Tampa Hotel (and hopefully shuttle service )?

Gari

Hi All,

I am taking a cruise out of Tampa, Fl and want to come in a day early to make sure I get to my ship in time.  I will be flying in as I live in the DC area.  Any suggestion on a hotel?  I won't have a car no need for parking.

Suggestions?

I recently stayed at Best Western Premier Floridan Palace Hotel.  It’s in downtown Tampa, no shuttle, but a nice place to stay and not too far from the cruise port.  Uber cost about $25.00 from airport to hotel and less than $10 from hotel to cruise port.

• Like 1

The Tampa Marriott Water Street Hotel is a very nice hotel. I'm not sure if they provide shuttle service though but it's a 12 minute/.5 mile stroll to the port along the water.

Edited by BrianMD

Guest BasicSailor

I'm a fan of the Embassy Suites right at the port. Plenty of cabs for the short ride to the ship. Enjoy!

Embassy Suites Downtown / Convention Center. Near the pier, the Channelside area, aquarium, free TECO trolley to Ybor City with a stop directly in front of the hotel, etc. Depending on your pier, you can take the TECO trolley or a short Uber / Lyft / Cab ride.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Ybor city....it was walkable to alot of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Nice location at the end of Ybor so it wasn't super noisy. They have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a certain radius (I think 3 or 5 miles). We had them take us to a grocery store to buy wine and sodas to take onboard with us. Then it dropped us off for lunch somewhere in the area. We could have called it to come back and get us, but it wasn't a far walk to the hotel. It would also take you to the port - but we preferred to Lyft/Uber there since we had a large group and wanted to leave at a specific time. The fare for Lyft was only like $10 or so (if my memory serves me - it was three years ago!). 

Stayed at Hampton Inn Rocky point, had free shuttle from airport, free breakfast, can arrange shuttle to and from ship, 4 minute walk to Bahama Breeze restaurant but if you go make reservation on their app. Everything was easy and everyone was nice and helpful.