Lunch hours for Pinnacle grill is it only open sea days?

gailellen12

45 minutes ago, rwmiller said:

On Nieuw Statendam now. Pinnacle Grill lunch only on sea days and open from 12 - 1 pm with reservations at 12, 12:15, 12:30 and 12:45. 

Bob

Can you book reservations before you board or is it done onboard ahead of time or the day of? Thanks in advance

26 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Can you book reservations before you board or is it done onboard ahead of time or the day of? Thanks in advance

You have to book on board - you can book in advance once on board

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Open on sea days 12-1 on Nieuw Amsterdam. Plenty of room but book earlier in day for 12 if you want a window seat and arrive at 12. One day we went at 12:55 and asked if we could have lunch. Manager looked at his watch and said yes. The second time we went maybe half a dozen tables were filled at 12 and no one came later. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, rwmiller said:

On Nieuw Statendam now. Pinnacle Grill lunch only on sea days and open from 12 - 1 pm with reservations at 12, 12:15, 12:30 and 12:45. 

Bob

What kind of meals do they serve for lunch?

We actually enjoy lunches in the PG more than the dinners.  While the PG is often opened for lunch on sea days it is also sometimes opened on a port day (this sometimes happens because the PG is used to entertain/feed some local VIP visitors).  Since the PG lunch schedule is not generally published we usually stop-by the PG during the early days of a cruise and simply ask the staff what days they will be open for lunch.  We generally make reservations at that time.

Hank

13 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We actually enjoy lunches in the PG more than the dinners.  While the PG is often opened for lunch on sea days it is also sometimes opened on a port day (this sometimes happens because the PG is used to entertain/feed some local VIP visitors).  Since the PG lunch schedule is not generally published we usually stop-by the PG during the early days of a cruise and simply ask the staff what days they will be open for lunch.  We generally make reservations at that time.

Hank

I agree.  I tend to go for the fish and I find it’s cooked more to my liking at lunch.  It’s been years and years since I’ve seen it open on a port day.  Maybe that happens on longer cruises. 

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I agree.  I tend to go for the fish and I find it’s cooked more to my liking at lunch.  It’s been years and years since I’ve seen it open on a port day.  Maybe that happens on longer cruises. 

They used to have a Wagyu Burger which was among the best burgers I have ever had...anywhere.  But like many things that "used to be" on HAL it was replaced by a burger made with lesser quality beef.  Despite the cut-backs we always found something to enjoy at lunch.

Hank

• Like 1