pp. We can’t come close to matching that so will use Regent air. 

Quite true and oftentimes those bargains are only available depending on your home location. 

another thing to consider is the fact that some insurance policies don’t cover your sir if not included with the cruise

plus the lower bought yourself are instantly non cancelable from day one while included air has the same refund policy as the cruise and if departure or arrival ports change regent covers those changes while you are out of luck if purchasing air on your own. 

More than price to consider when choosing self bought and included air. 

17 hours ago, rallydave said:

Quite true and oftentimes those bargains are only available depending on your home location. 

another thing to consider is the fact that some insurance policies don’t cover your sir if not included with the cruise

plus the lower bought yourself are instantly non cancelable from day one while included air has the same refund policy as the cruise and if departure or arrival ports change regent covers those changes while you are out of luck if purchasing air on your own. 

More than price to consider when choosing self bought and included air. 

Home location certainly plays a part in pricing of all flights. 
Insurance for trip cancellation etc. is part of my credit card, so less a worry than if your card doesn’t include these provisions. 
Many airlines are still including no change fees and even no charge cancellation. 
Definitely agree there is more than price to consider.
We have just had excellent results using Regent’s “included air” program. Both using their flights and not (if you can use miles, all the better). 

We haven’t sailed Regent - as of yet. It seemed when I was looking that they are certainly competitive with Seabourn cruise stand alone, and that as you said air was dependent on locale. I also interpreted that if you had to cancel your trip (obviously trip insurance covers medical), that the penalty is 15% regardless of when you cancel. Is that correct? Given life changes, that was what put me off from booking them. 

Regarding airfare to Europe this year = flipping outrageous. Started looking months back. We almost always use miles/money combo or miles. We had 195k miles banked from a RT business class last year that we had to cancel. Again, for months, watched availability. This trip it has fluctuated from over 2x that amount to 7x that amount for business!  To purchase 2x 2.5x last year. so in this case, based on what is reported here, Regent direction would have been the clear winner. I will need to remember this. 

Edited by Vineyard View

Everyone will have a different experience but here is mine: with Seabourn not included in the price air you can pick your flights and see what they offer.  We saved about $4000 using them on a Transatlantic cruise w/ one way flight back to the US.  Next time we looked at the prices for US to Europe and back could do better on our own.  For our upcoming Regent TA from MIA to LIS we via our TA requested (AA / BA) flights.  They were rejected and what Regent countered with were totally crap flights / connections.  We took the money and booked what we wanted on our own for basically the price we got back from the Regent "included" price.  Makes no sense to me as I am sure they could have gotten it for less than I paid given they have bulk contracts. It is what it is.  

Edited by 2SailingNomads
typo

Sometime ago I asked SB for a quote for 2 x b/c return flights from the UK to Vancouver. The price quoted was just shy of £1000 more than the airline was quoting for the exact same fully flexible flights!

As a matter of interest, since then, the airline upped the price - same flights, same dates, - from £5k to £6k to £21k in a matter of days. They then came down to £6k but are rising again??

I presume that this increase would have been reflected on SB's system so it is always worth doing your own research, and monitoring flight prices. I used Google flights "price track".

I have been reading this little thread and have one funny thing to say. I book all my own flights, and believe the cruise lines do great cruises but it's not hard doing your own travel arrangements. In their defence though, I wa son a cruise that got stuck during covid and instead of traveling from Singapore, we were diverted to Perth, and when they announced the cruise was ending there and then, Seabourn took care of everyone who booked travel with them and got them home one way or another, and I'm sure it cost them $10000 one way each to do it. I had to reroute and paid $20k to get home. Always remember its usually cheaper to do on your own, whether a tour, flight, hotel etc, but when the S%&*T hits the fan, Seabourn was there to rescue those that booked with them vs the 50 of us who were left to find the airline's reservation desk or travel agent, so to many, the cost is surely worth it. 

• Like 2