Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

I shuddered when some of those cruiselings told the media on board…Everybody is over covid and covid is over. What rock did they crawl out from under? 

If that were true, they wouldn't need to be jabbed or do a RAT to board. Then there are a few protocols aboard and 75% capacity. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Great video young Geoffrey. Was that Zoltina J going off, revving up her cruiselings in fine style?

More importantly how is the sea state and the tucker?

Tell Capitano to turn on the bridgecam, it is not in operation.

No, 

Zoltina-J is corporate, P&O Entertainment Director, not ship specific. She is aboard, but has lots to do with the upcoming P&O ships.

Entertainment Director is Kirsty Fraser

Cruise Director, and the voice you can hear, is Julie McEwen. 

A bit on sailaway. Seems the voices of Balmain have had their way, as the music didn't start till we were halfway to the bridge. One thing that P&O tops every other for is sailaway. It is great to be loud and celebrate the start of another voyage.

• Like 5

The food has been great, and while the service has been a bit rusty, it has been quick. So far we have done:

Embarkation lunch in Waterfront MDR,

Dinner in Angelo's,

Breakfast in Waterfront.

We dined and won music trivia last night with a group we had mostly connected with on Cruise Critic nearly 15 years ago. We thought the trivia was easy, but were the only ones with a perfect score.

The Captain has changed from the pre-cruise announcements. The name is quite familiar to P&O cruisers - Lorenzo Paoletti. We are expected at Point Cartwright pilot station at around 3am, and approaching the new Brisbane terminal around 6:30am.

Off for a Luke Mangan meal tonight. Luke is aboard, so I hope we score one of his funny cooking shows too.

• Like 5

Any chance you could swing by the Oasis bar this afternoon and tell me if they still do Sangrai's there. And if so, how much these are these days ? Can't see them on any of the drinks lists that I have seen yet. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

16540511316574623037573670436808.thumb.jpg.d83bb4c1235d34be0e81cabbcb980c70.jpg.Can you get some current pricing of food menus please ,was told everything gone up big time eg a cupple scoops of icesream $10..  last time l on Dora was over 20 years ago . Looks great out on the ocean from Coffs Harbour. No Dora to be seen.🙄

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@Hogbay I saw on a TA's page the NZ Ice cream prices are:
1 Scoop - $5.95
2 Scoops - $7.95
3 Scoops - $9.95
Ice cream Sundaes are $11.95.

No icesream for me ,feel for a big family 😮 dad would be saving his $7:95 for a beer .

• Haha 2

The ice cream is a few pegs up from supermarket Neapolitan. That said, the only times we have bought from there in the past is for coffee or a thickshake. The thickshake is usually made with at least 1/2 dozen scoops, yet cheaper than a sundae. I haven't looked for a price this time yet.

If I get a chance, I will see if there is a sangria on a menu there. One issue common with P&O is that while they will make you any cocktail you like, if it isn't on a menu, it is usually more expensive and doesn't fit under the drink package price cap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

I have seen the prices of the Milkshakes and Thickshakes too. 
Milkshakes are Regular = $6.50 and Large = $7.50
Thickshakes are Regular = $9.95 and Large = $10.95.

Seeing I don’t drink cocktails or any alcoholic drinks - I think the price of a thick shake is fair when compared to any other drink 🙄

• Like 2

Just now, Porky55 said:

Seeing I don’t drink cocktails or any alcoholic drinks - I think the price of a thick shake is fair when compared to any other drink 🙄

A regular milkshake on land is around $6 or $7 these days.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Us neither but then I’m not a milk shake person! Prefer ice coffee!

I don't know if the picture shows enough detail, as they are compressed on site. I can crop the board out later, as they are clear on the original.

For those concerned about keeping kids happy, there is free icecream in the dining room each night,

Another dirty Martini in front of me, then off for the first Salt Grill menu for nearly 4 years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

A regular milkshake on land is around $6 or $7 these days.

And there is nothing quite like the 3 or 4 scoops of icecream thick shakes that Princess make. 😋🥤

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I don't know if the picture shows enough detail, as they are compressed on site. I can crop the board out later, as they are clear on the original.

For those concerned about keeping kids happy, there is free icecream in the dining room each night,

Another dirty Martini in front of me, then off for the first Salt Grill menu for nearly 4 years.

The icecream in the MDR keeps my husband happy.🙂 Princess used to have it in the night-time buffet also, but I think they might have discontinued that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The icecream in the MDR keeps my husband happy.🙂 Princess used to have it in the night-time buffet also, but I think they might have discontinued that.

Princess still had complimentary ice cream in the  ice cream bar last time I was on Princess in 2018 in Europe.

I wonder if some pax are disembarking in Brisvegas and others embarking?

No doubt some or all of the tv media will be disembarking and flying back.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't think so. I believe the cruise was sold as a four-day trip from Sydney to Brisbane and return to Sydney.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No, it was only ever a 4 nighter. Some QLD media will depart, and perhaps a minor celebrity or two.

Fear not, we are staying on till Sydney 🤣

BTW, Salt Grill is still awesome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1