When can we get off in Vancouver to schedule a departing civic test

stromer

I need to schedule my departing covid test when I get off my Royal Princess cruise in Vancouver in late June and need to know when is the latest I can get off and how long is the line for customs and immigration?  Anyone who has recently done this I would appreciate any advice.  I know every cruise is different but approximate times would be appreciated

Thanks

4 minutes ago, stromer said:

How do I edit my original post topic to say Covid test.

click the ... up in the right hand corner - it may state 'edit' if post has not run out of time - if it has - click 'report post' and ask the title to be changed

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

you might want to edit you title post from civic to covid ...

I had flashbacks to school and having to take a civics test about what I learned on the cruise 😧

42 minutes ago, dockman said:

i was actually hoping that maybe they were going to require a civics test...lots of people would do well to maybe have  a refresher course.

I liked the original title better.  I had good memories of my last civics class back in 8th grade, which I aced, thanks to Schoolhouse Rock. 😁

• Like 2

Out of cabin by 8 am.

disembark when announcements are made- request earliest at customer service desk

pre book an appointment for Covid test- a few locations on mentioned on this website 

allow 40-60 minutes or more to get to the airport 

checkin is 3 hours for US, 2 hours for Canada prior to flight

No lineup for customs leaving the ship. Usually is only a person collecting the customs paperwork that you are given in the ship but we disembarked Royal at Vancouver on May 14 and the ship had collected our customs forms onboard. Our previous day was victoria though so if Vancouver is your first Canadian port things may not be done the same way.

Very few Americans can name the Canadian Prime Minister.  [Clue:  Didn't he create Doonesbury?   NO!   But he is just as much a joke as that cartoon strip!] 

We don't even know that Canada is a (mostly symbolic) monarchy, part of the UK.  And Americans do not understand any parliamentary system.  And Americans don't speak French, or acknowledge that Canadians and Mexicans and Salvadorians are all "Americans" in some broad continental sense.  So all Americans would fail the civics test in Vancouver.  Me included.

• Haha 1